Pyramid Tea Bag Mod - Ptb How To

IndyColtsfan

Cool mod here. I didn't have any Lipton Pyramid bags so I tried it with some PG Tips bags I had in the pantry. Opened up 2 of them, folded them in half and rolled them tight so they could fit inside of my 801 cartridge. It seems to hold significantly more juice with little to no pooling, and feels like a slightly harder draw, but it's not excessive. Vapor production is better than the standard cartridge so far.

I've been using the pyramid tea bag for a few days now in my 510 and it does seem to work quite well. I am doing it the way that GrimmGreen showed on one of his videos. Basically roll it up, fold in half, cut to length, then make a few cuts vertically to sort of fray the business end. I think this is makes a better filler material than the polyfill. I remember Chris and a few others noting that the 510 seems to like to have a cart on it to get good flavor. If you just drip with not cart filler, there is a bit of a metallic taste from the atomizer. I tend to mainly drip but do use the cart where I put one drop on the cart, two on the atomizer (though I start with a good moist cart). That way you get good vapor, good flavor, and if you don't keep the cart too full, you avoid getting juice in your mouth which basically sucks.

What I like about this filler material is that you don't get the burnt polyfill taste and it seems to wick much better and more consistently. Now if the atomizer/cart is getting dry, I just get a bit of the metallic atomizer taste and then I just re-drip using the 1:2. It's really easy to do and just plain works. Plus the tea isn't half bad.

Shane

I've seen a number of people asking about this, so I'm posting this videos for our Vaportalk users. They were done by rhoneil, who has mastered different variations of the PTB mod. He has probably been the most informative video instructor for it that I have seen.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XwJZePQtHQ8

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=55omHBr5NO4

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the interesting looking juice "holder" in these videos are? They look kind of like scotch tape dispensers...???

Let me start off by saying that Im a dripper. I only use a plug in my carts to keep juice from coming out of the mouth piece and to keep the bridge of the atty wet to prevent over heating and nasty flavors. However, I have long been a proponent of keeping the folded end of the tea bag next to the atty as you have done in your video. We have long been told that liquid seeks it lowest point. This is true, but liquid can also get trapped in folds of fabric. This is exactly how I do my cart mods to keep the atty wet and the juice on the bridge of the atty. I also like your idea of cutting the ends of the tea bags to increase the surface area away from the bridge. This will provide more surface area for the juice to run down toward the atty. The traditional way of making a tea bag cart mod needs to be corrected. Your method works much better as it works with the laws of physics in a more precise manner.

Edited by CNubel

• 1 month later...

Wow. Just tried this mod(after using the pyramid with the frayed end up)and so far, so good!

Question for the vaping veterans though. How often do you change your PTB cart fillers? Seems like I get a burnt taste after a while, but I'm not sure if the cart filler is what I'm tasting, or is it just too dry? At first I thought I had some bad juice, but have it in with this mod and it tastes good (Blackberry...um...)

Also, is the Blue Marine filler better?

Edited by Knight

Wow. Just tried this mod(after using the pyramid with the frayed end up)and so far, so good!

Question for the vaping veterans though. How often do you change your PTB cart fillers? Seems like I get a burnt taste after a while, but I'm not sure if the cart filler is what I'm tasting, or is it just too dry? At first I thought I had some bad juice, but have it in with this mod and it tastes good (Blackberry...um...)

Also, is the Blue Marine filler better?

I used thr PTB mod for a while,I have switched to the blue sponge,they work about the same for me. The blue sponge is easier to make.Cut it to sixe and stick it in,no folding or rolling.Just make sure you get Marineland blue sponge,Marineland also makes a blue poly filter that is the same as polyfill.

I used thr PTB mod for a while,I have switched to the blue sponge,they work about the same for me. The blue sponge is easier to make.Cut it to sixe and stick it in,no folding or rolling.Just make sure you get Marineland blue sponge,Marineland also makes a blue poly filter that is the same as polyfill.

Blue sponge? Can you elaborate? Where do you get it?

Way too much work for me.

I thought the same thing, but then one day when I was bored I gave it a try. It worked really well -- better than anything else I had tried, and it delivered consistently. So I did a second one. Both of them work like a charm.

The advantage to these pyramid tea bags is that they are made of a silk-like material so they are washable and reusable. It really is far less fussy than it sounds. Just cut it, roll it, clip it and stuff it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the pyramid tea bag for a few days now in my 510 and it does seem to work quite well. I am doing it the way that GrimmGreen showed on one of his videos. Basically roll it up, fold in half, cut to length, then make a few cuts vertically to sort of fray the business end. I think this is makes a better filler material than the polyfill. I remember Chris and a few others noting that the 510 seems to like to have a cart on it to get good flavor. If you just drip with not cart filler, there is a bit of a metallic taste from the atomizer. I tend to mainly drip but do use the cart where I put one drop on the cart, two on the atomizer (though I start with a good moist cart). That way you get good vapor, good flavor, and if you don't keep the cart too full, you avoid getting juice in your mouth which basically sucks.

What I like about this filler material is that you don't get the burnt polyfill taste and it seems to wick much better and more consistently. Now if the atomizer/cart is getting dry, I just get a bit of the metallic atomizer taste and then I just re-drip using the 1:2. It's really easy to do and just plain works. Plus the tea isn't half bad.

Shane

This is EXACTLY how I do it as well! :thumbup:

The PTB mod that the OP showed is what I use when I'm driving too far for dripping to cover. I find that it works far better than any poly filler, and once you've made a couple, that's all you need. They're easy to clean for flavor changes. One downside to carts IMO, is the lost juice when you do clean them.