Kinda new guy, seeking wisdom for pg/vg, nic.

Tfraz

Hi friends,

Question:

Once ordered ECBlend's Cold Fusion, 7 leaf tobacco shot, menthol shot, 18mg nic, 40pg/60vg...really liked the flavor in a carto, but thought a bit more nic would make it perfect. So, ordered ECBlend's Cold Fusion, 7 leaf tobacco shot, menthol shot, 24mg nic, 50pg/50vg. However, with the new order I vape it not in carto but Vision Nano Clearo.

I feel the flavor is a bit more bitter than 1st order and throat hit is stronger than I prefer.

So, time to order again. To get the original order's flavor but with more nic should I change the 50pg/50vg to, say, 40pg/60vg and leave nic at 24mg?

Want the less bitter flavor with less throat hit, but enjoy the satisfaction of 24mg nic.

Interested in your more experienced thoughts. I'm analog free for over about a month!

Thanks in advance.

Well im no pro but i would say less nic if u want a litle less throat hit!! Ive ben useing rda's a lot lately and truth is the nic is harsh for me out of them..i got a juice with no nic/verry litle and thats ben doing it for me..just an exaple!! Anyway i prefer more vg and deff not 24 nic..i would sugest to try an 18 or just order a 12 and if u mix it equally with ure 24 it will make 18...

Good luck,either way i hope you get what your looking for!! ;-)

Beware of high percentages of vg. Depending on your delivery device it can severely inhibit juice flow resulting in dry hits. It's a balancing act from my experience.

Using Vision Nano Clearo, 510 thread, Joyetech man. Batteries. And sometimes, 510 Boge Cartos. What do you think?

Just my opinion but I'd go with a 50/50 blend if you're wanting the 24 mg of nic, maybe even go 40PG/60 VG to help smooth things out even more with that high of a nic content. I have one juice at 24 mg and it takes a little more VG to keep it from being bitter and harsh. Beware that more VG in your juice, the thicker it is and the more likely it will be to gum up your coil.

More PG = thinner juice, better flavor delivery, harsher throat hit

More VG = thicker juice, slightly sweeter flavor, more vapor, more likely to gum up coils

More Nic = more bitterness in the juice, more jitters should you vape too much at all once :D

Edited by Tameiki

Just my opinion but I'd go with a 50/50 blend if you're wanting the 24 mg of nic, maybe even go 40PG/60 VG to help smooth things out even more with that high of a nic content. I have one juice at 24 mg and it takes a little more VG to keep it from being bitter and harsh. Beware that more VG in your juice, the thicker it is and the more likely it will be to gum up your coil.

More PG = thinner juice, better flavor delivery, harsher throat hit

More VG = thicker juice, slightly sweeter flavor, more vapor, more likely to gum up coils

More Nic = more bitterness in the juice, more jitters should you vape too much at all once   :D

BTW, Sept 27th is a good day (my lovely wife's birthday) just noticed :-)

Considering Vision Nano Clearo, 510 thread/manual battery, was my order of reduced PG a terrible idea?

Also, Boge Carto, sometimes?

BTW, Sept 27th is a good day (my lovely wife's birthday) just noticed :-)

Considering Vision Nano Clearo, 510 thread/manual battery, was my order of reduced PG a terrible idea?

Also, Boge Carto, sometimes?

You know... the juice you have now? Here's an easy fix. Go to your local pharmacy and buy some food grade vegetable glycerine. I got mine in the cake supply section of Hobby Lobby. In a different bottle add just a little bit of a juice, add a couple of drops of the glycerine and then use that. The reason why I suggest using a new bottle is so you don't ruin the original bottle by adding too much VG and then you can't take it out. This way you can add more of your original flavor if you added too much VG and continue mixing to your preference.

Vision Nanos are good little clearomizers but keep in mind that more VG, the thicker the juice. If it's too thick you'll wind up getting dry hits because your wick can't soak up the juice fast enough.

Your wife's birthday is the same? We Librans are nuts...but in a good way. :lol:

Tameiki, great advice. Recommendation for starting with reduced PG. Say, 5ml reduced PG liquid with ___ food grade VG?

Hopefully, liquid won't be too thick, but just in case.

You might go to the DIY section of this forum for a more exact ratio and links to online calculator. I just do it the non-scientific way and go with a couple drops at a time until I get it where I want it. Sorry, but that's the best I can do. There are others on this forum who DIY and can give you more info. :)

Hopefully, liquid won't be too thick, but just in case.

This is why I suggest using a different bottle to mix in. If the juice becomes too thick just add some more of the original juice that's too thin to balance it out. :)

Just a word of caution, though. If you add too much of anything you're going to decrease your nic and flavor so try a few drops at a time to keep it as close to the original as possible. Another thing you might like to try is to buy another bottle of juice at the opposite ratio as the first. I prefer my juices at 50/50 but decided to try a 60 PG/40 VG for more flavor. It turned out to be too harsh. Since I love the flavor of the juice I bought another bottle of 40 PG/60 VG and mixed to two together to get the 50/50 ratio.

Libras are knows to play both sides of the fence in a conversation/debate (scales tipping one way then another). We could probably go on for hours talking things over and changing our stance whenever it seems the conversation isn't going our way. Lol.

Edited by Tameiki