ViVi Nova Questions

So I received my new Novas the other day and didn't get around to vaping them until yesterday.

I love it so far (stacked on my mVari). It vapes well and seems to make all of my juices taste even more amazing!

However, I have run into a problem. The one I'm currently using is running a 2.8 ohm head and only vapes well up to 4.2 volts. It's like night and day from 4.2 to 4.3. Delicious at 4.2 but once I bump it up another point, it produces the burnt paper taste.

I suppose I should have learned more about this stuff prior to purchasing my stick rather than learning on the go, huh?

I wonder if its the PG/VG balance? Could that possibly have anything to do with it?

And I'd also like to include that I have fallen in love with HighBrowVapor's Vanilla Bourbon Bean!

The QC on this stuff is not that great to say the least. It could be that the Ohm's on the atty is wrong, this has happened before. If you have a meter you can test it and see if it is in fact 2.8. Just a thought :cheers:

As Ron said, I've seen some coils that are off from what the manufacturer stated them to be. I'd give it some time to break in and then try raising the voltage a little. Also, I've had a few coils where the resistance measured correctly, but they just burned hot. I don't know how that's possible, but I know it's happened to me a few times.

Funny enough.....I just had this exact problem with my vivi nova....great at 4.2 and burnt taste at 4.3. When I went back to 4.2, worked and tasted fine. I've had this with 2 of them....I can live with 4.2.

I vape where flavor and juice production are the best, not where something i read, posted by someone with completely different gear and juice then me said i should. I am finding that everything in the vaping world is different. Even that bottle of your favorite juice you reordered is different then the bottle you just finished off. I got a box of Boge carto's the other day, tested em all on Vamo, everyone of them is a different resistance then what is stated on box.

I vape where flavor and juice production are the best, not where something i read, posted by someone with completely different gear and juice then me said i should. I am finding that everything in the vaping world is different. Even that bottle of your favorite juice you reordered is different then the bottle you just finished off. I got a box of Boge carto's the other day, tested em all on Vamo, everyone of them is a different resistance then what is stated on box.

I'm running the Vivi Nova w/ a 2.8 ohm atty right now. Also running it at around 4.1V-4.2V. Don't feel obligated to run at the highest wattage your atty can handle. Set it where you like it.

I have been vaping around 3.8 on my lavatube. My guess would be that the ohm is not exact (q.c. in china varies and it's no doubt if ohms are slightly off they just sell it anyways). I love variable voltages like provari/lavatube that allow you do change voltage by .1 because i wind up changing it with every atomizer.

Also quality of eLiquid can effect that. I prefer liquids with no diactyl or other chemicals. Are you using cheap liquid?

Edited by jeffb
spammy link removed

Well after more use it's seemed to kinda fix itself.
I did like it at 4.2 so i couldn't complain much. I was just curious as to why it would've done such a thing.

I find myself bouncing between 4.2 and 4.4, now. It depends on which of my juices I'm using.

As far as I know I'm not using cheap liquid. But what do I know? The whole reason I decided to come here was to learn. :)

The only two juices I've run through that particular tank are my HighBrowVapor- Vanilla Bourbon Bean and my Copper Creek- Voo's Broo.

I also have seen various ohm readings in different clearomizers, cartos etc that are all supposed to be the same, Using the wattage setting might actually help in these cases because it should attempt to maintain the desired current output as long as its only subtle differences in the resistances. I believe this to be the advantage of using wattage over the voltage setting on your mods, giving you a little better control but thats a whole other topic :)

PG and VG ratio will always make a difference but once you settle on a ratio its a constant and should be something you can adjust for.

I'm glad you got it vaping to your liking! Sometimes new tanks need a little bit of time to break in per say. Usually good after a tank or two. Now that i think about after using my Mini Nova yesterday its a bit picky with wattage as well. its 1.8Ω and runs like a champ at 6-7watts if i go above that it starts getting the dry burnt taste. I believe thats more of a wicking issue tho. I find myself using my carto tanks, IClear 30 and Kanger Evod's more and more tho. I got a Protank in the mail too!