Question for somebody good at math...

Depends on where you live, and where you buy your cigarettes, and what type. For instance, I live in Illinois, but Missouri has about $10 cheaper cigarette taxes, so not only did we buy our analogs in Missouri, but at a discount smoke and liquor outlet, and we smoked class C cigarettes. We got a carton of analogs for just over $2 as long as we bought them buy the carton. If we bought them by the pack, they were $2 and something.

I was about a two pack a day smoker, sometimes more, sometimes less, and you can see by my sig line how many analogs I've avoided, and the paltry sum it's added up to. However, most of what I vape comes from one of my local B&M's, where $8 gets you 22 ml, and $16.99 gets you 50 ml.

Industry estimate is a 10ml bottle juice equals 5-7 packs, depending on juice, vaping processes etc

I can go thru 10ml in a day and a half, I would say that is poor estimate. But, I do chain vape and was only a 2 pack a day smoker. I would say a 10ml on averaged would only be equal to about 3 packs from my experience.

I can go thru 10ml in a day and a half, I would say that is poor estimate. But, I do chain vape and was only a 2 pack a day smoker. I would say a 10ml on averaged would only be equal to about 3 packs from my experience.

Depends on if you are measuring "how much you go through" as opposed to "how the nicotine consumption compares" vs a cost comparison. Too many variables to answer the question to any degree of certainty. The only truly correct answer is "It Depends" to anything other than cost, and even then cost is different in different areas. A carton of analogs here range from $35 for generic to $45 for name brand where in NY or CA I am sure it is nearly or more than twice that.

I would agree, Here $65 for name brand $49 for the absolute lowest Generic. Per Pack at my 2 packs a day $15, could get 30ml of juice for that....

I think most on here would be on the low side of that curve, where a average vaper would be on on target. I went to a b&m that told me a 10 held 10 packs!, and I told him he was FOS...

$15 I can get a 50ml from ECBLENDS everyday

Colorado cartons now 65.00 for American Spirits...

20 cigarettes in a pack for around $8 (mine were $7, and on the more expensive side).

$8 might get me somewhere around 15ml of fluid.

15ml of fluid lasts me about 5-6 days.

I smoked about 10-14 cigarettes in a day (hookah and cigars aren't really included, but those were also a huge portion of what I smoked),

So, theoretically, 60 cigarettes = 15ml of fluid, which would make 1ml of fluid = 4 cigarettes.

Let's say you get 15ml for $8, that is about 60 cigarettes, which would equal three packs.

**Numbers are rounded and estimated**

But that's my math.

You can figure it out for your own ratio by:

How many milliliters do you go through in a week?

How many packs did you go through in a week?

Packs of cigarettes have 20 cigarettes, so times that number by 20 to get the number of cigarettes you'd go through in a week.

Take that number and equal it to the number of ml you go through in a week.

Divide the number of cigarettes into the number of ml you go through in a week.

That number is now the ratio of how many cigarettes you "get" out of one ml.

Times that by how many milliliters you get out of $8 you spend, and you have your ratio.

20 cigarettes in a pack for around $8 (mine were $7, and on the more expensive side).

$8 might get me somewhere around 15ml of fluid.

15ml of fluid lasts me about 5-6 days.

I smoked about 10-14 cigarettes in a day (hookah and cigars aren't really included, but those were also a huge portion of what I smoked),

So, theoretically, 60 cigarettes = 15ml of fluid, which would make 1ml of fluid = 4 cigarettes.

Let's say you get 15ml for $8, that is about 60 cigarettes, which would equal three packs.

**Numbers are rounded and estimated**

But that's my math.

You can figure it out for your own ratio by:

How many milliliters do you go through in a week?

How many packs did you go through in a week?

Packs of cigarettes have 20 cigarettes, so times that number by 20 to get the number of cigarettes you'd go through in a week.

Take that number and equal it to the number of ml you go through in a week.

Divide the number of cigarettes into the number of ml you go through in a week.

That number is now the ratio of how many cigarettes you "get" out of one ml.

Times that by how many milliliters you get out of $8 you spend, and you have your ratio.

My Brain on Math plop.gif LOL

Judging by some posts... I could be doing better on juice prices.

Here in Ct, they tax the crap out of everything! Ive seen cigarettes just coins away from $10 a pack. Someone said they got there's at $2?! Wow!

I do know that when I smoked, I was spending enough to buy a new high end laptop and replace my phone every 2 years. I wasn't even a heavy smoker!

Judging by some posts... I could be doing better on juice prices.

Here in Ct, they tax the crap out of everything! Ive seen cigarettes just coins away from $10 a pack. Someone said they got there's at $2?! Wow!

I do know that when I smoked, I was spending enough to buy a new high end laptop and replace my phone every 2 years. I wasn't even a heavy smoker!

Like I said, that was bottom of barrel Class C cigarettes, purchased in Missouri, which has the lowest cigarette tax in at least four states (they get across the border business from every state they border on purchasing gas and cigarettes) and purchased at Dirt Cheap Cigarettes, Beer, and Liquor. Granted, they were GOOD class C cigarettes - the most popular non menthol the place sold, but still. And I came to prefer them over Marlboros, lol. You're familiar with GPC's? These were below GPC level. And Missouri has one of the lowest cigarette tax rates in the COUNTRY.

Like I said, that was bottom of barrel Class C cigarettes, purchased in Missouri, which has the lowest cigarette tax in at least four states (they get across the border business from every state they border on purchasing gas and cigarettes) and purchased at Dirt Cheap Cigarettes, Beer, and Liquor. Granted, they were GOOD class C cigarettes - the most popular non menthol the place sold, but still. And I came to prefer them over Marlboros, lol. You're familiar with GPC's? These were below GPC level. And Missouri has one of the lowest cigarette tax rates in the COUNTRY.

It's a miracle your alive after smoking that crap for that long...they put a lt of but£#^& in that level of analog. I guess I was lucky. I lived n Santa Fe NM for a few years in the 80s and got stuck on American Spirits when they were a fledgling startup. If you have to smoke stinkies I have to strongly suggest you use ASTC. No fillers or stems or bs chems, even pure organic, but pricey as hell anymore, and that's what brought me here!!

It's a miracle your alive after smoking that crap for that long...they put a lt of but£#^& in that level of analog. I guess I was lucky. I lived n Santa Fe NM for a few years in the 80s and got stuck on American Spirits when they were a fledgling startup. If you have to smoke stinkies I have to strongly suggest you use ASTC. No fillers or stems or bs chems, even pure organic, but pricey as hell anymore, and that's what brought me here!!

Actually, the Edgefields werepretty good, for analogs. But when we started vaping, we were finishing off the Edgefields, and by the end, we'd be hitting the vaporizers in between drags off the analogs, lol, since it tasted better. There is a reason why they were the most popular uber-generic they carried. I liked them.

I DID develop - I wouldn't call it a smoker's cough (okay, some mornings I def had a smoker's cough, but that isn't what I'm talking about) - I guess the last year or so, just out of the blue, I would have just one single cough. Never felt it coming on more than having just enough time (if that) to cover my mouth. Just out of the blue every once in a while. Talked to my doctor about it, as she'd seen it happen. She said it probably had more to do with the quality of the cigarettes I was smoking, but when your income is what ours was, you smoke what you have to. We actually made the switch while I was still working full time, I think. We had to switch off Marlboros when the feds hiked taxes, I'm thinking around '05, maybe earlier? Switched to Dorals (class B's). Then out of the blue, Dorals hiked their OWN prices up by $10. We smoked GPC's for a while, I think. Then, either there was another tax hike, or maybe that was when I lost my job.

Heck, I can't hardly remember half the schtuff that happened last week, much less back in 2007 and before. The only reason I can remember the year we moved into this house is we have a contract that was signed on something else entirely that was signed a year and two months to the day after we moved in here. MS + Fibromyalgia = piss poor memory.

Edited by spydre