3.0 ohm 510 Atomizer

ninjabat

The Nanos are still kicking butt and taking names but my true love is direct dripping. There's a bit of a learning curve to it but it's sooooo worth it when you get the hang of it. The flavor of the e-liquid just...POPS in comparison to any cartomizers, clearomizers or tanks. I even drip and drive. Well, I only drip when I'm stopped at a light and can do so safely. :D

Well thanks again for the reply.

I wanted to start my 'learning curve' on direct dripping.

I have one of these 3 ohm atomizers heading my way.

I know i need to wipe the inside element off with a paper towel before i use it.

I know it's only 2 maybe 3 drips of juice at a time.

Any other 'tricks' i may want to know when it arrives?

Like many have said before: 'these things never arrive with instruction booklets'

Let me see.... Before attaching the atomizer to the battery take a paper towel or tissue and hold it very loosely to the end that will be screwed onto the battery. Then blow through the top to blow out anything there. Do this several times, you don't have to worry about being too gentle here. Another thing is to remember this move when you flood the thing by putting too much juice in that it gurgles and won't really give up any vapor. Blow it out and start with a couple of drips.

I'm a terrible dripper and used to consistently flood my atomizer for a good long while when I started. :)

The first time you need to drip in four to six drops of liquid. I like to let it sit for 10 - 15 seconds to absorb the first time. Then vape. You'll know when you've run out of juice when you get a really harsh throat hit that tastes like chemical or something that's definitely NOT your e-liquid. :)

Have you gotten a drip shield? I believe those make the direct dripping experience so much better. When I first started I had an eGo cone. Those were okay except for the tight draw due to no air holes. You can get the eGo drip shields at Empire Mods. There are only two styles that have eGo in the name of the drip shields. These will cover the threads of your battery. The other 510 compatibles will also work but the threads will be visible unless you get a separate thread cover or don't care about it.

Good luck! :D

Thanks again Tameiki for taking your time to go through all of this with me.

I have no drip shields 'yet' but i think you pointed me in the right direction - THANK YOU!!!

I'll let ya know how it all works out for me when I get the atomizer in a few days.

Btw: is that a Maltese in yer avatar photo? Cute little woofers right there.

You're very welcome, Ninjabat. I got a lot of help when I first tried dripping. It's only right that I help others now that I can.

The drip shields are a must if you don't want to constantly have to wipe the juice that oozes out of the atomizer while dripping.

It looks like the Empire drip shields are out of stock at the moment. http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/emegodrip.htm

These drip shield cones are finally back in all colors. I prefer these because they have extra air holes compared to the two in the ones in the first link.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/egodc.htm

The draw is much lighter using these -- or so I've found anyway. YMMV.

When you get the drip shield, don't worry if you have a hard time getting them to snap into place all the way down. Sometimes they do that. Just take it off and put it on again. It may take a little bit of strength to get it all the way down over the threads but it will go. I sometimes put a little juice onto the O-rings inside to lube the way the first few times. :lol:

Yes, that's my Maltese female, Tenacity. Teni for short. She's my fuzzy kid...who needs a bath and haircut in the worst way right now. :D

Well tell Teni she's a celebrity on VT!!!

So it sounds like the atomizer WILL leak on me UNLESS i get a drip shield??

Wish they put that in the description when the sold those things.

No wonder the atomizer-noobs get their panties all up in a bunch...

I was under the impression i only needed a drip shield if i wanted it to hold a few more drops of juice.

The liquid inside the atomizer will leak out of the bottom ventilation holes, it's a very small amount unless you over drip. That's why you'll want to get a drip shield. You don't have to have one but if you don't, you'll have to wipe the bottom portion of the atomizer every now and then or the juice will start to accumulate and then eventually ooze down the battery, your fingers...

Not totally necessary but I like to rinse the drip shield in warm water periodically to rinse off the juice it caught and then allow it air dry.

That's my first foray into direct dripping. As you can see I ask a LOT of questions. The folks here were wonderfully patient with me. lol

This next link is about drip shields:

I think you'll find some helpful information in the comments. :)

Thanks again Tameiki!! :laser:

Your questions back then were very relevant to me here.

So here's what you helped me find at empire:

Delrin 306 XL Drip Tip

Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

eGo Drip Shield Cone

Hopefully these will save me some frustration in direct-drip land...

You officially have yer name in my book of awesome!! :animier:

Thanks again Tameiki!! :laser:

Your questions back then were very relevant to me here.

So here's what you helped me find at empire:

Delrin 306 XL Drip Tip

Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

eGo Drip Shield Cone

Hopefully these will save me some frustration in direct-drip land...

You officially have yer name in my book of awesome!! :animier:

The Delrin 306 XL Drip Tip won't fit your 510 LR atomizer, ninjabat. You need a 901/510 drip tip. Get a hold of Keith at Empire Mods and ask that it be changed otherwise you're going to be frustrated when you get your order.

If you want the extra long drip tip so you don't get juice in your mouth I'd get the universal drip tip and a smaller drip tip like this to put in it. You can use the universal by itself but I prefer something smaller in my mouth.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/chrryuni.htm

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/driptc.htm

Edited by Tameiki

Go figure i would mess up something :wallbash:

Is an extra long drip tip even 'necessary' for the drip shield cones?

And WOW empire e-mailed me back before i even finished typing this response...

And Tam, did I say that you are awesome recently?

Thank you, thank you, thanks. :wub:

An extra long drip tip is not "necessary" per se but it's pretty wonderful. One of the little annoyances with just a regular drip tip is that if you draw too hard you can suck up some of the juice into your mouth. That's pretty unpleasant and not at all delicious. I love using a drip tip with the universal because I never have that problem with the longer...length.

Keith at Empire Mods is wonderful to work with. His customer service is stellar!

Why, thank you for the kind words. I'm just happy to help another vaper get into direct dripping. :D

Yay I got my stuff today. I'm a direct dripper now...

Can't wait to sample some new juices now that i have some more flexibility.

It didn't make the Kahlua any better but tons of vapor anyway.

Congrats! One more tip now that you're a direct dripper...if you're sampling new flavors it's best to use one atomizer with like flavors that compliment each other as you'll get a little bit of the old flavor mixed with the new the first few draws. I like to keep the bakery stuff with one, fruit flavors with another... As you delve more deeply in direct dripping you'll find what works best for you. :D

You may look into rebuildable dripper. They are cheap, do not leak and will last longer than you. I had an igo-l dripper which i loved but I accidentally killed it by trying to dry it in an oven...not a smart move btw. If you don't cook it, it should last forever. :D