IGO-W3 8 Coil Build Not Recommended!

8 coils are not going to work. Not sure now that I even want to try 6. At least not on the IGO-W3 as it is.

Not say that it is impossible mind you, just to dangerous with this unit. I just spent 4 hours building this with 8 coils, yes there is room on the deck if they are vertical. I used 30ga wire and the build was 4.3 ohms, :dizzy: I used 30 gauge because of the amount of wire connecting to the center post. With 8 wire legs at 30 gauge, it was not easy to get them connected, higher gauge would not have worked.

I couldn't spend 4 hours on this build and not give it test...

I took the time to make sure there were no shorts and no legs touching. I mounted it to my mechanical and hit the fire button. Had 1 hot leg and the coils didn't light up. After looking at again I found that leg had moved and was touching the leg of the coil next to it. I made a quick adjustment and hit the fire button again... It was a frigging Toaster! All 8 coils light up but, within milliseconds the center post turned gun steel gray from the heat it generated. I quickly let off the button fearing the center post rubber grommet would melt.

Sorry I do not have any pics, as I do not want to fire this that long and damage the unit or possibly my myself.

My next attempt will be 4 twisted coils.

Did you have any wick and juice in the RDA during the test firing? I would be curious to see how a 28g octo coil build with a cotton bed saturated in juice would perform. I have only seen pics so far of only the builds.

I could definitely see a dry fire melting the insulator with that many burning red coils. Lol. I will search for the pics when I am at my computer. You should join the group Juice Junkies Vapor if you have a Facebook account. They have new crazy builds being posted and shared daily. That is where I initially saw the IGO-W2 and W3 builds. I will post the pics here once I am able to find them.