Getting a Coolness Without Menthol?

One of the best things about vaping for me is that I can enjoy certain fruits I love, but am allergic to. Strawberries and pineapple produce the worst reactions, and recently I've started developing the same reaction to watermelon....my favorite fruit EVER!!!!

I've had some good fruit flavors so far. But, now I'm starting to DIY the non-tobacco flavors, as I don't vape them much as I do the tobaccos. And, I really would like to recreate that coolness characteristic of real fruit. However.......

Menthol WILL land me in the ER!!!!!

Honestly, I'd rather risk eating the real thing over taking the risk of adding in menthol. Recently, I was looking for some liquid when I ran across a vendor who boasted on their page of creating a cool watermelon without using menthol, and it got me curious....

So, if anyone knows how to accomplish this, I'd be grateful to learn!!!

Edited by CascadianExotics

he is allergic to real fruits and like the fruit e-juice so he is looking for a way to get a cool menthol style hit out of it without menthol.

CE i have used Creme de Menthe in my fruit flavors to give them a kind of menthol/minty flavor. I will warn you be careful with it though because it likes to outshine everything in the mix. It's not a true menthol but it will give you a menthol like flavor.

other then that i dont know of anyway other then adding menthol to the mix :(

I would recommend you try Koolada, High desert carries it, It is also known as "W3" is used specifically to give that "cold" feeling at the back of the mouth.

Yes, Koolada would probably be the way to go.

• 3 months later...

Mix Flavorings

1 part Peppermint (example 1ml)

.50 part Spearmint (1/2ml)

.50 part Wintergreen (1/2ml)

to Unflavored E-Liquid (8ml)

To make 10ml

This is a base to start with and has worked well for me. As with any DIY flavor you can make it to your liking.

Edited by Compenstine

Sorry, but I really do not like mint. Probably should have put that in my original post.

Furthermore, I fail to see how mint would give off a cooling sensation on its own, let alone mixed with something else. Also, considering that this base makes up 20% of the mix, it cannot possibly taste good when mixed with something like watermelon or strawberry (ever brush your teeth, and take a drink of OJ?).

Koolada works wonders, though!!! Thanks for the suggestion, Krystal.

Sorry, but I really do not like mint. Probably should have put that in my original post.

Furthermore, I fail to see how mint would give off a cooling sensation on its own, let alone mixed with something else. Also, considering that this base makes up 20% of the mix, it cannot possibly taste good when mixed with something like watermelon or strawberry (ever brush your teeth, and take a drink of OJ?).

Koolada works wonders, though!!! Thanks for the suggestion, Krystal.

Not a problem, I'm not a big mint fan either. My wife was a menthol smoker it is meant to substitute Menthol

This is meant to be a base add it drop by drop to taste like you would any flavoring. You would be surprised what mint or mixing mints can do for creating a mild cooling. Ever take a swig of Mountain Dew after a peppermint candy? :dizzy:

Glad you found something that works for you that is what matters. :)

Edited by Compenstine

• 1 month later...