Steeping

I was going to buy a French Vanilla when I saw the following:

NOTE: This e-liquid contains alcohol based flavoring (ethyl alcohol). It may have a harsh throat hit or slight alcohol taste at first. After steeping with the cap off for 1 or more weeks you'll find the amazing flavor will come out nice and smooth. Do not judge this flavor until its steeped, it's an amazing flavor.

What is steeping?

It is the act of allowing noxious flavors to evaporate from some eliquids by letting them sit with the cap off.Some people like that sort of thing I suppose.

Edited by mcquinn

rant/

I have another opinion. Steeping is what you need to do when some sales people send you a product that isnt ready for sale but they send it anyway. I think if they sell vanilla it should be perfect when it leaves the store and gets to your door. When you open it the thing you say is "amazing" not OMG it reeks!

If you ever smell a juice that isnt ready for human consumption you will wonder "why did I buy this??" They will tell you to open it and let the nasty stuff go away. They will say it will get better. How about we say "you dont get paid if and until the promise is kept for what I bought?" Never will happen.

If you buy a burger it should be ready to eat. A new car should be road ready. You buy an airline ticket for a plane not tested and certified yet? No thank you!

/rant off

Edited by Thesheepdog

Hard for a juicemaker to make a profit if he has to make large batches just to steep ahead, but only sells half...it's kinda like a great wine that needs an hour to breathe, only juice takes time. Frustrating yes, but would rather steep than use months old juice, because the guy does large batches, and appreciate when I'm warned that steeping is required

Hard for a juicemaker to make a profit if he has to make large batches just to steep ahead, but only sells half...it's kinda like a great wine that needs an hour to breathe, only juice takes time. Frustrating yes, but would rather steep than use months old juice, because the guy does large batches, and appreciate when I'm warned that steeping is required

How many warn on the web site that if you buy this you cannot use it until...? I have never seen one yet. If they sell if cheaper and said that it is made fresh so it will require x amount of time to be the producy you thought you bought, that is above board and you make the decision to buy or not. I have found two from two companies and one from another that were actually ready to vape from the opening of the pkg. (total of 5 bottles. 2 from Halo, 2 from Greenman, and one from Nicquid)

Thats 5 products out of the maybe 20 I have bought. The rest were vile. Accidents happen I understand. They should make it right. But doing this as standard business? We should not accept that! If someone cannot make a profit providing good product they should not be in that business.

How many warn on the web site that if you buy this you cannot use it until...? I have never seen one yet. If they sell if cheaper and said that it is made fresh so it will require x amount of time to be the producy you thought you bought, that is above board and you make the decision to buy or not. I have found two from two companies and one from another that were actually ready to vape from the opening of the pkg. (total of 5 bottles. 2 from Halo, 2 from Greenman, and one from Nicquid)

Thats 5 products out of the maybe 20 I have bought. The rest were vile. Accidents happen I understand. They should make it right. But doing this as standard business? We should not accept that! If someone cannot make a profit providing good product they should not be in that business.

The juices I buy from EC Blends all require steeping. Some longer than others. When they ship the juice they also include a good sized flier with information about steeping. They also have a long FAQ on their web site with more information than most probably want.

I much prefer getting fresh juice that I steep myself than to get juice pre-steeped that I don't know how old it is when I get it. There's one vendor that many people here like a lot that I won't buy from anymore. Their juices are pre-steeped and most are pretty vile when I get them as they're not just "steeped", they're just plain OLD.

The juices I buy from EC Blends all require steeping. Some longer than others. When they ship the juice they also include a good sized flier with information about steeping. They also have a long FAQ on their web site with more information than most probably want.

I much prefer getting fresh juice that I steep myself than to get juice pre-steeped that I don't know how old it is when I get it. There's one vendor that many people here like a lot that I won't buy from anymore. Their juices are pre-steeped and most are pretty vile when I get them as they're not just "steeped", they're just plain OLD.

I dont have issues with companies who tell it all up front and I have purchased from ECB. In my case none of them ever made it to usable for me. Maybe thats just my tastes. My kvetch is the majority that say nothing or little about it at all. Especially if we tell them we are very new to the game. They should guess we need the nic. Why else get the stuff?

I rest my case. Actually some of it is pretty good and some not so good. A person just needs to try them all and decide what floats your boat. I would just not put all my eggs in one basket and run the risk of having nothing to vape until the mailperson delivers the next shipment.

I rest my case. Actually some of it is pretty good and some not so good. A person just needs to try them all and decide what floats your boat. I would just not put all my eggs in one basket and run the risk of having nothing to vape until the mailperson delivers the next shipment.

THIS!!