Dual coil question

iheartvape

Ok for all you dual coil pro builders out there... Got a question for you...

I got a Helio today (dual coil rba) I have never rebuilt a dual coil before, and my first build so far has been very disappointing. I'm using 28g kanthal with 8 wraps on a micro coil (1/16th diameter I believe) anyways I seem to just be getting a burnt cotton taste and very little cloud. If I let it go dry trying to get the coil broken in i can see one coil starting to glow and the other is not. Now to back up a bit.. While building I built both coils the same, put them on and pulsed them with no wick and had even glow on both coils. I'm not sure if I need to build the coils differently since it's dual coil or what. On my single coils I build them the same... 28g 8 wraps but I use a bigger diameter.... Ahh crap I bet that's what it is... I need to increase the diameter to raise the ohms a bit.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The second coil could be shorting on the deck? By what you describe the res could be too high...maybe caused by the short. I seem to think that if the coil is too low to the deck the added juice adds resistance?

Just tryna help til the builders come...

The second coil could be shorting on the deck? By what you describe the res could be too high...maybe caused by the short. I seem to think that if the coil is too low to the deck the added juice adds resistance? Just tryna help til the builders come...
I have them up a little from the deck, but I guess it is possible. I wrapped new coils and increased the diameter but same issue for the burnt taste, one dries out a tad faster then the other but they seem to be pretty even as far as heating up goes. Edited by iheartvape

What resistance are you trying to achive? Im no pro(yet lol) but ive hade some good dual dragon style builds..

U should try two micro coils wraped on a paper clip useing thinner wire like 32g..remember what ever ure 1st coil has for resistance when u add a 2nd the resistance gets cut in half..

• 2 weeks later...

I never did figure out what the issue was I was having with that particular rda, i ended up getting a different rda, and i was able to get a flawless dual coil set up on it first try. Thanks for the info guys. I think the helios clone was just junk, most likely an issue with the posts. I'm using a Igo-W now.