Batteries, batteries, batteries...

I've got a few battery questions. And, questions that I've come up with when looking up which battery I should get. My set up has been ego batts, started with 650 currently have ego c 1000, lr atty, standard cone, and metal drip tip that I've had for so long, I don't even remember where I ordered it from. I was having intermittent trouble with the biggest batteries and ordered the ego t mod. I don't like it. The draw is too tight, the button is hard to find and leaves indentations on whatever finger (or thumb) I press it with, not enough vapor, and the vapor isn't as hot as with a regular ego batt. So, I've switched back to my wonky 1000's (may actually be 1100mah) that I have to mess with to get to charge.

Another issue I've had is that I ordered clearomizer's a while back that I haven't been able to use. I vape almost exclusively menthol, and didn't realize that clearo's don't like menthol. So, after a few days of researching, I ordered 2 spinners. I'm hoping that will resolve all issues.

The questions that I have are 1) if I were to get a vv that would fit the batts and charger that I have from the Ego mod, what would anyone recommend? 2) what is the difference between the ego cone vs a drip shield? Would that, maybe, make a difference in how tight the draw is? (I'm thinking I could maybe salvage the ego mod if I found the right set up for it.)

On a different note, Wow how the vaping world has changed in the last year or so! I think I'm coming up on 3 years smoke free, and have just popped in from time to time. In that 3 years, I've converted my best friend, her mom and aunts, another friend has even quit not only smoking, but is no longer even vaping! and, just a few weeks ago, I bought our renter her own ego kit, and may have a few more converts in the making! Lots more curious interest from tons of people. It's neat to see how the forum and all of the vaping supplies have changed and grown!

1) if I were to get a vv that would fit the batts and charger that I have from the Ego mod, what would anyone recommend?

The charger and all of my clearomizers, atomizers, etc. for my eGo 650 pass throughs all work for the Vision Spinners, which are variable voltage. The clearomizers include the Kangor T2, T3, MT3, Vision Nano, Vision Stardust, Vivi Nova Mini as well as 510 cartomizers and atomizers.

2) what is the difference between the ego cone vs a drip shield? Would that, maybe, make a difference in how tight the draw is? (I'm thinking I could maybe salvage the ego mod if I found the right set up for it.)

An eGo cone doesn't have the O-rings inside to keep it from leaking. It also lacks the air holes (anywhere from two to four) to prevent a hard draw. If you're going to get a drip shield for your eGo batteries I highly recommend Empire Mods and the ones that say "eGo" in the name/description. Although there are many that will "fit", only the ones with "eGo" in the name cover the battery threads so they don't show. :)

On the first question, I guess I should make that a bit more clear. Lol. I would want to use the 18650 battery from the ego mod in a Different device, just not real clear on which ones are compatible. A thought I had before I ordered the Spinners was that I could get a vv that those batteries would fit. (Since I already have the batts and charger) Did that make more sense?

The Spinners are not a "mod" type of battery so the 18650 batteries wouldn't be compatible, if I understand what you're saying correctly. Others here who are more experienced with various mods will be able to give you more information on what other brands would take that type of battery.

Here's the deal... I will be all set once my Spinners come in. They are not in any way related to my ego t mod question. I'm only asking because I still have 2 full set ups of ego mod that aren't being used. And, I'm sure once I use vv, I'm really not going to want to use them. Thanks for the clarification with the drip shield, though!

I thought I saw someone try a different head/control unit that fit the ego mod tube.

Edit to say... That sounds snotty! Lol, my intent is to clarify, not sound rude. Sorry! :)

Edited by TheBeckster

Sorry that I kept missing the mark! I should step away from the keyboard while I'm behind. Lol. I do agree that once you try the Spinners you'll be very happy with them. :)

I do have a question about your menthol comment. Why do you say that clearos don't like menthol? Just curious.

I bought these a few months ago (except mine are 2.1-2.4 lr, which I don't see there anymore)

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/parts-accessories/ego-parts/ego-cartomizers/vision-ego-clearomizer-v3-long-wicks-aka-ce4-or-stardust/

They've tasted burnt every time I've tried them. I've let them sit, rolled them around, taken dry hits, blown thru them...you name it, I've tried it! I read somewhere later that menthol burns easily in them. Idk. I've given them another shot yesterday, and they seem to be behaving. I just can't chain vape them. :( lol

Aaahhh, when you chain vape with those it seems like the wicks can't absorb the liquid quickly enough. At least that's been my experience. I'd suggest you try a bottom feeder like the Vision Nano, T3 or MT3. Those seem to eliminate the dry hits because the wick is on the bottom and is always saturated.

Thanks! This morning I placed an order thru Empire mods for 2 drip shields. :)

I've exclusively direct dripped for 3 years on lr attys. Its crazy how much new stuff is out there! I've also got a Kangor EVOD on the way with the Spinners...should be here either today or tomorrow.

When you get the drip shields I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and if you like them or not. New stuff seems to be coming out every day. The members of VT help to keep up with it all. So far I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not. lol :D

I love the EVOD! I had given up on carts and tanks a while ago. Direct dripping spoiled any kind of attempt at "easier!" Lol. Not sure if it would behave the same on a regular batt, though. I have it on the Spinner set at 4.3. The only downside I've noticed is that it's a juice hog...or maybe it's just small (?) I would definately buy again and recommend.

The drip shield is doing its job, too. I don't notice any difference in th draw, but it is keeping the juice from leaking. Although, I never really had leaking issues with the egos. Maybe the occasional seepage from the bottom edge of the cone, but nothing like the 510's! I have the regular cone shaped purple shield (around $6, I think) and I got the black empire mod newer one (around $12 or $13) with the ridges. I think I like the black one a bit better...I don't know why. Lol! It's weird, my only complaint is silly. It shouldn't make any difference, but it makes the strangest most irratating sound when you take a hit with either of the shields on! It's almost like when my kids (or me even) have a stuffy/snotty nose. Especially when you first drip, the first second or two of the draw, until you burn off some of the juice. Maybe I should drop a drip or two less! Lol. I feel like if I use this around anyone, they'll start handing me tissues and yelling at me to blow my nose!