Electronic smoking device?!

HelloMiakoda

Why is everything in the news saying "electronic smoking devices"? Doesn't it have to produce smoke to be a smoking device? Camel orbs aren't "disolvable smoking devices", and Skoal isn't a "chewable smoke".

So why is my thing that produces no smoke a "smoking device"? MAYBE it'll smoke if I charge it really really wrongly.

It seems as stupid as calling my car a "terestrial flying device", or a plane an "arial driving device".

I better finish this post and get off of my electronic carrier pigeon, and get some stuff done.

A lot of other non-vapors have a problem wrapping their minds around the concept that it isn't smoking, even though vapor is being released. Vaping looks a lot like smoking, so we can't really attack their ignorance on their judgment. We can inform them and write letters to those who have claimed it to be a smoking device.

Even when I was vaping and talking to my friend about quitting smoking, she just kind of looked at me as if I was still "smoking" just a healthier compound.

As soon as the terminology changes as vaping grows, hopefully people will understand that it isn't smoking.

A lot of other non-vapors have a problem wrapping their minds around the concept that it isn't smoking, even though vapor is being released. Vaping looks a lot like smoking, so we can't really attack their ignorance on their judgment. We can inform them and write letters to those who have claimed it to be a smoking device.

Even when I was vaping and talking to my friend about quitting smoking, she just kind of looked at me as if I was still "smoking" just a healthier compound.

As soon as the terminology changes as vaping grows, hopefully people will understand that it isn't smoking.

Maybe I'm a FREAKIN GENIUS or something...

My first exposure to a vape, I noticed it didn't smell like smoke, it didn't stay in the air like smoke, and she didn't light it.

"Is it burning tobacco in there?"

"Nope, it's vapor"

"Ah, cool."

I also can't grasp how sucking on what looks like a giant pink pen "looks like smoking".

If people want to make assumptions like that, ban root beer for anyone under 21. It looks like drinking booze when it comes in glass!

Ban chewing gum, it looks like dipping!

Maybe I just pay attention more to what I see instead of just ignoring absolutely anything beyond a first glimpse in my parifreal (sp?) vision. Of course, I'm talking about the same general population that contains the geniuses that nearly let me pass out from a blood sugar crash because it looked like I was drunk, despite having not left their sight in 6 hours.

The government looks like greed and corruption... Oh, wait.

Edited by HelloMiakoda

Cigarettes and tobacco have such a social stigma, that anything that even looks close or has the word cigarette, nicotine or similar, causes people to go brain dead and attack it without any actual knowledge of what it is.

When my wife takes a shower, and steams up the bathroom mirror with water vapor, I don't question her about why is she smoking!

I find it interesting that vaporizers have been used for years to benefit and treat pulmonary conditions, but now all of a sudden they are demonized and evil. Go figure!