Troubleshooting my Vamo Variable Watt/Volt APV

I recently upgraded from an eGo c-twist to a Vamo Variable Watt/Volt APV and I have a few questions about its operation. I found instructions online that explain how to adjust the Watts and Volts, check atomizer resistance, and battery level. I also found a spreadsheet that will tell you what voltage and wattage to use depending on atomizer resistance using the (V x V) / R = W formula. My problem is that my wattage and volt adjustments don't seem to stay where I set them. To be more clear, whichever setting I have selected it will remember, but anytime I switch between adjusting watts or volts, it defaults to 3.0. (Which is the lowest setting for watts or volts).

I've tried three different tanks with this mod:

The ego clearomizers that came with the mod (one measured in a 4.6 ohms, the other at 8.2 ohms)

A Kangertech Protank which measured in at 2.5ohms

An iSmoka mini BCC which measured in at 2.2 ohms

My kanger tank worked great on my ego twist, but with the vamo the ego clearomizers had the best results, I'd like to be able to get the right settings for my kanger on the new vamo, but everything I try comes out tasting burnt.

So my question is, do I have a faulty unit? Does it actually remember my setting and just change to the lowest when I switch functions? If anyone was experience with this mod, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Not sure on other mods, just got my Vamo v3 cpl weeks ago.

Try @ 4 volts an adjust.

If your using Version 2, make sure in settings that you are using no 2 ( RMS )

I'm not sure if your problem is related to mine but I'll let you know what happened with mine because I'm sure you'll run into it sooner or later.

I have a v2 vamo. I had only been using vision tanks and had never had a problem. Recently I got a Kanger pro tank and was having trouble getting the vamo to fire it. Here's my original thread.

N that thread proteus pointed me to the vamo center pin problems where the pin gets depressed and won't make a solid connection with the tank. That was happening to me. Sometimes the vamo would read the Kanger as 2.2 ohms and sometimes as high as 5 ohms. I was running the vamo in VW mode and burned out a couple of the Kanger coils pretty quickly.

Anyway, I fixed the center pin problem and no longer get the random ohm readings. Here's a really long thread with several ways you can fix it. This seems to be fairly common on the Vamo but it's an easy fix. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/375871-vamo-ohm-error-fix.html

i would say your center pin is probably a little out of wack. I would check it just like MACHOSTALLION said. Also another tip. If you want to run a 2.5 ohm protank i usually run mine about... 4.2-4.4 depending on the liquid. :)

And at 5 watts....