Weird Taste on particular e liquid

I got a bottle from a local store and the flavor is cherry limeade. It tastes amazing for the first few hits and then it starts to get a wood like taste almost and sometimes burnt. But then I take a break for awhile and it's fine but only for the first few hits. Any ideas?

I have a 2.4 ohm coil Im using in my Vivi Nova. Ive been using it for a few weeks. I measured the resistance today and its at 1.5 ohms. It appears the resistance drops over time. That may be what you're experiencing.

1000mah ego. That's interesting though, I've been using mine for 2 and a half weeks I think. The lower the ohms the more likely it is to cook my juice?

Yes, the lower the resistance the lower the voltage it can handle. A standard Ego 1000mah will run about 3.5 to 3.7 if I remember correctly and you should be good from 1.8 and up. 2.4ohms is a little heavy resistance for my taste at a standard batteries voltage output but that would not be causing your issue. If you have been using it for 2.5 weeks there is a VERY good chance its time for a new coil. It is very rare for me to get more than 2 weeks out of any bottom coil and I switch between 4-5 tanks on a regular basis. The one tank I use the most, probably 60-70% of the time, with my Strawberry Fields flavor in it rarely has a coil last more than a week and a half to two weeks.

Edited by bcartervol98

I prefer to vape at a lower voltage with the flavors I use so 2.2 and 1.8 is what I use mostly at 3.5-3.8v. I tried a 2.5 that came with a tank and it didn't get the same vapor and flavor. I had to turn up the voltage higher than I prefer.

Interesting. So this flavor must be more sensitive to getting too hot than my other ones? It is a different brand now that I think of it, because like I said before the other ones were fine. I also clean it out every day to change flavors (haven't bought an additional tank yet) and do a dry burn to get all the gunk off of it.

I had the same issue with a Bavarian Creme sample I tried. When I first tried it, I was tasting burnt something. So I switched the coil out again, thinking maybe when I had previously switch the coil, but dry burning the wicks I burnt them. Nope, still burned tasting. Tried rinsing out the Evod. Nope, still burnt tasting. Never could get past that burned taste to use even a full evod's worth of it. Wouldn't think you'd get that taste effect on Bavarian Creme, so I guess it was just a bad batch.

i am using the same coil in my kpt now for almost 6 weeks. i run through 2 tanks a day multiple flavor changes during the week and dry burn it about once a week. i prefer higher ohm coils myself, but then again im rarely below 3.8v. my sweet spot is normally 4-4.3v. you just have to try different setups and see what tickles your fancy.

This intrigues me. I'd like to get a variable voltage battery soon (I assume that's what you're talking about). What is a good one?

Vision Spinner 1300mah hands down. I have 4 of them and unless I am stealth vaping with my 400mah mini that's all I use.

In my case I believe it was the coil. Switched to 1.8 and it tastes fine. Which is kind of strange since I'd guess the 2.4 dropped to somewhere around 1.8 based on the length of use... I'll look into the vision spinner! Thanks!

I'm experiencing this again off and on with a new 1.8 coil. Should I get a new 2.4? Also I noticed 3 small cracks in my tank. You can't feel them on the outside but if you look close enough they are there. I also noticed some leaking. Would this be why? I'm guessing I need to buy a new tank.

I would buy several clearos to try if you are staying that route, but I highly suggest tring the Davide or Mini Davide by Anyvape. Discount Vapors has them the cheapest. They are glass so a little fragile but so far reviews have been stellar. They are all I use anymore.

I agree... you should try a bottom coil setup and see if that helps.

I think you are possibly having wicking issues with your vivi nova... which is common for those if you are vaping alot.

I much prefer the Davide by Anyvape as well... minus 1 or 2 of the 'flavor wicks' of course!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Would you mind elaborating on wicking issues? What does that mean exactly?

It means, and I am coming from my perspective, but to me it is when top wicking devices start to taste a little burned at a half a tank or less and having to swirl the liquid around to keep the top of the wicks wet. Some flavors are worse than others. I started this thread trying to figure out how to not have the burned taste in my favorite flavor. I figured out that by increasing the resistance of my coil from 2.2ohms to 2.5 ohms I have been able to eliminate the burned taste and still vape at a voltage that maximizes flavor and vapor production. Still I cannot say I can see myself using anything but glass going forward, the rest of mt T2s and T3S's are now backups lol. Gonna try my new KPT2 tonight and I hope it is as good as the Davide, I cannot see it possible to be any better.

I see. I was always at less than half a tank since I only vape about a ml a day and I like to switch flavors. I bought a t2 today though on my way home from work. I love it. Fixed the burned taste problem. My only complaint is the draw feels a little airy but the throat and lung hit are amazing. Also seems to produce more vapor. I'm currently using a 2.2 coil in it since it came with that.