EHit explodes

CDamron

Was just watching the news and a lady had a EHit charging and it exploded and caught fire in the OK City area. It was just aired on the Channel 4 news in our area. They haven't done a investigation yet and the company hasn't replied back yet. Was curious if anyone else has used this brand before?

The lady who this happened to said this was plugged into her computer charging. I'm new to vaping but thought this might be worth sharing.

Vapor cigarettes sold under the eHit brand are manufactured by Shenzhen Seego Technology Co. LTD, based out of Shenzhen, China

Dont charge your bats from your computer when purchasing cheap crap

She obviously didnt own a crab pot

Edited by Bebop12

I tried to find the link to the news story but KFOR news didn't find it as news worthy I guess. Maybe they are waiting for full investigation. I searched the site and only found a old story. Thanks for the information on this brand. I looked them up. As soon as I saw it tonight, that was the first thing I did. Made sure this wasn't the ones I was using. Don't know since I'm fairly new to gaping, but I'm sure as in all things that there is also room for user mistakes and misuse also. On the news program she actually said it was like a bomb going off and her walls even shook. I'm not real sure about that. I mean, I'm not a genius or anything but it showed her computer still in one piece. I'm assuming if that was the case, the computer probably would have been damaged a little more. It did burn the table it was sitting on though.

These stories will be exaggerated and made more sensational by the media. The "victim" will also tend to exaggerate the story.

I think it's important to understand that there is a risk involved with an e-cig product, but that risk is amplified by:

1) user error

2) lack of user education

3) user disregard

4) user negligence

5) user cheapskate

6) faulty equipment

I don't mean to make light of something potentially tragic. I'm just trying to emphasize its important to be smart about this and not go cheap where it matters most.

These stories will be exaggerated and made more sensational by the media. The "victim" will also tend to exaggerate the story.

I think it's important to understand that there is a risk involved with an e-cig product, but that risk is amplified by:

1) user error

2) lack of user education

3) user disregard

4) user negligence

5) user cheapskate

6) faulty equipment

I don't mean to make light of something potentially tragic. I'm just trying to emphasize its important to be smart about this and not go cheap where it matters most.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Both the exaggeration, and the probable cause.