iTaste MVP V 2.0

After having just ditched my MVP v.1 because the plastic power button broke off and couldn't be re-attached successfully, (see thread ), I hope that's a metal button on there for all of you thinking of buying it. Mine didn't even last a year.

I really liked the shape and feel of the device, but it did have its downsides:

• The cutoff time was always too short for me, so I often had to give it a second click midway through vaping to prevent cutoff. (Which is probably what led to the button falling off!)
  • The stupid metal switch on the bottom made it very tipsy. This switch is for enabling you to go from vaping to using the MVP as a portable charger (which I never needed). The MVP was always falling over with the slightest vibration after I set it down. I mean, if you're going to make a rectangular-shaped device, don't ruin its built-in stability by putting a switch on the bottom that's not flush.
  • As previously mentioned in this thread, no eGo threading. My EVOD BCC's were unusable.
  • Triple-click on and off. This was irritating. It was very easy to click it three times accidentally while vaping (because the power button is flush to the body), which then wiped out the puff counter information. (The VV settings were retained though). The puff counter was my only reliable way of estimating how long the battery would last. Hope they changed it to a five-click on/off.
  • Battery level indicator. If the v.2 is the same as the v.1, it means that the light around the power button glows green when you've got power, yellow as power is getting low, and red when it's just about out of power. Most times I'd get yellow going to red after just 3 or 4 puffs, so it's not a very reliable indicator of remaining battery power. When the light is red, you've got 3 or 4 puffs before it shuts down on its own.

On the upside, at least they've added a variable wattage and an Ohm reader, the latter being very handy I've found.

Oh, and this is not me schilling for a company, but VaporSkinz has some really cool skins for these if you don't dig the colors. I had a very nerdy Doctor Who skin on mine that I loved.

I toyed with the V1 of these in a B&M store nearby. It was definitely a lovely device to hold. More solid than expected and well constructed to boot. But I wanted it to have VW as well so I passed on purchasing it. Glad that I did now as this version has what I wanted. When this comes out I will most definitely be getting one (hopefully before I come back from work in Nov).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines