looking for suggestions for menthol/mint flavors..Dekang?

GaGa

so ive tested and tried many different liquids i ordered from awesomevapor.com and i have to say, i only think i like mint flavors. im also concerned about what is really used to get that artificial flavoring of desserts and foods that im inhaling into my lungs and body. i think at this point logically that menthol and mint based flavors are the easiest to make naturally, since mint is a natural substance. so im thinking of trying Dekang menthol, since ive heard dekang is a pretty solid brand. im looking into options so can anyone give opinions on Dekang? especially the minty and menthol flavors they make, and where i can purchase them? it seems some sites have lower prices but i feel that it is not TRUE dekang liquid. is that possible? how can i spot the real dekang from a generic dekang imitation just from the site? and what other brand names are there for high quality juices because i saw other posts about health cabin as well. what makes dekang so special anyways? from the time i have found to research it seems dekang liquid is manufactured from Boge themselves, can you help elaborate on that?

Dekang liquid usually goes for $4.00 to $5.00 for 10ml.Awesome Vapors sells some Dekang and some Hangsen but they label it Awesomevapor so you don't know which ones are which.They will tell tyou if you ask ,nothing to hide and super nice folks.As far as menthol goes I like to mix a little in with a good tobacco for a more realistic taste.Dekang liquids have YNDK empossed on the skirt of the lid as a rule.MadVapes,LitecigUSA and Ecigbestsave is where I get my Dekang liquids from.It is not particularly special but it is very consistant ,value priced ,doesn't gunk up my equipment and I like the way it tastes.There are some very good domestic liquids out there but i always seem to gravitate back.VaporTalk liquid is Dekang but they are special blends you can only get from them ,and worth it for a treat now and then.

Yes, this is possible that you have not gotten TRUE dekang liquid. I have tried dekang ejuice which is naturally mined from top quality tobacco leaves. It includes no chemical mixture but USP grade essentials. Before purchasing be aware that it may include nicotine and minors should not use these products.

I know that 'taste is very subjective' and all... but I have discovered many juices that I like a whole lot better than Dekang. These guys have some really great fruity/menthol juices in their lineup... and excellent prices as well! I'm a huge fan of their 'Solar Flare' liquid. I order it by the 50ml bottle!

http://www.mtbakervapor.com

Edited by DAYVAPE

Don't be concerned about all the different artificial flavors. My opinion is that inhaling a flavor that is natural or artificial makes little or no difference. The lungs are not designed to digest food and it doesn't really matter what is natural or not just as long as it is not carcinogenic. Some of the best flavors for e-liquid contain the same flavors used in food and in medicine and many are artificial flavorings.

@dayvape hey I ended up ordering from my baker vapors, they have a twitter, and while they may not have many followers it makes me feel better. It is made in the USA which is if course a plus. They were reasonably priced as well as you had said. I ordered :

1 x Extreme Ice E Juice Baker Vapor

(Nicotine Strength: 18 mg/ml (Medium), Blend: PG 80% VG 20% , Bottle Size: 30 ml + $2.5, Extra Flavoring Shot (.25 cents per shot): 0)

1 x Pink Ice E Juice Baker Vapor

(Nicotine Strength: 18 mg/ml (Medium), Blend: PG 65% VG 35%, Bottle Size: 15 ml, Extra Flavoring Shot (.25 cents per shot): 0)

The extreme ice had over 100 reviews and was rated 5 stars! I mean you can't really argue with that, hopefully it is a great product as I'm hoping it will be. The pink ice was something I wanted to try, it seemed unique while still having the menthol I was looking for. So thank you for the info. I tried Awesome Vapors and I won't bash it as everyone has different tastes but I did not enjoy the sample pack all that much, I actually got SICK to my stomache because of the Red Energy Drink flavor, it tasted like cherry cough medicine. Hopefully I wil feel better about my baker. I was going to try the solar flare flavor but I just wanted to try menthol for now because I find I just like mint more, especially after I eat, i just don't like being stuffed from a meal and then vaping a food flavor lol. Ill update here on my experience or wrote a new post or review.

• 3 weeks later...

Eliquid Market only carries Dekang eliquid and they are the lowest price I've seen. A friend of mine told me about them a couple of months ago. They carry like 25 flavors. I use to buy from Valley Vapors, because they only carry Dekang however their price is lot higher than Eliquid Markets.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a menthol smoker for 33 years. I have purchased a lot of menthols in the past week and testing. Right now, my favorite is Jeff's menthol mix (wordupecig.com). I have a dekang coming, so I cant comment on that. Also, oddly, I have been hooked on this mix of menthol and cinnamon - http://altsmoke.com/altliquid/mentheliquid/sinthol.html . I cant seem to get enough. I'm not even a cinnamon guy. It's like this sweet inhale, and a menthol exhale. I cant describe it.

@dayvape hey I ended up ordering from my baker vapors, they have a twitter, and while they may not have many followers it makes me feel better. It is made in the USA which is if course a plus. They were reasonably priced as well as you had said. I ordered :

1 x Extreme Ice E Juice Baker Vapor

(Nicotine Strength: 18 mg/ml (Medium), Blend: PG 80% VG 20% , Bottle Size: 30 ml + $2.5, Extra Flavoring Shot (.25 cents per shot): 0)

1 x Pink Ice E Juice Baker Vapor

(Nicotine Strength: 18 mg/ml (Medium), Blend: PG 65% VG 35%, Bottle Size: 15 ml, Extra Flavoring Shot (.25 cents per shot): 0)

The extreme ice had over 100 reviews and was rated 5 stars! I mean you can't really argue with that, hopefully it is a great product as I'm hoping it will be. The pink ice was something I wanted to try, it seemed unique while still having the menthol I was looking for. So thank you for the info. I tried Awesome Vapors and I won't bash it as everyone has different tastes but I did not enjoy the sample pack all that much, I actually got SICK to my stomache because of the Red Energy Drink flavor, it tasted like cherry cough medicine. Hopefully I wil feel better about my baker. I was going to try the solar flare flavor but I just wanted to try menthol for now because I find I just like mint more, especially after I eat, i just don't like being stuffed from a meal and then vaping a food flavor lol. Ill update here on my experience or wrote a new post or review.

So how did you end up liking the Pink Ice and Extreme Ice from Mt. Baker Vapor? I got my first order from them yesterday and really like everything I ordered. I was looking at the Ice flavors last night when I was plotting my next order. I *think* the Extreme Ice might just be an additive for other flavors, what some other sites call a "cool shot"...it just adds the coolness but no flavor. I guess you could vape that by itself though if you wanted.

Their 'Extreme Ice' is nothing more then a good strong menthol juice.

It's not necessarily just for adding to other juices... but you certainly can if you would like.

As I said before... I really like Mt. Baker Vapor juices (especially Solar Flare and Twilight)... especially since you can add extra 'flavor shots'. $12.24 for 50ml isn't bad at all for how great it is!!

'

Edited by DAYVAPE

That is some very logical thinking, I too have always believed that it may be best to vape flavors that we already commonly ingest as it seems this might have a better safety track record. Flavors like Chocolate, Peppermint, Spearmint, Coconut, Caramel(without custard notes) etc are so common in our daily lives that the little we get in our lungs might not be so bad and certainly would be less likely to cause allergic reactions.

When food flavors are evaluated by FEMA GRAS one of the considerations is how common is the flavor going to be used in daily life? how much of this chemical is a person going to ingest in the course of a day year week.? So it would stand to reason that a flavor that is more common would have to meet a higher standard of safety or at least deeper consideration then then some of the other less commonly used flavors.

Important to note is none of the flavors we eat are considered 100% safe as a result they are considered GRAS or Generally Recognised as Safe (key word generally)

There is a large misconception about natural and artificial flavors everybody thinks natural is better but in reality natural flavors contain greater numbers of chemicals then the artificial counterparts do. A flavorist has over 4500 chemicals to choose from when creating flavors and the difference in artificial flavors is that the chemical responsible for creating that taste is isolated from all the other compounds that it may be found in nature with. The result is that you wind up vaping only one chemical when using artificial instead of the one responsible for the taste and the 10 other useless tasteless chemicals its sitting with in the natural compound. The other difference in artificial is that the compound responsible for the flavor could be found in several places in nature i.e raspberry compound could be found in the bark of some tree in africa or the leaves of a different plant(not really but illustrating here). It is sourced from wherever it is most abundant and easiest to extract but it is still chemically the exact same compound except now it is cleaner, stronger and by itself.

Of course natural sounds better and I too gravitate to natural like everyone else, but I am not as afraid of artificial understanding more of what it really means.

To finally address your concerns when it comes to flavors in vaping less is always better, the flavors are the great unknowns in e-liquid and you should try to keep the concentrations of those flavors as low as you're comfortable with. The problem is the lower the flavor the lower the satisfaction and everybody wants high flavor so start out where it is satisfying you and work your way down on both nicotine and flavoring over weeks and months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I used to feel the same way about the menthol/ mint thing.. have you tried any flavors from www.myvapesupplies.com?

I seem to really enjoy most of their flavors as they are natural. They are made in the U.S. which is also a plus.. but as far as mint flavors go.. they have Cinnamon Red Hots, Crème de Menthe, spearmint, Peppermint... a bunch of really good ones. and they are pretty cheap.. I think I payed 12 dollars for a 30 ml bottle of Red Hots.. it was delicious.

My two fav menthol(ish) from Mt Baker are Extreme Ice and Candy Cane. White Out and Blue Ice aren't bad, but I find myself not going to them as much. I have a bunch of new ones from MT Baker (pink, black etc) that Im steeping right now.

My two All Day Vapes are still Sinapse and Apple Frost, from Niquid ( http://altsmoke.com/), and while I love Mt Baker, these two produce more throat hit and vapor, and both have a nice menthol flavor on the exhale.

Here's my review of some of the menthols from Mt Baker -

Vaporesence is a local chain here in TX that does their own juices. I was big on menthols too and they do a Smooth (like Marlboro Smooth, spearmint-y) and one called Siberian Fireball that is a Cinnamon mint mix. They do a Neoport (Newport of course) and just a straight menthol too.

I've yet to find a good menthol flavor for me. But I did find that I'm very content with dripping a few drops of a straight menthol-only juice to mix in with a flavor I already like. I get more control over how much menthol I want(especially since a lot of menthol flavors can come out very potent) and since I'm vaping something I already like, I get the best of both worlds.

Mt Baker Pink Ice, Green Ice, Vanilla Ice....all going into my 'trade' bin. This week, I have been mixing MT Baker Chocolate Mint (3 parts) with their regular Menthol flavor, and I haven't stopped vaping that for 3 days now.

The Niquid stuff (more expensive) is really excellent for Menthol flavors. I get them at altsmoke.com

• 2 weeks later...