Should my batteries take this long to charge? Trustfire TR001 and 18650

So, I got my ZMAX and also ordered a Efest 2000mah 18650 battery along with a Trustfire TR001 multifunction charger. Not doing my own digging on these products is of course hindsight, so I wanted to know if this is accurate.

My zmax starts reporting a low charge when the battery starts hitting 3.2v or so. I've let the battery sit on this charger for up to 8 hours and never get a green light. Is it true that, while the charger has 500mah as the output on the label, that this is split between the two charging ports, making it only 250mah to each battery that is charging, even if it is only charging one battery? If so, then I suspect it might take anywhere from 8-10 hours to get my 18650 to report 4.2v in the zmax?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Thanks for the reply. Next logical question is, whats a better charger? I know I got basically what I paid for, but most searches for 18650 chargers all seem to be similar devices.

My zmax starts reporting a low charge when the battery starts hitting 3.2v or so. I've let the battery sit on this charger for up to 8 hours and never get a green light. Is it true that, while the charger has 500mah as the output on the label, that this is split between the two charging ports, making it only 250mah to each battery that is charging, even if it is only charging one battery? If so, then I suspect it might take anywhere from 8-10 hours to get my 18650 to report 4.2v in the zmax?

It's a two channel charger.

Mine takes a while but it does in fact turn green.

It's also over 3 years old.

Pila IBC Charger is what I've been told, is the best, fastest charger out there. You get what you pay for..

Coincidentally, I ordered this exact charger on Friday. It's much more expensive, but it says it charges a full 650mah per charging port, so I will be very happy if that is the case as I would expect it to only be a few hours charge versus 10-11 hours my TrustFire takes.

Coincidentally, I ordered this exact charger on Friday. It's much more expensive, but it says it charges a full 650mah per charging port, so I will be very happy if that is the case as I would expect it to only be a few hours charge versus 10-11 hours my TrustFire takes.

Give us some feedback when you use the charger. On my wish list ......

.... but it says it charges a full 650mah per charging port, so I will be very happy if that is the case as I would expect it to only be a few hours charge versus 10-11 hours my TrustFire takes.

First off the amount of current a charger delivers will depend on the voltage of the cell. With the TF if 2 cells at < 3.6V are placed in it, it will infact provide 500mA to each at the start. As the voltage rises the current will fall off.

Take a look at this chart.

804li-ion-battery-life-Figure01.jpg

You'll note the full current is only available for a rather short time, <25% of the cycle. Also note that for the last half of the cycle the current is quite low as the cell is slowly pushed to full saturation.

• 1 month later...

I use a 510 device basically logs like a ego c. Think my battery is 1000mah-1300mah.if I run it for 300sq days straight of constant vaping it takes a minimum of 8 hours to fully charge.but my wifes slightly smaller battery only takes up to 4 hours.

I use a 510 device basically logs like a ego c. Think my battery is 1000mah-1300mah.if I run it for 300sq days straight of constant vaping it takes a minimum of 8 hours to fully charge.but my wifes slightly smaller battery only takes up to 4 hours.

Dam 8 hours? Thats an awful long time. My EgoT 1000mah take about 3.5 hours and my Vision Spinner 1300mah take 4.5-5 hours to fully charge.

• 7 months later...