chapped lips from vapouring

suzzyj

I would think chapped lips are a result of your vaping technique rather than from vaping, itself. And the cold, dry weather. If you're like most here and find vaping more enjoyable than smoking, you're probably licking your lips more often than normal every time you vape. Keep something like a Chap-Stik handy and enjoy being off cigs while waiting for mo betta weather. And, yes, it'll go away.

yeah I am definetley enjoying it more then smoking, what do you mean by my technique? I just smoke on it? is there anything you can recommend me doing or trying?,

and also if theres any good vaps out there I might treat myself to a really good one, saying that I only paid 30 for mine and it seems great im on the blueberry flavour atm wbu?

yeah I am definetley enjoying it more then smoking, what do you mean by my technique? I just smoke on it? is there anything you can recommend me doing or trying?,

By "technique" I meant the way you use your device, at least the way I find myself using mine ...... I usually dampen my lips with my tongue before taking a draw. That'll cause chapped lips. If you enjoy vaping more than stinkies, and you can vape more where you can't smoke, you're probably hitting it more, licking your lips more, causing chapped lips. So, yeah, vapn' is causing chapped lips .... indirectly. But ...... having chapped lips for a little while is nowhere as bad as clogging up your lungs, is easier to avoid, and much less costly to correct. Keep a Chap Stick handy.

As to flavors, you're on your own there. I have some pretty standard and basic flavor favorites I mix myself. If you're fortunate enough to be in an area where a shop has tasters, try them all till you hit ones you like. You might decide to mix your own, too, as you progress.

The "tongue thing" ..... probably refering to vapor's tongue. That's where everything tastes like crap. There'll come a time, maybe, where everything you vape tastes like soap. Shouldn't last long (my experience with it didn't last more than 1/2 a day), but sure can be annoying.

Edited by aufin

I seem to be drinking a lot of liquids anyway, ive had 2 cups of tea , 2 cans of coke , a bottle of water already today, and what do you mean my tongue is next? do you think the chaped lips will go away?

Much, much, much less caffeine, at least early on. Even if you have decaf tea, there is still SOME caffeine in it, as it occurs naturally, and can't all be gotten out. Coke, if you drink caffeine free, is 100% caffeine free because caffeine is an ADDED ingredient - but in return they add more sweetener to make up for loosing a bit of flavor when they take the caffeine out (that part I actually like with Diet Pepsi). But frankly, water will be your best friend, in moderation, for at least the next week. Say, one soda for every 2 8 ounce glasses of water. And drinking water too fast WILL make you sick.

Your chapped lips could just as well be from the weather, though, with this weather hitting the entire country.

Vaper's tongue can result from being dehydrated, or vaping the same flavor non stop for days and days with no break. I got it early on, and it was frustrating. Another thing that helps that is making sure you brush your tongue, and I find Biotene mouthwash, specificially for dry mouth, which I have a problem with, helps. After that first case, I haven't had it happen since, but I vape a LOT of flavors, but two FAR more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been vaping for 3 days

Just not enough time to make any conclusions.

Give it a month and then see what happens

I have no idea why real coffee (with caffeine) was denigrated, the health benefits of coffee are numerous and well documented, the suggestion to drink crap like Diet Pepsi instead is just plain bad advice.

From the Mayo clinic,

Caffeine: Is it dehydrating or not?

It is true that caffeinated fluids can contribute to your daily fluid requirement.
Drinking caffeine-containing beverages as part of a normal lifestyle doesn't cause fluid loss in excess of the volume ingested. While caffeinated drinks may have a mild diuretic effect — meaning that they may cause the need to urinate — they don't appear to increase the risk of dehydration.

Well, my docs - yes, docs - always told me that caffeine was dehydrating. And they have ALL mentioned that the more caffeine you drink, the thirstier you'll get. I mentioned diet cola or something non-coffee or tea related, because the caffeine is added artificially, it does not come in the plant the drink is based on - it's just added for flavoring.

While there are many health benefits to caffeine, the first days of vaping, proper hydration is a must as you get used to the drying effects of the vape, or it WILL lead to vaper's tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

I also experienced this when I first started vaping. It will go away with experience and time. You'll figure different mouth-positions that you prefer. Also, your lips might not be used to the vapor on them. The cold+water vapor on your lips will result in chapping.