Kanger ProTank maintenance

So I've got two of these tanks, which are the only ones I've ever used. I'm totally happy with them, and am very interested in rebuilding the coils myself (planning on grabbing some wire & wick from sweet-vapes soon).

As I look at my growing collection of used heads, though - I'm wondering what I can be doing, if anything, to extend the "life" of the coils. I've recently changed from 2.2 to 1.8ohm, and I consistently vape at 4.0 - 4.2v. I recall the lady at my local shop telling me a new coil should last two weeks or more, but I start to notice the nasty "burnt" taste after a week at most.

I'm very diligent about cleaning the actual tank and the base, but what about the head? Is there anything I can do to clean or condition it before retiring it to the "rebuild queue"? I've seen mention of "trimming the wick", but I'm not sure if this is relative to a new wick, or something that can extend the life of an existing one.

I've taken a couple of them apart, so I'm familiar with the construction, but not sure if any of the components can be cleaned, maintained, etc.

Any thoughts?

you can always rewick them. I do it but with cotton. make sure you put the second wick on top of it though otherwise it will flood. lol. and before you actually pull the new wick through make sure you dry burn the coil bc it will get rid of the gunk and then rinse it back off and dry it by burning it for a second or two and then pull a wick through it. I can get a standard head to last me somewhere around a month with this before i ever have to rebuild it. :)

you can always rewick them. I do it but with cotton. make sure you put the second wick on top of it though otherwise it will flood. lol. and before you actually pull the new wick through make sure you dry burn the coil bc it will get rid of the gunk and then rinse it back off and dry it by burning it for a second or two and then pull a wick through it. I can get a standard head to last me somewhere around a month with this before i ever have to rebuild it. :)

Do you mean a new flavor wick on top of the one that the wire is coiled around?