New to Vaping - Need some help please :)

joshtao

I recently just purchased the Magic Wand start kit for e-cigs (http://magicwandecig.com/) and I am having trouble cleaning it. I do not seem to be able to take apart the tank that holds the liquid all the way, and cannot get the left over juices out easily.

I watched some videos on youtube and someone said to just take off the mouth piece and battery and run the tank holding the liquid in warm water and then rinsing it with vodka or alcohol? Is is safe to do? What do you guys personally use? The opening is way too small for me to fit anything in it to clean it. And also is it okay for me to not even clean out the juices?

thanks so much in advance!

From the pictures in the webpage you linked to the clearomizer looks like a CE4 knock off. You shouldn't have a problem with taking it off the battery, take off the mouthpiece, run hot water into the tank and shake to clean the juices out. Then, if you want, fill with some vodka to further clean the flavor from the wick, rerinse in hot water, turn upside down and let it dry overnight. :)

I personally only clean out my tanks once a week, not after every use. Normally, there are multiple tanks that I have that hold certain flavors (ie. one for my tobacco, another for my sweets, ect) that tend to blend well with similar flavors in that category, so cleaning it completely out isn't needed every time I need to refill the tank.

Some people want to vape just one specific flavor and taste that full flavor to it's full capacity and that's when you'd clean the entire thing out using the above method.

For the most part, if I see my tank getting low, I just refill it. Sometimes I have a mix of flavors I like (like a tropical flavor mixed with my tobacco flavors) that I just cycle through. I start filling the clean tank with a mixture of the tobacco and tropical flavor, then as it gets low I alternate between filling with the tobacco or the tropical in a cycle.

Never really had much of an issue with doing so. It's all personal preference. I find cleaning out the tanks every single time I need to refill to be a hassle, so I suck it up with the flavor mix.

Just wondering from the picture, is this a type of tank that you can even switch out the coils? If not, I'm not so sure reusing different flavors would work so well, I mean, it doesn't in the CE4s, right?

CE4s are all one piece, the only thing that comes off is the mouth piece so changing flavors is very difficult but not impossible. Empty, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, dry, dry burn, refill with liquid and vape. CE5s have the removable coil so you can change those out. If I'm not mistaken, and it's been a loooong time since I've used a CE5, I believe you can change out the tank part of those as well but I can't remember for sure. :)

The "magic wand" thing looks like where I (and probably everyone else, too) started but eventually moved on. I would suggest getting yourself an EVOD type tank, or three, (it'll fit your battery) and I think you'll be much happier for quite a while. EVOD's draw smoother and easier than either the CE4 or 5, they clean easier and are more durable. Just change the heating element (coil) and keep on vapn'.