Can you use breadties for a coil?

I had a bread tie and I was thinking maybe it could be used for a coil. I am not sure why it wouldn't be able to other than it may be too thick and won't get enough power to run through it. But I thought since it is thicker shouldn't it be able to heat it better? Also if you end up running out of coils and you are waiting for some to get shipped most anyone would have lots of bread ties laying around. So is this a good idea or is it just something that wouldn't be worth doing?

I don't see this as a viable option. To produce the ohms needed in an atomizer you have to use resistance wire which is typically either kanthal or Nichrome (sp?). Average twist ties are steel wire. That could mean either stainless or an alloy. The resistance is far too little I would imagine to make a coil. Just off a quick google search the average resistance of steel wire is 1/6 of Nichrome. I guess if you made 30 or so wraps you may get onto the ballpark of the correct resistance. Good luck and don't do this on any mod you care about. ;)

I only have one mod. And I really think it was a waste of $30. It was great at first but now it seems to end up dying quickly. As well as only have a good strong hit the first few times. Then it is little to nothing after awhile.

I completely agree with MSE.

Your mod may need it's contacts cleaned, with alcohol on Q-tip swabs or something. They oxidize (ok, wrong word, but I'm not getting through to my brain that I'd really appreciate the right word here). really easy.

If you need wire, I can send you a little. PM me your address.

No, I have wire. But thanks anyway uma I appreciate it. I was just had a bread tie and was thinking it might be something to use. The wire I have is really thin compared to this breadtie. And no I am not going to use it for a coil I just thought I would post about it to see what anyone would think about it. I can see now it wouldn't be a good idea as a bread tie isn't long enough to wrap around the wick enough times to get a good enough resistance. I will clean my battery threading and stuff and see if it improves. I think it may be my atomizer it keeps deciding to leak even though it doesn't seem to be over absorbing. I am actually still not doing something right. I get a metallic taste from the atomizer. I am guessing I need to oxidize it more as I just used my butane torch lighter to oxidize it several times. It got nice and orange just not white orange.

Well I had just cleaned the contacts with some denatured alcohol. It is all I have so it is just going to have to do. I have heard people using it to clean the whole cartomizer anyways by filling a small vial and putting the cartomizer in and shaking it up. Afterwords they run it through some water but I really don't know if it will actually do any good. Anyways after cleaning the contacts it didn't seem to be any different. So it is either the cartomizer or it is the battery. But I really don't know. I am hoping it is the cartomizer as $30 is a total waste if the product decides to deteriorate performance after a few months or so. I have a joyetech ego battery and it is still working perfectly and it has to be much older.

Edited by willmon22

No, I have wire. But thanks anyway uma I appreciate it. I was just had a bread tie and was thinking it might be something to use. The wire I have is really thin compared to this breadtie. And no I am not going to use it for a coil I just thought I would post about it to see what anyone would think about it. I can see now it wouldn't be a good idea as a bread tie isn't long enough to wrap around the wick enough times to get a good enough resistance. I will clean my battery threading and stuff and see if it improves. I think it may be my atomizer it keeps deciding to leak even though it doesn't seem to be over absorbing. I am actually still not doing something right. I get a metallic taste from the atomizer. I am guessing I need to oxidize it more as I just used my butane torch lighter to oxidize it several times. It got nice and orange just not white orange.

Well I had just cleaned the contacts with some denatured alcohol. It is all I have so it is just going to have to do.

It would make for an interesting Zombie/Apopocrolypse(sp) thread... emergency supplies. I'll see if I can find some info on your bread tie idea, as I browse the forums this month.

If you need 32g, don't hesitate to ask. I have plenty. (bought a spool a few months ago).

Metallic Taste? That could be several reasons why.

1. The wick isn't oxidized enough and is shorting out.

2. The coil is wrapped too lose, and is causing awful flavor

3. The wick is touching metal somewhere, and shorting out. (tank, cap, edges of wick hole)

4 The next will come to me as soon as I leave the forum...

Do you have a camera? Would it be possible for you to share pics of your atty setup?

For super closeups, I find it easiest to take a regular decent picture. Open the pic in your gallery, ZOOM in, take a screenshot, save, and send. (unless you have a great camera that doesn't blurr the closeups).

The AGA-T+ is SS with polycarbonate tank.

The AGA-T2 is SS with pyrex tank. (very important to use if you vape Citrus, Clove or Cinnamon type juices).

Description is subject to change.

When the AGA-T+ first came out, you got one of each type of tank. Now the vendors are confusing us...

Just a headsup, to always read the descriptions vendor to vendor.

Edited by Uma