SVD/VTR/Sigelei Zmax and other APV owners

spydre

Okay, we get a bonus in mid to late this month. I've been cleared to get another APV or mod,, to start my collection. I was thinking of either a kicked mod, but I don't want to get into sub ohm, and if I want variable wattage, why not an APV? And if I don't kick it,, it' just a more powerful, essentially stick battery, right? And I still don't understand the difference between different mods, other than design.

But I was looking at APVs at the same time. First question would be do the SVD, the VTR, the SID, etc., have a display or option to show whether you are in voltage or wattage mode. The Zmax had this, and I was very dissapointed that the MVP does not have this option. Oh, and add in the Vamo to that question

I was sort of considering the VTR, but I'm worried about the thumb action, like the MVP, I'm assuming, a little bit stiffer, which,, over time, especially since my surgery, has been giving mr trouble with my hands (I've been over doing it eith my surgery hand). Sort of like the MVP?

Wizard, you had both the Sigelei and the SVD. What are your impressions of both? I know the SVD is much taller than other APVs, but what about - for lack of a better term - girth?

I'm sure I have a million other questions, but it's late, and my sunuses combined with a migrane are kicking my arse. I actually had most of this post typed out on my Nook from last night and I figured I'd get it out, maybemaybe get some esrly answers, before I remembered the other questions hopefully in the am when hopefully my brain is functioning again.

The SVD is around the same diameter as all my other mods, it is alot taller. There's a couple things I like about it, 510 attys fit flat on it, and I don't know much about circuit boards, but I think it uses a different one than most of the other apv's so it does vape differently. When I start getting muted taste, I can switch mods and it helps with the flavor.

I'm not getting what you mean by "thumb action" on the VTR. The only thing I use my thumb on is to use it to hold on to the VTR. The button is very soft and easy to push.

Well, I've only started on my first cup of coffee so lack of sufficient amounts of caffeine could be affecting my cognizant functions. :coffee:

Edited by Tameiki

I have a fairly new SID so I can tell you it does have multiple display options.

You can set it for no display or batt voltage or coil ohms or voltage /wattage,

they only show when you hit the fire button.

The little metal button is very positive and clicky,in fact it's loud lol.It has a very short

easy throw and seems to work really well.

My only two complaints with it are the (rattlesnake)33.3mhz chip and the smoked out

screen.It's very hard for me to see the display in bright light,not a prob indoors under

normal incandescent lights.I really haven't used it very much because it just doesn't suit my tastes

so it'll prolly wind up in the classifieds lol.

Okay, a few questions brought on by the responses here so far, plus another question.

As far as the SVD, and other ROUND APVs, I found a mod ring clip here http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=100_74&product_id=739 and was wondering if it would fit around most APVs. I know it's designed to fit around mech mods, but if it could get that on it, and get it on a lanyard of some sort while I'm using it, it would prevent all the klutziness drops and rolling off my desk. I know there are other things you can to carry round mods in, but some of them, frankly, are ugly as sin.

So Wizard, you don't use the beauty ring from your KPT2 with it?

Tam, now that I'm looking at the VTR more closely, I see that the trigger is on the side. What do you use to carry it in - when you are moving room to room and have an armload of stuff, or when you go out? Again, thinking of my klutziness factor here.

Joe, does the SID have an LED or OLED screen? To be truthful, that one wasn't even on my radar.

I know I had problems with the last Zmax I had, but I talked to Grimm Green about it - he and his wife have the same model with no problems and love it - and he said something about tightening the battery chamber down too tight can screw with the electronics. So I was considering another Zmax as well, I guess sort of the whole you never forget your first love type of thing? The only reason I was even looking at v5 is because it comes in gun metal. BUT I'm still a little gun shy about the button thing.

Wizard is the SVD a one button device? You go through a menu on the single button, or are there other buttons as well? I couldn't find a good close up shot with it.

Carter, and other Vamo owners, I see that the Vamo is a mutli-button device, but how stiff are the menu buttons, for lack of a better term. Still having problems with my hands, so everything is a consideration, and with my MVP, I generally have to operate the menu buttons with my left hand, since I'm still post op on my surgery on the 19th (baby it for a couple more weeks, the doctor said when he took the stitches out. Does he freaking KNOW how hard it is to avoid doing stuff with the THUMB of your dominant hand????).

So, like I said, everything is a consideration. Have I missed any other major APVs? I know the Cool Fire 2 is just out, but with no track record to look up, I'm not really willing to take a jump there.

Tam, now that I'm looking at the VTR more closely, I see that the trigger is on the side. What do you use to carry it in - when you are moving room to room and have an armload of stuff, or when you go out? Again, thinking of my klutziness factor here.

Because of its shape I can easily just have it in my hand even when I have a crapton of stuff moving from one room to another. It also fits into the back pocket of my jeans but it's pretty heavy there. On the inside of my purse there's a side pocket. That's what I put it in when I go out but mostly I just use it at home while I'm at my desk/computer. Otherwise, I use my Spinners with the Davide mini when I'm out and about.

Okay, a few questions brought on by the responses here so far, plus another question.

As far as the SVD, and other ROUND APVs, I found a mod ring clip here http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=100_74&product_id=739 and was wondering if it would fit around most APVs.  I know it's designed to fit around mech mods, but if it could get that on it, and get it on a lanyard of some sort while I'm using it, it would prevent all the klutziness drops and rolling off my desk.  I know there are other things you can to carry round mods in, but some of them, frankly, are ugly as sin.

So Wizard, you don't use the beauty ring from your KPT2 with it?

Wizard is the SVD a one button device?  You go through a menu on the single button, or are there other buttons as well?  I couldn't find a good close up shot with it.

Don't need the beauty ring, and there are 3 buttons total, one to fire, the other two are for the functions.

Tam, on the VTR, on one of the vendor websites, it said you had to use the beauty ring provided by innokin for any tank OTHER than the iClear 30's. Have you found that to be true?

You don't have to use the beauty ring at all with the VTR, there's an extender so you can use tanks that don't fit in the ring. The full sized Davide and KPT2/KPT3 all fit perfectly inside the original ring that's a part of the VTR body so they're well protected.

I have a provari,svd,zmax. Out of them, the provari is my favorite but not by much. The svd is second and zmax third. The svd is awesome but it is a lil long. I love the menu and button scheme on it. I also am a big fan of wattage vaping over voltage.

Well, a Provari is most likely out of the budget, since I believe there is a computer that has to be rebuilt as well, plus, I prefer wattage vaping. I don't want to have to go to my ohm's calculator to figure out the voltage I need for the wattage I want, when I can set the wattage, and the unit figures out the voltage based on the resistance.

So on the SVD, is it more than one button, or a single button? I have to admit, I LOVED the single button operation of the Zmax.

As far as the Zmax, which brand did you have? Smoke Tech or Sigelei?

SVD has three buttons, two for adjustment, and a fire button....the more I think on it, a VTR might be the choice for you, adjustments are easy, one button and a dial,and a fire button.....easy to adjust, large led screen, and after I got used to it, changing tanks is easy and fast. Due to the socket that you place the tank in, you don't really need to tighten it down, and easy to "spin" in and out... Your issue will be the weight. It's nearly a full pound with a tank attached, almost like three MVPs.

Went into one of our B&M's, played with the VTR again, and with the SVD (the B&M we went into the other day with the VTR didn't have batteries in it, and didn't carry the SVD). Played around with them for a good twenty minutes. Then I thought it on it for a few hours. I mean, as far as ease of changing settings and checking settings, VTR was right there, but it's HEAVY, something the SVD's not. BUT there were things I didn't like about the SVD, too. So I ended up going with the VTR, and just when I leave the house, if I don't have big enough pockets, I'm taking the MVP or the Winder with me instead of the VTR.

I DO like the shape (gotten used to the box mod shape now) and the firing button placement. Much better than thumb activated - especially after this surgery. Stupid me, surgery on my dominant thumb, and still using (most of the time) the same hand/thumb to fire the MVP hasn't exactly helped my recovery. I only remember to use my left hand for it when I actually THINK about it.

So, as I posted, my VTR came yesterday. So far, so good. I'm just having to get used to the fact that the rotational wheel means + going counterclockwise, which seems counter intuitive to me, as that, as you look at it, is going BACKWARDS.