Smoke free ordinance in Grand Prairie, Texas.

ThatCarGuyDFW

The city council meeting is set for Jan 21st at 6:30PM. I am getting info as to what the ordinance covers. I want those of us that live in The DFW area to go and defend vaping if electronic cigarettes are included in this ordinance.

Not getting any information about this proposed ordinance from the folks proposing it. I know that today is MLK day but you would think that at least one person has a link to the ordinance for the general public to read. I have looked and haven't found anything. Something tells me that vaping is included in this ordinance and they don't want us to fight it. I am attending regardless to speak up if vaping is brought up.

Not getting any information about this proposed ordinance from the folks proposing it. I know that today is MLK day but you would think that at least one person has a link to the ordinance for the general public to read. I have looked and haven't found anything. Something tells me that vaping is included in this ordinance and they don't want us to fight it. I am attending regardless to speak up if vaping is brought up.

Try talking to one of the local newspapers - they may have a link to it.

My grandfather runs the local news in GP and he hasn't received anything even though he did an article about the ordinance yesterday. The only thing in the article is a link to the American Heart Association.

Well, hell. Maybe the Dallas papers have it? Just a shot in the dark.

The only part of the ordinance that I can find that relates to ecigs is this :

Section 13-139. Electronic Smoking Devices.
An establishment that has as a primary source of business the sale, distribution, and/or on premise use of
electronic smoking devices and related products shall not allow or employ persons under the age of eighteen
(18) years within the establishment. This shall include, but not be limited to, vapor lounges, vapor bars, vapor
salons, and vapor stores. Such establishments shall display signage prominently at entrances stating that
persons under the age of eighteen (18) years are prohibited within the establishment.

The only part of the ordinance that I can find that relates to ecigs is this :

Section 13-139. Electronic Smoking Devices.

An establishment that has as a primary source of business the sale, distribution, and/or on premise use of

electronic smoking devices and related products shall not allow or employ persons under the age of eighteen

(18) years within the establishment. This shall include, but not be limited to, vapor lounges, vapor bars, vapor

salons, and vapor stores. Such establishments shall display signage prominently at entrances stating that

persons under the age of eighteen (18) years are prohibited within the establishment.

I am glad that's the extent of what's being said in the ordinance. We will see what's said in the meeting. Thank you for finding this btw. I guess I am just rubbish at finding things

I am glad that's the extent of what's being said in the ordinance. We will see what's said in the meeting. Thank you for finding this btw. I guess I am just rubbish at finding things

Don't be hard on yourself. I work for a city and deal with agendas and ordinances all the time. I know where to look and what to look for on a city's website.

That's a relief, at least they are not taking action that is above reason or stimulated by panic. I have felt that under the 18 should be restricted as do 99.9999% of the adult Vaping community when it come to sale to minors.

Agreed completely. It's nice to see some people thinking about this outside of OMG IT LOOKS LIKE SMOKING!!! BAN IT!!!!

That's a relief, at least they are not taking action that is above reason or stimulated by panic. I have felt that under the 18 should be restricted as do 99.9999% of the adult Vaping community when it come to sale to minors.

I agree, Comp. Which is why I pretty much applauded when state law was passed making purchasing anything e-cig specific limited to those over the age of 18 in Illinois.

Agreed completely. It's nice to see some people thinking about this outside of OMG IT LOOKS LIKE SMOKING!!! BAN IT!!!!

Hey, that's why the City Council in one city passed a vaping ban. It was confusing people, who thought the vapers were smoking. So, okay, let's legislate to make the ignorant less confused?