Convert Cartomizers & 510 T atty's for dripping

donmac

An fun thing I have found, is converting a used cartomizer or 510 T to use with a drip tip.

This works well with a cartomizer or 510 atty that doesn't work well any longer.

When you have some that have been cleaned multiple times and just don't work well anymore, try this.

For some reason even when they no longer work normally, they seem to work relatively well for dripping.

For the Joyetech 510 T attty, simply remove the tank and add a drip tip. If you take some nail polish remover, or 400 grit sandpaper, you can remove the exterior black paint flash coating in a matter of minutes, exposing a beautiful stainless steel finish. Six drops of liquid provides around 20 good size puffs. You'll be surprised at the amount of vapor this almost worn out atty provides.

With a cartomizer, Eversmoke, Blu or similar, carefully remove the cotton batting inside the cartridge with tweezers or a paperclip bent with a slight hook at the end, and add a drip tip. Peel off the exterior filter plastic covering, and remove the glue that was holding the cartridge covering on with whatever works, (alcohol, baby oil, glue-be-gone). Under that plastic covering is a beautiful stainless steel tube. Attach your drip tip and it works just fine. With the Eversmoke and similar, screw the cartomizer down relatively snug onto the battery to prevent leakage. If you put more than 6 drops in, you'll get some leakage at the seam where the battery attaches.

The Blu has a narrower barrel and a standard drip tip won't work. If you can't find one to fit, you can use the factory black tip or just leave it off altogether and go native. The cotton batting is also packed more tightly than others and is a little more difficult to remove. Once you get it started with the paperclip, a small needle nosed plier works fine to pull the balance of it out in one piece. The Blu atty doesn't seem to produce as much vapor as some of the others.

The other neat thing about this setup, is that with a small battery, it fits neatly inside you hand and is easy to conceal, when needed.

Have fun.

I might try this. I have a juice I'm DYING to try, but no open tanks to try it with. I do, however, have an empty V2 cartride! Since I didnt desprately suck on burning wick this time (my other V2 carts, I had nothing else and just vaped burning whatever is in there like a crazy person), the atty should be fine.

Edited by HelloMiakoda

That only works easy with horizontal coil cartomisers.Vertical coil cartomisers like Boge have the element embedded in the filler and usually you destroy the coil trying to get the filler out.