Which batteries should I buy for my new Vamo V3?

Hi all,

My iTaste MVP's power button (MADE OF PLASTIC!) broke for the third time last night and I haven't been able to get it reattached so that I can fire the device. (I posted a thread over in "Help! It Broke!" with pictures if you have any ideas).

This was my first mod, believe it or not. But assuming I can't fix this thing (and it's true, I can still use it as a portable power device, thanks to the design) I decided to buy a Vamo V3 from Fasttech.com today. $48.39 for the complete kit, so even if I hate it, I'm not in too deep.

Even though I've been vaping over four years now, this will be my first tube-style mod. (I've always shied away from them because they look like, well, you know. Rhymes with "Fill-Dough"). I've never had to deal with loose batteries or a dedicated charger, so I'm kinda in the dark here.

The kit I purchased comes with two (2) 18350 batteries. No brand name is given. And, based on the specs from Fasttech regarding extension tubes, I can use the following battery combinations:

• Can work with 1pc 18650 battery or 1pc 18350 or 2pcs 18350 battey (2pcs 18350 batteries include)
  • The extension battery tube fit 1pcs 18350 battery
Note: Starting 7/8/2013, we're shipping the new version with 2*short extension tubes

*the misspellings are theirs, not mine.

So here are my questions:

1. I liked the long battery life of my iTaste MVP, which claimed to be 2600 mAh. Can I achieve anything near this with loose batteries in this tube mod? If so, which battery size/strength/brand should I buy?
  2. Isn't using two batteries stacked a recipe for disaster?
  3. I'm almost counting on the battery charger I receive with the kit being barely adequate. Which battery charger should I buy, considering I want to use the longest-life batteries possible, and to charge batteries of varying sizes/strengths? I want to have enough batteries so that I can keep using the device continuously.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If there's a thread or a pin covering all this already, please point me to it and accept my apologies.

This is just my opinion,alternate opinions or arguments are welcome (I like to learn :))

I prefer to use a single boosted batt over using stacked batts,not only for safety issues

but also for convenience.

The best performance rated 18650's I've heard of are the Panasonic but they are pricey

and sometimes hard to find.

I like the AW IMR 18650's for their safer chemistry and better handling of boosted power

for higher wattage vaping. They are easy to find in 2000mah rating for good long charge life

but be aware that it will take ~8 hours to fully charge.

There are other IMR batts available but AW has built a rep for good QC.

As for chargers the PILA(sp) brand have the best rep. but again are pricey.

A lot of us use the TrustFire TR-001 without issue and it has 2 independent charging channels

which can charge from 16340's up to 18650's with no probs. but will safely charge only 3.7 volt

styles of batts. ohms of the batt doesn't matter it will charge it correctly as long as it's the right voltage.

My batts typically read 4.12- 4.19 fresh off the charger.

HTH

Edited by joe2003

Now I'm researching 18650 batteries for my device (which has just shipped from Hong Kong today). Found the eFest IMR batteries on both Discount Vapers and Veteran Vaper's webstores, with good reviews.

Question: Button top or Flat top?

Just placed my order with the Veteran Vaper for two eFest 18650's (button tops), a Trustfire TR-001 charger, and a little plastic battery storage/transport case. Once the Vamo V3 arrives I should be set, thanks to all of you who chimed in with some advice. Thanks! If there's anything else you can think of, please let me know!

I bought the Nitecore I2 US battery charger and Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries for my vamo and they work great. Batteries last long and only a couple of hours to charge them. With both protection in the charger as well as these being protected batteries,the vamo with its safety features, this combo is the best on the market