Question about testing ohms

Drewet88

I currently have a lava tube V2 and when I screw in an atty it tells me the resistance of it. So far it seems pretty accurate I've only seen it off about .1 from what the atty said it should've been at that may have been the atty. To make a long story short I just ordered some silica wick and twine and will be attempting my first rebuild. Can I just screw my finished product into my lt and assume that the resistance reading is correct?

Sorry if this is a stupid question I just don't want to mess up my lt doing something stupid. It is currently my only vv device but I will be shopping around for something new soon since I seem to be the only person on the forum with only one pen.

I just bought a second pro tank because I realized I was the only one without a backup as well. Never thought about it breaking but if it did I would be pissed so backups are a good idea.

Thanks in advance

~Drew~

I see we're in the same boat I would think we should be able to use it that way but I just wanted to be safe and check. I can get my hands on a meter if I really needed to but I was just wondering if fthat would be a safe way of checking. I'll probably just play it safe, check with a voltmeter and then see if it matches what my lt reads. I still have to wait for the new wick and wire to get here so I have a little over a week of just watching youtubes etc.

Hi, as far as I know! as long as your mod has built in safety protection, you should be fine. The mod will fire the atty, to test the ohms/resistance and if there is a short in the atty chances are it won't fire at all. That's what I love about the Provari, it will show an error code.

I use both the MadVapes cartomizer ohm reader and the Provari. I didn't have much luck with my Vamo, but that was just me I'm sure.

It's always best to use the ohm reader, to make sure there are no hard shorts, but a good mod with safety features should be ok.

I have a Sigelei Zmax that has the same feature, but the only problem with using it for checking resistance is that you have to press the fire button to get a resistance reading, which hits the coil with current. An ohmmeter doesn't.

On mine I hit the + and - at the sane time like I'm going to lock it and it tells me ohms. I successfully just did my first coil. The only thing I did that messed me up for a sec, was wrapping the excess cotton wick around both posts, which was causing it to not fire, once I unwrapped the cotton a little it fired perfectly and tastes awesome!!

Nice. My order won't be shipped until tomorrow. When I tap the power on button (not the fire button) it tells me the ohms.

On mine I hit the + and - at the sane time like I'm going to lock it and it tells me ohms. I successfully just did my first coil. The only thing I did that messed me up for a sec, was wrapping the excess cotton wick around both posts, which was causing it to not fire, once I unwrapped the cotton a little it fired perfectly and tastes awesome!!

Congrats. Hopefully I do it correctly too. I only have 2 replacement left until I have to buy more unless my package comes. I'll probably just grab a 5 pack just in case. I'd hate to run out.

You're correct. The more wraps, the higher the resistance. The higher resistance coils work fantastically on the Vv type mods. Just gradually turn the volts up higher until the flavor sings for ya. ( or burns lol).

I highly recommend the cartomizer ohm reader for everybody, even for us safety mod users. They are invaluable.

• 3 weeks later...