Thinking of becoming a distributor, could use advice

JBab

Hey all,

I've been doing this 6 weeks now and it's been amazing. After 30 years I've quit smoking for the first time and don't miss it. I'm a web developer and have been thinking of setting up an online store to sell liquid and product. Problem I run into online is the descriptions are weak and it would be great if each product had videos tied to it. So I could use any help or advice to learn about tying an online store with a dropshipper. Once I have that I think I can get the ball rolling and create an online shop that is very user friendly for the beginners and seemless fo the experienced vapers.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, JBab

There so many online stores there is not much room for profit margin.Brick and mortar is where its at right now with the online to turn over product to keep it fresh.The only other advice is sell brand name products people can identify.All of us on the forums tell people to stay away from places that try to house brand things .

Stock good products, sell cheap, have plenty of capital, focus on customer service, get to know your buyers, dont do drop shipping, vape for at least a year before opening a store.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I've been doing this 6 weeks now and it's been amazing. After 30 years I've quit smoking for the first time and don't miss it. I'm a web developer and have been thinking of setting up an online store to sell liquid and product. Problem I run into online is the descriptions are weak and it would be great if each product had videos tied to it. So I could use any help or advice to learn about tying an online store with a dropshipper. Once I have that I think I can get the ball rolling and create an online shop that is very user friendly for the beginners and seemless fo the experienced vapers.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, JBab

Simple answer; Wait until the FEDS decide what they are going to do with us. This whole pop-cult could come down to a crashing halt in 2014 and buying stuff or even forums like this will vanish. I wouldn't invest ten cents into this right now, just save glops of cash and wait and see. If your not aware of the scrutiny the powers that be are putting this PV [Personal Vape] business through

then you are not ready to invest. Websites like this could even get take down orders as well, I know it sound bleek and gloom and doom but they want to tax e-juice as tobacco and classify the hardware as paraphernalia. I would be more apt to prepare but not launch a webpage on the Darknets such as TOR onion network first; but right now that is sort of moot. RJ reynolds is even trying to lobby for juice tax and hardware DIY outlawing accept for AFT FDA approved machining copyrights of e-cigs and guess who is going to make them? Ya Right RJ Reynolds themselves. If this happens these websites are in for a world of hurt. Pay attention to this.

The market is saturated and while it's not impossible to join in now, you're about 2 years behind the curve. If you have enough capital though and something new to bring to the table, there's always room for growth I suppose.

I highly advise against drop shipping. It never works out. (Speaking from experience) As has already been stated Brick and Mortar is very much where it is right now. It's a race to the top right now. The online marketplace is covered fairly well. Each vendor who joins the internet not only has to complete with every other vendor, but every vendor can ship anywhere in the country. Thus, competition is fierce. There are well over 1,000 vendors online that I'm aware of that currently fulfil the need. (All of who ship very quickly something difficult to do with drop ship methods) However, B&M stores compete locally and generally are limited to the local market (Which right now is a positive)

Best of luck!

I have thought about a brick and mortar in my city of 100k+ that has 0 except the cigar store at the mall selling trash 808 kits for $99. But like with my other business I am going to wait until I am more experience and legislation is still undecided. Sad too, cause I think I could do quite well with one here. Just can't afford to drop that kind of capital and could be **** down by the government any time or at the very least be taxed into oblivion.