To VV or VW...that is the question....

Aquatroy

Thanks to all who replied, I was hoping for a few more "pore leakers" to chime in, but they are probably out of pocket or on Turkey overload status. I haven't been happy with my "it's a personal preference" line and wanted a better explanation ie: selling point. I have been running all my devices on VW unless I can't find a happy spot, then revert to VV to figure it out. But wanted a reason that would make sense to most new APV buyers. It's sometimes a challenge to get them to make the jump..a average APV with charger and extra batts can be a good chunk of change....So here is what I derived from this query...

You set the wattage you like to vape at and your device adjusts the voltage for you no matter the resistance of atty that your using.

Another thing to remember is that coils dont maintain a consistent resistance throughout its life. I find that my coils resistance lessens over time. If you are using VW, the device will automatically adjust for the variations

Also on a Twist/Spinner you do not know the true resistance. I find most 1.8ohm Kanger coils read 2.0-2.1 and most 2.2s read 2.3-2.5. The inconsistency of the resistance on coils makes wattage even that much more appealing.

Some Vapers "feel" they get a stronger, more powerful vape, when set on VW, even tho techincally it's not the case

Bingo! Shoot, where did my autosaved reply go? Okay, the fact that considering resistance, it automatically adjusts the voltage no matter what is going on resistance wise - if the resistance is + or - the stated resistance on the package (and I've had some vary wildly, even when checked with a multimeter), adjusts for differences in resistance caused by the level of juice rising or falling in the tank (yes, had this happen, supposedly, fluid will alter the resistance in the coil), or the slight drop in resistance (I've generally gotten, well, sometimes, maybe a .2 ohm drop in resistance) around the time that the coil is going to die for good.

I do have to apologize, in a way. Thanksgiving stresses me out to no end, and I have an anxiety order to begin with. Since you posted this topic, I was generally in a stress induced haze, or last night, even a food induced partial coma(?).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. New to this party.

My battery can only adjust in half watt increments but it can adjust in 10th volt increments so I do both depending on what the resistance of the coil is. And I got a bunch of different tanks with different resistance coils.

Have you seen those charts that show what voltage and wattage should be based on resistance? There's a band of green down the middle which is the optimum starting point. The middle of the green band is "wattage = voltage squared divided by ohms".

If you have a VV / VW battery that includes an ohm meter and you know your way around a spreadsheet and you have a spreadsheet application on your smartphone (I know, a lot of ifs there huh?), enter your voltage in A1, resistance in B1 and the following formula in C1...

=(A1*A1)/B1

Any further adjustment from there should be slight, depending on personal taste.