RSST

Uma

The RSST is the latest clone, has anyone tried it yet? It is a copy of the AC9, except of course, it's cheaper materials. (and not as safe or long lasting I would assume). So far, I've heard that they're not good for the avg chain vaper, because the cap is thin and overheats quickly. But for the non-chain vaper, they should be adequate I would think.

It's pretty costly, around 40 bucks, unless bought from a coop, for a disposable China genny, but if we like how it sets up, tastes, and what not, then journeying into the better quality original AC9 will be a confident journey I would imagine.

It's worth keeping an eye on, over the months ahead, keeping track of the updates for it.

Dontcha just hate it when something is touted as fantastic, but later discover all the kinks, quirks, flaws and even epic fails.

If it were 15 bucks, I'd give this a try. But 40? Shoot, that's halfway to a true SS original genuine modders atty.

I'm rambling here, but those are my thoughts so far. What are yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Phil just uploaded his review of the RSST and gives it a street shout out.

The downside of these? No replacement parts available as of yet. (but ... that can change like the weather or it can stay a drought, only time will tell).

Enjoy! Oh, and check out that beautiful wrap! Way to go Phil!!

Ya i think i'm gonna grab one as my first RBA Tank. I have the IGO-l to play around with as well. Currently waiting on Wick n wire as well as my Vamo! Almost foolproof this one is.Not many variables to worry about other then your coil.

Right on! I know Phil and Scott (Igetcha69) think highly of them, and I am so tempted to get one too. I'm hoping the vendors will be able to get us the spare tanks for them first. Knowing me, I'll crack my one-n-only first thing, without thinking. (I'm spoiled with my SS tanks, don't ever have to worry about cinnamon, clove, citrus,).

Be sure to let us know how you get on with them! and let us know when/which Vendors carry the spare tanks for them.

Sweet! I did a little bit more digging and discovered that extra tanks can be bought in the coops for the RSST. This is great news! The Vendors surely will be buying up extras too. ::nudge nudge::

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think the thinner cap is a plus, I don't use metal DTs so I've no problem with heat.

As far as price or parts you can get almost 4 of them for the price of one AC9. The newest ones have also gone to a polypropylene tank.

The AC9 I would assume is still using PMMA, AKA plexiglass/acrylic.

Edited by WillBlack

Great points Will!

Rixter!! You got yours!!. How are you liking it??

(I'm not receiving notifications to threads again grrr).

I love it. It's every bit as good as my AGA-T2, but with a few nice extras, like an insulated wick hole & spring-loaded hot post capture. It's been performing beautifully.

Long time no see. Life has been a little chaotic these last few months. Between work and a new baby I've been going 10 different directions at all times. I've posted very few times since mid Feb. I apologize and hope to be back to the normal now...maybe.

Anyway, I picked up the RSST about a month and a half ago. Works well, looks great. I'm not a fan of the spring. I've been loving it overall though. To me it looks a lot better than my aga-t2. It also isn't as heavy which is a plus. Definitely get it Uma. You should easily enjoy it. I'm still on my first coil. I don't even remember the ohms it's been so long lol. 10watts on my stinger works like a champ. Glad to be back!

Happy vaping.

Oh btw, hit my one year on Mar 15...lol pretty wild.

!!!!!~Congrats MSE~!!!!! That's a lot of wonderful things to celebrate, I'm so happy for you!!

You've been greatly missed here I hope you know. Now I feel selfish for all the foot tapping I've been doing while waiting for you show up again. (honest!).

You can bet I'll get one or two of these now. I'm so glad you're liking it! I think this one might be a good one to stash away for IRL newbies who are short on atties during the apocalypse. (and of course, for me to play with too).

Aren't they amazing Danpio! I'm going to change one of mine out this week to attempt the new SS cable method. Looks and sounds so easy to do. It's good to hear your update, I'm so glad you're enjoying it still, like I am.

Speaking of wick and wire, the Mesh Company has now a dedicated website just for us Vapers!!! This will make it so much easier to pick out the right stuff, plus to shop all in one place. If you mention you're a forum member, you'll get a lifetime discount too. :)

Here's the new FOR VAPERS site: http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/index.html

Congrats to MSE on his one year!!! And, thanks for the link, Uma!! I just picked up a RSST to go on my new mod, but still need to get mesh and wire. Does anyone have links to a spare tank, o-rings, and other misc. RSST parts?? Honestly, I'm not a fan of the opaque polycarbonate tank it comes with...but, the ease of use was the selling point, so I cannot complain too much.

Check for supplies at Stormy's Cellar, Discount Vapers, Hoosiers, and so forth. I hope you find what you're looking for! That's the biggest problems with the china stuff, finding bits and pieces needed. Be sure to post a link ... oh, better yet, start a Thread here in the RBA section called "Spare Parts" or something and we can post our finds there. :)

Dan! You bet I will!

It's had it's boil bath, and is air drying as I type. I'll torch it to remove the excess moisture and particles, and ... get back to ya!

P.S. That mesh will come in handy even for the Cable wick. (we make a shirt collar with it, to assure no air gaps under the coil).

And for tried and true wicks.

But yeh, me too, looking at 2 huge sheets stashed away in the suitcase. oy! But, it was money well spent, because it will be there when we need it and we might need it sooner and oftener than we realize. Fads are fads...

Everyone loves the flat ribbon wire. I finally got around to trying mine for the first time. It's been sitting around for a few months now, waiting for me to get off my lazy duff. I usually build my rbas on my old LT, but this time I decided to use my SS Vamo. Another item I've had sitting around for a few months now too, only using once in awhile to check battery status or ohms.

I didn't do so well. I spent hours trying to get the Vamo to de "lo" itself, but nada. I couldn't even pulsate the mod, without having to wait 10 seconds between pulses. :rolleyes: It wasn't until I finally broke down at got my big arse mod BAM out that everything fell into place. And WOW, it's really nice!!! I'm vaping chocolate mint and it sings.

Do I recommend it? YOU BETCHA!!!!

Will I do it again? Oh yeh!!! Just not on my Vamo!

This morning I ran across a thread by someone else experiencing similar problems with their rba on their vamo.

So, heads up. If you can't get it working, change out your mod until you find one that does. It's not the wire/cable/mesh, it's the stoopid mod and dimwit user. :)

I'll try again on another rba on another mod later this week when I can. I'm pretty sure it will go much smoother. :)

It wouldn't even give me ohms... just "lo" and nothing. Just an hour ago, I discovered that there is a common problem with vamos. The 510 connector needs to be raised, to make a connection. I should have realized that from my past mods that had similar problems now and then (the Silver Bullet I think). It now reads the OHMS (2.2) and fires like a charm.

Edited by Uma

• 2 weeks later...

Sweeeeet!!! Those coils are lookin' good.!! When you're hot you're hot. :)

LOL, I feel the excitement in your post too. It takes me back to my first coil and wick & how it felt to make something so foreign to me come to life. I love it. There's no feeling that can compete with self-reliance of our vaping. :)

Thanks Uma!!! You're right, there is no better feeling than that of self-reliance.....except for the feeling you get when having to reduce your nic level because your new Genny setup kicks like a horse. :lol: Though, the only 6mg liquid I have is a different flavor...and I don't wanna tear down my build because its been working so good!!! :(