Winter Storm Nemo

Looks like those of us in the northeast are going to get nailed tomorrow and Saturday by the biggest storm in many years. My location has the potential of getting the most out of this one and the snow will be measured in feet. A blizzard warning is in effect for all of eastern MA, RI, CT, coastal NH and ME.

Well, I guess we're due. There was no snow last year and this year only a few inches so far. I'm gonna have some fun with this one; my quad is gassed up and I just got a tube to pull. You people in a warm climate don't know what you're missing.

post-1860-0-29834800-1360348708_thumb.jpThe governor has declared a state of emergency at noon and has banned all vehicle traffic starting at 4pm. Me and the guys(and a few girls) are planning a night ride at the height of the storm before and after midnight. We did the same thing last month when we got about 8 inches. There's nothing that compares to night riding in a snow storm. We are older now so we won't take unnecessary chances and we know how to ride safely in extreme conditions. I just hope the quads don't have to get towed back by the snow mobiles. That would be embarrassing.

Weathers horrible down here in St Pete Fl. too, Its freezing.... almost 60 degrees f @ 9 pm, supposte to be in the mid 50's in the morning.

50's in the morning and 60's for a high is T-shirt weather for me. No lie. I work outside most of the time and I was working in a T-shirt several times this winter.

Up here in Northern NH we've barely gotten 2 inches so far. Looks we'll miss the worst of it, but the post office apparently cancelled mail delivery for tomorrow for the entire state. So much for that whole "nor rain nor sleet nor .... " however their slogan goes lol. I did make sure I had both my batteries fully charged before I left work. I love storms like this (I'm such a weather nerd lol). Stay safe those who will be stuck in the brunt of this! :)

Still haven't been able to figure out why they call it Nemo.Anyone know?Or is it just like a hurricane name thing?

The local news says that the Weather Channel came up with that one but they are calling it The Blizzard of '13. It is not an official name but some people think they have the privilege of naming it.

The driving ban in MA is somewhat understandable but I just learned that one could face 1 year in jail and $500 fine. That is total BS and they can't possibly make something like that stick. Sometimes I wonder about this state I live in, lot's of stupidness around here especially from those in office.

Well, the midnight ride didn't happen. One guy went out at about 8pm and had a real hard time keeping his goggles clean and he says there is no way we were going to pull it off. I'll go riding later in the day if I have any energy left in me after I shovel out. 2 feet on the ground and it's still snowing here until about noon.

Cold weather sucks to live in. I was stationed at Ft. Drum in upstate NY for 4 Yrs so i can sympathize. I remember once being able to spit into the air and it freezing before hitting the ground. We had soldiers die from frozen lung while running during below 0 temps. Nice to visit the snow and then leave it behind.

Wish I could ship some our beautiful weather from central fl. your way.

Stay safe.