Nicotine toxicity

Hello all, my new shishaa luxor arrived today with some 1.6% nicotine blueberry liquid and I have a few questions on its use. The device holds 1.6ml of the stuff and I was wondering how comparable the nicotine delivery is to actual cigarette smoking. I have nasty anxiety disorder and I find nicotine really helps prevent the panic attacks. However I also know that nicotine can be deadly if enough is consumed so I want to make sure my frequent vaping wont stray into dangerous territory.

Could anyone give me some advice on how frequently I could vape per sitting and over the course of a day and how I could get it comparable to cigarette smoking with the device I use?

I smoked Marlboro menthols but very rarely. I was more of a social smoker up until the anxiety attacks began happening, then I'd smoke more often late at night when the anxiety was more present.

Like a lot of people I'd smoke a 10 pack during a night out drinking but under normal circumstances I'd only average about 10 cigarettes a month, though 1 or 2 each night during the past month or so since the anxiety attacks became more frequent.

Then vaping 1.6 all day is probably not right for you. If you vape more than you smoked then I would drop it down to 1.2 or lower.

It's going to be little bit of trial and error. For me, I think the absorption of nicotine is a little less than regular smoking.

1.6 - 2.4 would be roughly equivalent to a full flavored cigarette. And that would be vaping 1 - 2 ml per day.

Measure how much you are vaping in a day by the ml. Pay attention to your symptoms and adjust accordingly would be my advice.

You can't really consume enough nic vaping to kill you because you would get sick long before you reached that point.

Thanks, yeah I'm not vaping all day, I'll just take a puff here and there. Was just wondering if draw-by-draw it's the same as smoking a cigarette so I could use that as a reference. I'm not at all worried about vaping enough to kill me since the lethal dose is at least 40mg, but I don't know how healthy my heart is (awaiting an appointment with a cardiologist to check for possible Marfan syndrome) so I just don't want to vape enough that it'll cause tachycardia, just to be on the safe side.

16mg per 1 ml

So about 25mg per tank.

But, that doesnt mean you are absorbing 25mg. Prob not even half that. Your are also not getting tars and CO2 ( carbon monoxide)

Edited by Bebop12

16mg per 1 ml CO2 So about 25mg per tank. But, that doesnt mean you are absorbing 25mg. Prob not even half that. Your are also not getting tars and CO2 ( carbon monoxide)
CO2 is carbon dioxide. Carbon monoxide is CO. Minor typo. You get the pointNor the Benzene paint stripper nor the Arsenic or the Carbon Monoxide and about 600 other toxic carcinogens. I chainvape frequently switching between 18mg and 11mg once in a while i get the nic jitters and i know to slow down Edited by VaporDragon77

Toxic level of nicotine is 60 - 100 ml, taken up in the space of up to 2 hours (that's how long it takes for nicotine to be metabolized), but there's a reason you almost never hear of someone dying of nicotine toxicity. It's high enough, it's almost impossible to get as an adult, unless you EAT a nicotine patch, or spill a whole bunch on yourself (it can be absorbed through the skin) or something like that. As a matter of fact, that's the only nicotine overdose deaths I've heard about - usually kids getting a hold of the previous day's patch and mouthing it, or a pet getting into it, something like that.

Ah, that's good to know.

I suppose what I really want to know though is what the nicotine delivery is when the average vape draw is compared to the average cigarette draw. As I said earlier I smoke to prevent or alleviate panic attacks around the time they happen most. I really want the calm satisfaction and headrush that comes with finishing a cigarette and be able to adjust my vaping habits to mimic smoking.

There are no definitive studies on this yet. From what I have read the consensus is that it is less than a normal cigarrette. But it is also true that different people have different rates of absorption. There is also some evidence that since there are no tars that it impacts the way it is absorbed.

I wish I could tell you more but there just isnt enough info out there yet. Also, there is a lot of FALSE info out there designed to build fear in vaping.

Again, even though the action of vaping mimics smoking, it is not smoking and so not a lot is known about the specifics you ask for other than testimony of those who have been vaping for years.

There are no definitive studies on this yet. From what I have read the consensus is that it is less than a normal cigarrette. But it is also true that different people have different rates of absorption. There is also some evidence that since there are no tars that it impacts the way it is absorbed.

I wish I could tell you more but there just isnt enough info out there yet. Also, there is a lot of FALSE info out there designed to build fear in vaping.

Again, even though the action of vaping mimics smoking, it is not smoking and so not a lot is known about the specifics you ask for other than testimony of those who have been vaping for years.

Just look at the, I think video or article that someone posted the other day. Forty percent of doctors in Britain thought that NICOTINE was the carcinogen found in cigarettes. I guess they don't read much research, since there are over 40 carcinogens found in cigarettes, but some of them aren't carcinogenic unless combusted - in other words, they have to be set on fire, as in smoking, in order to be carcinogenic.

Newer studies have pointed out that nicotine alone (as in vaping) is ABOUT on the level as caffeine is. There may be some cardiac issues involved, but they are already to comparative studies between analogs and vaping, and so far they've found that the cardiac blood vessels loose elasticity for a time after smoking an analog, whereas vaping the same amount of nicotine, no elasticity is lost.