Lesson learned..... :(

So....like many others, I follow VaporJoe's Blog to find good deals and save some cash. Face it, vaping, while not as expensive as smoking analogs, can still be pretty expensive. Now that I'm set up with my APV and clearos of choice, juice is the biggest expense. Was loving a company that put out really nice juice that came pre-steeped and the company had some really good prices and would frequently run bogo deals and discounts off their facebook page. Then all of a sudden they jumped their prices up $15 on their "modules" and stopped offering any discounts. No biggie....time to hunt around for some deals, right?

While browsing VaporJoe's a couple weeks ago, I came across a post for a juice company I hadn't heard of before, but they were offering a really sweet deal of $8.99 for 120ml. Company name is Lucky 7 Vapes. Even though their shipping of $4.99 was ludicrous, I thought what the heck....still a good deal, so I found a couple of flavors that looked good and placed an order. Bam....right away got a confirmation email and the money left my bank account. Well...that was 2 weeks ago and my order is still in "Awaiting Fulfillment" status. I contacted them through their website 3 days ago and to my surprise got a reply back right away, basically saying "Sorry....we've been trying to catch up. We'll either ship tomorrow or refund your money". I wrote back and said fine, ship tomorrow, and got another reply back saying "will do". As of today, my order still sits unfilled.

I probably shoulda seen it coming, but ya' hope, you know? Here's this company that ran a big sale to attract new business and introduce people to their juice (they still would make a profit, even at the sale price, too). If they have decent juice and offer reasonable prices, they would garner a good chunk of new business. Instead, they have totally screwed the pooch and turned off new customers in droves.

Eventually I will either get my juice or file a dispute through my bank and get credited the money. But I will NEVER buy juice from them again. I will also be very careful about placing orders with these companies that offer these big sales, and do alot of research before I willy-nilly place an order just because it's a fantastic sale. It just boggles my mind that there are merchants out there that have such poor business sense that they take an opportunity to gain alot of customers in the highly competitive juice market and turn it into a business-killing fiasco.

Lesson learned.

I ordered from them on Jan 24th and still haven't received my juice. I wrote them earlier this week and received no reply. I again wrote them yesterday and received an email stating that they have been slammed with orders due to the sale and that my order will go out today. We will see.

Scary low is right. The cheapest places I've seen non-sale prices for 120 ml is around $30. But $4.99 shipping isn't bad. But still, I would wonder about the quality of the ingredients at that price, and why did they hold the sale open so long if they were getting slammed so hard they couldn't keep up?

That price is scary low. They won't be in business long at that price. :(

Scary low is right. The cheapest places I've seen non-sale prices for 120 ml is around $30. But $4.99 shipping isn't bad. But still, I would wonder about the quality of the ingredients at that price, and why did they hold the sale open so long if they were getting slammed so hard they couldn't keep up?

I've ordered from them twice got my first order but waiting on my second one. There giving updates right now on there FB page . You didn't get scammed. They had a lot of order

Again....this is a sale. This is not their regular every day price. The object of a sale is to drive new business by offering discounted prices, increase your brand/company familiarity and incent people to become loyal customers.

There's alot of this type of sale going on right now; check it out for yourself on the deal blogs. Price wars are a good thing for consumers and are what drive a free market economy. It's a win-win deal, and let's face it, with a product that basically consists of 3 ingredients, it's going to be what culls the herd. That and service levels. Whoever can find a way to efficiently deliver a good product more cheaply than the competition wins and prospers.

Lucky 7 Vapors (or any other maker) should not have a sale that they cannot deliver on in a timely manner. The practice is counter-productive and a surefire business killer. I don't accept the excuse "they had alot of orders". That's ridiculous. BTW....I just visited their FB page, and see alot of excuses and promises.....right alongside their post that they're planning "another big sale." Really? Wow.

And $4.99 IS out of line for 2 bottles of juice sent regular domestic first class in a bubble mailer. I know what shipping rates are.

Anyway....point here is that anyone can throw up a pre-boxed merchant website and start taking orders with no real plan behind it. As for myself, I will still look for deals, but do my homework before clicking the Submit Order button.

Others have had similar promotions pop up on Vapor Joe's. They were swamped as well. Ordering at such a low price is a choice one makes and I made that choice just to give these guys or gals a try. I figured it will take forever to get the juice, but I ordered anyway. I mean at $1.99 could I possibly think i was the only guy around who saw the Joe announcement? Anyone thinking their order would be filled in the normal timeframe was dreaming. I'll wait and it will come I'm sure. Then I can judge the quality; no need to say it can't be good or they won't be in business very long just because they had a successful promotional sale.

The shipping cost? I made that choice too. It was right on the screen, clear as could be, before I finalized my order. Another choice I could make. Accept it or decline it - my decision. Should they have a different way of calculating shipping? Indeed they should. Right now they offer one price. Accept it or click away. It's a choice not a decree. Now I DO think while Vapor Joe does help business he can shake them up too. Maybe they need shaking up to improve?

Dave

Edited by Arterial Puncture