Hello From Las Vegas! :)

Wyndsong

Decided to join in some vapor forums for more information about the "hobby". I recently started vaping with my boyfriend a few months ago. We decided not to smoke in our brand new car because we didn't want it smelling like smoke. We bought a couple of Ego starter kits, and have just started building our new habit from there. LOL!

Now we're working on actually quitting smoking. We were mostly using the vapors to substitute smoking where we couldn't... at work, the movie theater, etc. But now we see we're getting into it and several days in a row haven't even thought about smoking a cigarette much.... we usually 2/3 a pack a day each, and the last few days we've had less than 10 each. Saturday we had a total of 6 each! All because we were vaping instead of smoking.

Only problem I'm having now is one... I got REALLY dehydrated yesterday and got sick. Not drinking enough water, probably. And the other is today I can't taste any of the vapor flavors. From reading a few articles it sounds like it's because I'm not drinking enough water still. So, got to remember to drink water! Lotsa lotsa water!

Anyway, nice meeting everyone! :)

Oh yea, stats... I'm 41, been smoking for about 20 years. Started smoking clove cigs before regular ones. Still miss that clove cig taste! mmmm... can't seem to find a clove vapor flavor that tastes like those!

You need to change it up a bit during the day from one flavor to another. If you continually vape one flavor you won't be able to taste it after awhile. Once you change to a different one for a bit and then go back to your original flavor you should be able to taste it just fine... :)

Hiya and welcome.

Also remember in addition to drinking water, vaping too much on an empty stomach will give you the same feeling as smoking too much on an empty stomach. Nausea, heart burn/gastric reflux, possible dizziness. Found that out the hard way the first night.

But yeah, you are right about needing drink much more - my fluid intake now passes both of my sons, and possibly even hubby's.

Tam is right on about changing flavors a couple of times during the day. Also, if you vape a cinnamon based flavor, that can numb your taste buds even to food. Hubby said that "all vapers go through it, it's vapers tongue", but I've not had that happen, and I mix it up during the day since a week after we started (a month ago).

Also remember in addition to drinking water, vaping too much on an empty stomach will give you the same feeling as smoking too much on an empty stomach. Nausea, heart burn/gastric reflux, possible dizziness. Found that out the hard way the first night.

That condition might be dependent on the person. Everyone is different so what one person experiences, another won't. Like me. I vape heavily on an empty stomach every day and never have a problem -- doesn't matter if I'm vaping at 6 mg or 24 mg of nicotine. In the mornings all my stomach can handle is coffee. Black, hot, and lots of it. Can't even think about eating anything until way after 11 am. Vaping doesn't adversely affect me at all. :D