evod battery still blinking when charged

okay so i am using an evod vv with a kanger mini protank 2, and after a while i started to get that burnt taste so i took apart the coil and was doing dry burns. while i was doing this my battery started blinking and shut off (as it would when it runs out of power and needs to be charged) so i figured yeah i just need to charge it. well, after charging it for about an hour i screwed it back on and came to realize it was still blinking when i went to press the button and try to vape with it, i took the battery off and realized that the battery only blinked like that when it was connected. when the battery is disconnected and just by itself i can press in the button it lights up and stays lit while i hold it in as if it would if i was taking a drag with it connected. and i figured thats weird, and i also tried holding the button down as i screwed the battery in and it stayed solidly lit until it got screwed on all the way it would start blinking and not work. now the question is what did i do to my battery and can i fix it? my guess is that i just happened to mess it up and overheat it somehow while i was dry burning to clean my coil or something like that, because it did start to get very hot. is my battery pretty much trashed now or do i have to wait more or is there something i can do? has anyone else had this problem?

in fact, i even just tried touching a safety pin to the connector part of the battery and it starting blinking once it touched. whenever it comes into contact with anything metal it blinks. but the button stays lit if its being held prior to anything touching it... luckily i just ordered a new battery yesterday before i even started having this problem, but i still did want this one. it seems kinda like an unfixable problem to me though, it's just a very odd one...

in fact, i even just tried touching a safety pin to the connector part of the battery and it starting blinking once it touched. whenever it comes into contact with anything metal it blinks. but the button stays lit if its being held prior to anything touching it... luckily i just ordered a new battery yesterday before i even started having this problem, but i still did want this one. it seems kinda like an unfixable problem to me though, it's just a very odd one...

Sounds like you have a short in the kpt mini try and change out the head with a new one

unfortunately i don't have another one right now but i did just order some new ones with my new battery, but my point is even if i do change it out with another one i feel as if it still isn't going to work because of what i said with the safety pin- when it comes into contact with anything metal it still blinks. so i feel even if it is with a working head it will probably still do it

It's possible that the insulator between the center pin and the body is

damaged and causing a short.

As already suggested try a new coil when you get one and if it still

wont fire you'll prolly have to replace that batt.

They can be repaired but it's a tedious and time consuming process

that has a few dangers if not done properly.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Its the coil head. The coil might be touching the sides of the chimney shaft. Take aa toothpick and gently reposition the coil. That generally takes care of it

Its the coil head. The coil might be touching the sides of the chimney shaft. Take aa toothpick and gently reposition the coil. That generally takes care of it

Guys, are you not listening to the OP?

in fact, i even just tried touching a safety pin to the connector part of the battery and it starting blinking once it touched. whenever it comes into contact with anything metal it blinks

It's NOT the tank if it's doing this whenever anything metal touches the connector. At least, MY stick batteries don't do this.

oh well. i appreciate the responses but i think its safe to say whatever is going on with it it's pretty much a trashed battery now. luckily i do have a new one with a bunch of replacement coils coming in the mail soon.. just upsetting to see the money i spent on the battery go to waste, i only had it for a couple of days.

Guys, are you not listening to the OP?

It's NOT the tank if it's doing this whenever anything metal touches the connector. At least, MY stick batteries don't do this.

Spydey, sometimes I really wonder if you even read these posts. You even quoted where he states he shorted out his battery with a safety pin. The battery has two poles, negative and positive. The positive pole is the center disc. The negative is the outside rim with the threads. Of course it's going to short itself if you touch or link them with a piece of metal. Doh!

I still say it's the coil!

oh well. i appreciate the responses but i think its safe to say whatever is going on with it it's pretty much a trashed battery now. luckily i do have a new one with a bunch of replacement coils coming in the mail soon.. just upsetting to see the money i spent on the battery go to waste, i only had it for a couple of days.

Did you mail order it, or buy it at a B&M? If you've only had it for a couple days, contact the vendor, they should let you return it and give you a refund if they can reproduce the problem.

The battery is fine. Wait until you get the new coils and try it out. By everything you have described, the battery is doing everything it is supposed to do.

The battery has built in circuit protection which turns it off if it encounters a short circuit. That is what the flashing means.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...