New to this

ncutmore

Hi, thought I would say hi to everyone. Am looking for advice for helping me to quit smoking, have tried a few different e-cigarettes but did not think they were any good. Looking at getting a starter kit vaporizer and any advice or recommendations are appreciated. I am in the UK so not all units may be available.

I had the same experiances with the Logic and Blu ecig-alikes.

The Logic is a proprietary thread size so they are useless. The Blu cartomizers (cartridges with self contained coils and ejuice medium) are 510 threaded, so very usefull for refilling and emergency situations where you have no coils or wire to rebuild coils. I tried an eGo style 650 mAh battery and purchased three C4 Clearomiser tanks just to start. The vape shop i purchased from wasnt very knowledgeable however they were very friendly and had tester tanks and even let me use their battery to sample flavors until i found a few i enjoyed. The 650 mAh battery will give about 8 hrs of vape time, depending on your vapeing habits. Start out easy because just as with smoking you may cough and choke at first till you adjust. I suggest the eGos to anyone starting out because they are affordable and dependable as well as affective. I would suggest popping the extra five to seven dollars on the larger batteries for example the 1000 mAh or the 1100 mAh you will get a full two days before needing a recharge usually. These batteries come out of the package with only 40% or so charge. So whatever your mAh capacity is say 650 for example... the chargers usually put out 450 mA so about an hour and a half to two hours to charge a 650 mAh battery. A typical cigarette contains 1.5 to 1.8 mg of nicotine so i would suggest a similar or higher nic content to ward off the cravings. Its really all trial and error till you find what combinations you like and are effective for you

And welcome ncutmore! Any questions you have have been asked and answered. Many times over. But insyead of combing through threads. Simply ask and you shall have an answer. Remember there are no silly or stupid questions. So dont hesitate. I recently switched completely to vaping and ive never felt better. Ive vaped off and on for years and never really liked it till i tried an eGo style setup. Now within two weeks time ive spent the money i wojld normally have spent on cigarettes, on vape gear and still have money to spare. My initial setup was $42.76 and i broke even within the first week of vaping. Resist the urge to buy every shiny you may see and instead comb through youtube for Grimm Green, Phil Busardo, as well as Rip Trippers reviews. These guys give great reviews full of information and opinions that i trust. They are honest and dont give a good review simply because a product was given to them free. If it sux they tell it like it is. And alot of their product reviews are on products purchased and borrowed from others. They are VapeSaints and their advice is golden. Dont give up and you will do fine.

Thanks for the quick response, am about to search you tube for some reviews of the ego system. One system I was looking at was the pure vape, looks good and the review I have seen sounded promising.

I would shy away from the c-lips kit. Proprietary fit and 380mah will go fast

The ego-t kit looks better and will last plus you can add to it later

Just my .02

Thanks bebop, have gone for a ego t starter kit with 1100 mah battery. Then had loads of fun trying to decide what flavours I wanted. This is not easy being in the uk, when a majority of reviews seem to be for USA liquids. Anyway took the plunge for a brand called wiz mix. And went for: black currant burst, caramel kiss, life's a peach, banana drama and wizard leaf. Think I went for the names really but can't wait to start vamping and giving up a 20 year addiction. So T minus 5 days of lighting up left. May use this site to post updates on how I am going and if successful look for advice on moving up a level in the capping world.

Thanks bebop, have gone for a ego t starter kit with 1100 mah battery. Then had loads of fun trying to decide what flavours I wanted. This is not easy being in the uk, when a majority of reviews seem to be for USA liquids. Anyway took the plunge for a brand called wiz mix. And went for: black currant burst, caramel kiss, life's a peach, banana drama and wizard leaf. Think I went for the names really but can't wait to start vamping and giving up a 20 year addiction. So T minus 5 days of lighting up left. May use this site to post updates on how I am going and if successful look for advice on moving up a level in the capping world.

I'm in the UK too, what part you in ?

Glad to be able to help. We Yanks do seem to have a corner on the juice market lol. Would love to sample some UK juices. My Scottish/Irish heritage causes me to lean towards ale flavors. Would love a Harp flavor. And if i could find a juice version of Glennfidich that would be great! And like i said ask any question you may have the Den Fam will definately return a response

Live down in Southampton, would say on the sunny south coast but more like torrential rainy wet coast. VD77 will have a look around for you to see what is around.

Im up in North London finding an actual Vape store is a pain I tend to get everything online.