When is time to add more juice?

I have a Viva Nova and was under the impression that it was bad for it to let the juice drop under the elements so I always add more juice when it drops 1/4 of the way down. But I have been noticing that after a while of doing this my juice gets a dark color and tastes nasty. Should I be adding the juice in a different manner?

You can let it go further than that, I vape my Nova down to the bottom.When the liquid starts turning dark like that it is a buildup of what gets left behind when you vaporize the tasty stuff.Usually an indicator a new wick is soon called for.That stuff builds up on the element and wick in the area of the element and the liquid dissolves it after enough builds up.Some people try cleaning them to prolong the life but I have found that nothing really cleans them and a new wick assy. is not all that expensive and a fresh wick also has better vapor and flavor.

I like to re-fill my Nova (and other clearos) when they get down more than half but I sometimes vape them down to almost nothing. I sometimes think I will get the most flavor or just piece of mind that I won't get a dry hit if it is low. I tip my ecig sideways when it gets low to be sure that I get a good toot just to be safe. As for when the liquid takes on a dark color I'll just dump it out and re-fill. I rarely rinse it or clean it even when I change flavors except when I put on a new coil.

Umm... I'm a little different. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but my heads last me an avg. of 3 weeks so it doesn't really matter much to me when they're only $3 a pop.

The dark stuff left at the bottom... dump it before you refill. A rinse helps too but isn't entirely necessary as long as you have a manual battery that you can prime it with a few times before you take your first real vape from a full tank. That stuff always tastes way nasty if you try to vape it to the bottom.

If you don't have any build up though, you can safely vape until the wick starts going dry. You'll notice first that you're getting less vapor, this is the point you should stop at IMMEDIATELY to avoid burning the wick. If you keep going, the wick will start to burn and you'll taste it for sure. As long as the wick is sufficiently wet though, you can vape even if your tank is empty (though I wouldn't recommend going past the point of an empty tank unless you're really desperate and have no juice to refill it with or something).