Longtime smoker with history of lung cancer

Mikel1037

Hello my name is Mike I am 58 years old, have been a smoker all my life. I lost 80% of my left lung in 2000 from lung cancer. I was able to quit smoking for about eight months after my surgery. At that point I had a weak moment and thought I would have a cigarette! I guess it goes without saying that one cigarette was all it took and I was smoking again.

A week ago today I bought a Ego-CTwist, I am pleased to say that since I purchased my e-cigarette I only had three cigarettes. I am very excited at the prospect that this will replace the bad habit that I've had for so long in my life. I enjoy the taste the convenience and knowing that I'm not getting all the other carcinogens and poisons that were in regular cigarettes. Keep your fingers crossed for me folks! I would love to see my grandson grow.

Welcome to VaporTalk, Mike!

What an awful ordeal you've been through! And, I'm afraid I'd have been in the same boat, if vaping hadn't of entered my life. It sucks to be so addicted to smoking. :( I'm so glad you switched to Vaping, and that you've started with the Twist! You've certainly done your research, that's a nice ecig.

When I found a flavor I loved, it was easy to "forget" about having a cigarette, except for those dreaded 6 a day... waking, coffee, after eating, before bed... but one by one, they too left my life. I did, however, have to challenge them, challenge myself, and I'm still jumping up into the air and clicking my heels over quitting those lingering stubborn ones.

Best of luck to you. You're off to a great start with that twist!

Thank you for your kind words. I have been pleasantly surprised I find myself not even wanting a Cigarette. I am so excited about not smoking. I really think that this is going to be what I needed to quit.

I'm glad to hear that you feel like I chose a good product to start it came highly recommended.

Best wishes!

Welcome to the forum, I had my own ordeal with cancer (kidney) they took half of my right one, so I know how you feel. Can't go wrong with an eGo I still have my 1st 510 stick style and it still works! I'll be closing in on 2 years analog free in a hand full of months and I know if I can do it anyone can. Stay focused and don't beat yourself up if you slip! Good Luck :cheers: