Weird

This is a charger question probably answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it. Anyway my Vision Spinners 1300mah have been pretty much my exclusive battery for the last almost 4 months of this experience. I have 4 in rotation and they have always charged in 4.5-5 hours max. Today I came in to work at 10:00 and plugged mine in that died last night. It went till about 4pm and still wasn't charged, and I wanted my wife's new designer 650mah to be charged when I go home, so I unplugged it and let her battery charge. Well actually top off because they come partially charged. That took about an hour and I plugged my Spinner back in and it is still charging. Usually at about the 4 hour mark the power light on the battery goes off, and then about 30 minutes later the charger will go green. This Spinner has been charging now a total of 7.5 hours and the power light is still on. It is visually doing what it is supposed to. Blue light on battery is on, battery plug is flashing red to green, and all indications are it is working and charging but it has never taken anywhere near this long.

My first thought was the charger is bad, but if that were the case it would not have charged my wife's new battery, at least I wouldn't think it would. I have plenty of extra batteries and a few more chargers at home. I ordered 3 more backups and wall adapters today on a whim too. Any ideas what could be going on?

Maybe a dirty contact? Clean dry repeat....

Yea I tried that when I re-plugged it in and I will see if it works. There was no visible residue on either contact but maybe. By all appearances it is working though, and it charged the smaller battery before I cleaned it. If the contact was dirty would it still light up the power button on the battery and blink as though it is charging?

If it is not charged by the time I get off I will plug it into one of the ones I have at home and see if it is different there.

Is it possible for a charger to go bad but still be strong enough to charge a 650mah battery but not a 1300mah? Electronics is not my strong suit lol. I would think if it were bad it wouldn't charge anything. Just crazy as I approach 8 hours on the charger and never had any problems before.

Update: The power button light went off, meaning it is close to being fully charged. Maybe it was just a dirty contact not sure. I will know the next time and I am going to bring an extra charger to work. My OCD will not allow me to have two dead batteries at the same time haha

It's possible that the particular stick battery is nearing the end of it's life cycle.

No, its not. A good name brand battery should last around 300 charge cycles. With 4 in rotation with my Vision Spinners I have had for almost 4 months I would estimate a charge every 5th or 6th day so this battery should roughly be 10% into its life cycle.

Maybe a dirty contact? Clean dry repeat....

Winnar! Just plugged it in again after intentionally using the same battery until it was dead again, plugged in at 10am and just went green a little before 3. Some residual liquid had dried on the contact I guess. I must have forgotten to swab off the contact on the battery at some point before plugging it in.

Edited by bcartervol98

I had that happen to me ,except It was the charger connection . Not the battery itself . cleaned that and it was all aces!

Thats what mine was, it was the connection on the charger that needed cleaning. All is well now. I guess I needed 6 chargers anyway lol.