Hybrid Elite Mod by Rainbow Heaven

ummm, no thanks.

China is still trying to master the regular attys they clone, ... the hybrid is way out of their league. I imagine it's riddled with frustration.

For a few dollars more, you can pick up the iHybrid Pure by Faceless... He knows what he's doing. :)

For $45 its not a bad start towards an affordable hybrid!!! My finger has been on the trigger since I saw it a couple weeks ago.....

But, like Uma, I'm hesitant.....at least until I see a couple reviews. I'm also wary of the anodized aluminum, as some people have had problems with their Octopus caps bleeding the anodized color into the juice they were using. Though, that can be sanded down.....but it leaves the raw, porous metal exposed.

Rainbow Heaven seems to be the better quality stuff coming from China right now. Almost impossible to do group buys with. First question they ask when you contact a rep is what is your website/storefront we need to see it.

You know, I've been doin' a lot of thinkin' about this one, and I've come to the conclusion that with the simplistic design of Genesis rebuildables, it's really kinda hard to screw it up. I mean, you have a positive post with insulators, a threaded hole & screw for the negative connection, and a wick hole...how hard can it be?

As for the power section of a hybrid, there's no circuitry, so as long as the switch completes the loop, you're good.

Even wick hole placement doesn't matter much to me since I started connecting my leads in reverse (we'll call that "", since nobody's laid claim to that technique yet :yes ). My AGT has a top lead so long that The Flying Wallendas recently called me with hopes to set up a pay-per-view tightrope act to cross it without a net, but I've yet to have a hot spot, so even that's not an issue any more.

I think I may have to get me one of these el-cheapos because I can't really see how they could mess it up.

But then again, I did buy a Yugo when they first came out, too, sooooooo...

LOL, well, go for it guys! I'm sitting this thing out though.

I've seen hybrids on co-ops, same price, even cheaper, always epic fails so far. (doesn't mean they will always be epic fails, but until I hear of a success story, it's safe for me to assume they're epic failures).

If you hate the button, you're stuck with an atty you can't use pleasantly because of the dang cursed button.

If you love the button but hate the atty, you're stuck with an atty you despise just so you can use your button.

It's cheap enough to experiment with, to see how it goes. Have fun! Who knows, maybe it'll be the success story we've been waiting for.

but I wouldn't hold my breath. :D

If you hate the button, you're stuck with an atty you can't use pleasantly because of the dang cursed button.

If you love the button but hate the atty, you're stuck with an atty you despise just so you can use your button.

The way the button "feels" is about the only concern I have with this one. You're right about being stuck with an uncomfortable mod. I'm not worried about the atty section though, 'cause as I said earlier, I don't see how you can mess that up (unless it leaks like an RSST).

You know me...I'll probably get one regardless, :wallbash: and besides, how will you know if you want one if I stop "trailblazing"? :question:

In fact, that's how I'll justify buying another rig...I'm doin' it for Uma! :yes

Edited by Rixter

• 1 month later...

soo how is it?

I plan on doing a full review this weekend, but I can tell you now that it works as advertised, it's incredibly lightweight, and the only thing easier than pressing the fire button would be willing it on...it's that smooth.

I going to try it out for a few days to see if there are any unforeseen surprises in store for me, but if not, I see several of these (in various colors, of course) in my very near future.

I really cannot believe that this is a sub-$50 hybrid.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines