Kanger EVOD shooting vape out air holes?

Brand new to vaping and just got the Vison Spinner 400mah VV paired with a Kanger EVOD. I bought two juices, a light colored lemony flavor and chocolate mint which is pretty dark. I do not know the pg/vg mix.

I started out using the light juice, vaped it basically all up, dumped out the small remaining amount, used a q-tip to remove as much remaining liquid from the tank, blotted the tiny wick ends as much as I could, and refilled with the dark.

I can't recall if it started doing this from the beginning of my vaping with the dark but at least at some point I noticed slightly more airy draws and a bit more gurgling, plus a little burn on my lips from juice.It doens't seem to be really leaking much at all, but that burn and sweetness on my lips obviously must be from juice. I am seeing vapor shoot out from the three air holes on the EVOD when I take quick draws and air pushes back into the chamber. I don't recall that happening on my first tank using the light juice. Is this normal or what did I possibly do wrong when putting the EVOD back together after adding the dark?

you probably need to unscrew it all and rescrew it back together .it could be cross threaded . or yo umay have over filled i t . I keep an eyedropper from walmart for that you can just remove a few drops when you need to .

when I change flavors I rinse everything out and blow out the bottom airhole in the coil .

thats all I got lol maybe someone else will have an idea or two shortly . try that for now because it definitely shouldnt be doing that LOL

I just cleaned and put everything back together and it still does it. Now the flavor doesn't taste nearly as good and slightly burnt taste. Possibly affects from the wicks still being a little wet inside? I did dry everything the best I could and dabbed the part of the wicks sticking out dry. So when you blow air back into the EVOD no vapor is supposed to come out of those holes?I wonder how much of this has to do with the dark, more syrupy chocolate mint juice? I'm not getting any leakage in the tip anymore is the only positive.

Edited by ElectrikRelaxation

My T3S, very similar to Evod, will not work with very much VG in the juice. I use 70-30 and it is fine but 50-50 wouldn't work for me. I do find myself going through coils a lot more than I thought I would. I will never have less than 5-10 spares on hand. Long wick top coil units like the T2 seem to last longer but replacement coils are about twice as much so it's a wash from a cost perspective and put up with the drawbacks inherent to bottom coil units because they perform so well.

In short sounds like you need to replace the coil and make sure your liquid isn't all VG or even a high percentage. If you washed your coil and it didn't dry completely you will get a burned taste. Personally I would replace the coil.

I just bought this yesterday... wish I knew right now what the ration of vg was but I can ask tomorrow. It at least tasted good all day up until i cleaned it so i guess the wetness of the wicks is the cause. What about the vapor through the air holes though? Can you and anyone else backup what Christie said, that this indeed should never happen? Also, what about removing one of the top wicks with darker liquids?

Edited by ElectrikRelaxation

Would a burnt coil have anything to do with vapor coming out of the air holes?

I guess it could if everything is clogged and jacked up ,I took out a coil that I vapped 100 percent vg in and it was burnt onto the coils themselves .but I did not have vape comming through the airholes I really think the threading is either off or you just put it together off .or didnt screw it back down enough But a tip is you dont want it too tight or youll neer get it bakc off again. Also make sure you didnt pop off any o rings they are clear on mine, and a ***** to see .

as far as the taste , you have to let the wicks soak a little more new fluid that you put back in , it takes a few puffs to vape away the water .

If it were me I would use a new coil and soak the old one in hot water or vodka over night then IN the morning rinse it really well and let it air dry for the day .you can look at it another day and see if it is really burnt .

Now wait a minute. I use only bottomed feeding tanks and ALL of my liquid is 100% VG and I have no issues. I think it may just be your base is screwed on badly and you have a bum coil.

I do sometimes as well ,and have no trouble now , but at first for whatever reason , I burnt the heck out of a new coil in 15 minutes with a 100 percent vg cherry I dont know if the flavor has anything to do with it or not but it happened ,I directed to look at better (cause im curious like that lol ) And it was bad .were talking creme bruee' bad .

I think it's a difference of do you chain vape a bcc with VG or not. Now that's relative term but if your not letting enough liquid pass through your wick and coil before you hit it again it will start to caramelize(not sure if its the correct term but it is the best one I have lol) on the coil itself. Once it starts that it will continue to build up on that slowly rendering the coil virtually useless.

i have a 100%vg juice and my kpt has no problems keeping up when i chain vape. andd by chain vape i mean i hit it so much and fast together that the entire tank heats up a good bit including the pyrex and still no issues.

Well I've done about all I can to repair it, even dry burned it. It vapes but it's not nearly as satisfying. Still would like to hear from anyone who has experienced vapes shooting out the air holes when you push air back into the chamber. I though for sure it must be a very common thing.

Btw, is it typical for people to save and store coil units that they use for particular blends of juices or certain viscosity types? Of the two ejuices I bought, I already know that one is going to be a favorite I come back to. It's called Sucker Punch made by my local store and everytime I hit it, it took me back to eating REAL lemonhead candies like they made back in the day. I would mind using the same coil unit with similar types of light fruity blends, but would rather switch to a different coil for the darker, deeper stuff to keep the flavors as true as possible. I can picture coming across all sorts of types of juice that I'd like to keep separate wicks for but not have twenty complete clearomizers sitting around. Separating and reusing for as long as the coils are good seems logical to me but only if it can be done sanitarily and have the wicks and coil still be fine. Is there a way to store used coil units for around a week without use and nothing turn out bad? Also, how long can you keep juice sitting around in tank safely?

I don't leave anything in my tanks longer then a few days. Even that's stretching it for me personally but yes you can save the coils. Just toss them in their own little ziplock Baggie and they should be fine. You will want to clean them like you did before you throw them in the bag but I have a few coils that are strictly for certain flavors. :)

I have let T2s sit for weeks full of liquid that I only occasionally vape and have never had an issue. I have a T3S full of Juicy Peach that I hadnt used since the first day I got the T3S's until yesterday. About 2 weeks I guess. It had no issue at all.

LOL I know, it's not that I'm trying to push air back through but if you take quick "primerish" types puffs you will get a small burst of air coming back out of your mouth and then you can see the vape burst through the air holes. I just wondered if it was normal for it to do so when that occurs because I couldn't recall it doing that before I changed liquids to the chocolate mint and dabbed the wick dry. Seems you are saying it is normal.