genuine vs. knockoff

ok so i just got my first real tape device. (had the blu cig kit for 2 years, but didn't really consider than all that great) i stopped at my somewhat local smoke shop. they sold me a ego-t for $26 and a "pro tank" for $7.50 the pro tank is obviously a knock off it says nothing on it. soon as i bought it i put the tank on my ego and the coil never fired. luckily i got 2 extra coils while i was there. switched it and its been working perfect for a week now. my question is. i have the knock off tank. its my first tank so i really can't compare it to a real genuine tank. would it be worth it to pick up a pro tank 2? or a different tank maybe a dual coil? i guess you could say i "upgraded" and also picked up a evod VV which i am more happy with than the ego-t. but i haven't picked up a pack of cigarettes in a week now so i will be vaping allot. i guess i was just wondering if its truly worth the money to get a nice tank and nice battery/mod sooner than later. i also got 2 bottles of really cheap e liquid $2.50 each when i got my first things. vaped good. until i picked up some e juice that was $7.50 a bottle and really noticed how much more satisfying the taste and vapor was. won't be buying anymore cheap juice thats for sure haha

When I got my genuine KPT2, I picked up a knock-off kpt2. Other than having to changing the coil base o-ring, it is vaping like the genuine does. It was less then half of the original. If the knock-off works, use it. I personally like having a few (5) tanks. It gives me a chance to have 5 different flavors to vape on throughout the day. Of my tanks, I only have the one original kanger. However, 2 of my other tanks are the iClear 30 and iClear 30s.

I am DEFINITELY among the school of you can never have too many back up batteries, or too many tanks. When I first bought all my KPT2s, I was going to relegate my Evods to "sample testers". Nope, just meant there were more tanks that I could fill up. NOT COUNTING the iClear 30s that came with my MVPs and my VTR (which I don't, and probably won't, use), and the Aspires that I bought to try out that I'm not too fond of, I currently have 19 tanks - a mix of Evods, a Davide, KPT2s, and mini pro tanks - both models. This is AFTER my SO dumped about 5, I think, tanks on me - no, it ended up being 4, because he took the black evod back, and I can't even remember why. I keep trying to give him the KPT2 and the iClear 30 that he dumped on me back to him, but he won't take them back......and heck, after all the effort I spent getting the stupid pluid smell out of that KPT2, Darn right I'm gonna keep that bad boy, now. I'll be having a flavor coming in soon that will go in it nicely.

Do I have something in all 19 tanks? No. Four are currently empty as I'm whittling away at my stockpile, with two or three more Evods nearing the point of becoming empty. But I'm also in the process of ordering some more flavors for consideration and testing, and I still have some sample bottles sitting that I never bothered to tank up that I could use them on.

The debate of knock-off (clone) vs. auethentic is honestly a moot subject. There really is no correct answer, as everything really boils down to personal preference. You will always have people that say "Only Auethentic" and people that will say "clone is just fine"

If you are really considering getting a KPT2, find someone that has one and try it out, see if there is enough difference in taste, etc, in your opinion, to justify the extra cost.

I WOULD recommend only using genuine Kanger coils, though. The knock off coils quality is, well, bad.

I have to agree with you Spydre. Genuine coils all the way! Even if you are ever going to rebuild your Kanger coils. I have noticed some of the knock-off coils have slightly longer contact pins on the bottom that stick out of the coil bases. This leads to not being able to fully seat the tank onto whatever battery or apv and results in a "non" or 0.0 code on my mvp and gives me error flashes on my spinner batt and won't fire.

So, in short, whatever you use, use coresponding parts/coils for it. If you're using knock-off kpt2's, use the knock-off coils with it. Genuine kpt's, use genuine coils.

Just be sure to keep them separated from each other to avoid hassles and confusion.

Edited by Joshuab3687

ya im kinda glad i got a extra evod vv for when my ego dies. its nice to always have a charged one since neither are pass threw. i think ill probably grab a genuine pro tank. or a i clear. then get a handful of cheap tanks as well. i have only had a few leak issues with the knock off but after just cleaning it with a paper towel it works just fine again. thanks for the info guys! hoping to get my first mod with a 18650 here soon to check out that scene. thanks again! one of the more polite and professional forums I've dealt with so far.

ya im kinda glad i got a extra evod vv for when my ego dies. its nice to always have a charged one since neither are pass threw. i think ill probably grab a genuine pro tank. or a i clear. then get a handful of cheap tanks as well. i have only had a few leak issues with the knock off but after just cleaning it with a paper towel it works just fine again. thanks for the info guys! hoping to get my first mod with a 18650 here soon to check out that scene. thanks again! one of the more polite and professional forums I've dealt with so far.

I ALWAYS recommend if you are using stick batteries to have two. Since you can't be positive the battery won't die before you go to bed, so that it can charge overnight, it's better to be safe than sorry, IMO. Plus, well, people go through batteries at different rates.