New And Newbie Questions - Puff Limit? Travel To Europe?

SonjaWi

Hi!

My name is Sonja, I have been an analog smoker since I am 29 (yeah, I know, kind of late). I stopped two times for a total of 3 years, now I am 36 and back on the cigarettes. I received a free trial of the NJoy King cigarette to see if vaping would be for me before I go out and spend a hundred on a kit, and so far, I must say I like it.

The only thing that disturbs me is that the e-cigarette says that I am not supposed to puff more than 15 times in an hour. When I smoke, I smoke at home probably 6-10 cigarettes over the whole day, usually one to two at a time, so for that it's not an issue. However, if I am at work, I tend to smoke 5 cigarettes when on lunchbreak, and I would want the e-cig to be able to replace that habit. If I am limited by the amount of puffs that I can take I can't emulate this habit and I am sure I will go back to the cigarettes just due to convenience over the e-cig. I really want to get to zero nicotine in the end, but don't want to overdose myself right now either.

I am smoking analog Pall Mall Menthol 100s, which have 1.2 mg Nicotine. What level of E-Liquid would be a good fit, if I do not want to be limited to the 10-15 puffs per hour per se? The Njoy King Gold has 3 % right now. Hope I'm not going the wrong way *lol*

Next question: I travel to Europe. Can I charge an e-cig battery on the 220 Volt over there or are the batteries not made for that? I have a plug converter, I just don't know if the batteries are usually multi voltage as my cellphone is, for example. If not - what kit offers such a possibilty cheap? I don't want to have to spend 100s to get a good starter kit.

Thanks, Sonja!

I'm no help in the Europe department but that puff count is bogus. I'd say almost 99% of us that vape do it much more than we ever smoked. I would recommend starting at a either 12mg or 18mg nic. Those are good baselines. I say start there and build or take away as desired. I highly doubt you'll od on an ecig unless you get some crazy high nic like over 24...that's just my 2c. Also, welcome to VT!

I might have to add, I am no longer an inhaler smoker. I just puff and turn the smoke around in my mouth, pretty much as people do with a cigar. So if anybody has an idea what starter kit could satisfy that need (I think a good throat hit would help) I'd be thankful for pointers!

mse12: thanks for the welcome! I just don't want to up my nicotine intake, as I ultimately want to get to the zero nicotine. For me, it's about the habit of having something in my hand and mouth,so to speak. Its more the menthol that gets me to smoke than the tobacco, actually.

I'm a little confused here, you've stated the type of cigarette you smoke along with the nicotine content but you don't inhale? If you're not inhaling, the amount of nicotine your getting is probably minim at best. (If any at all)

To me it sounds like you'd be better off sucking on some candy or perhaps holding a pin. It would seem to me the most additive part of smoking is none existent to you. In fact I'm honestly not sure at all why you need any strength nicotine, why not go right to zero?

Christopher: that is exactly why I ask :). I have zero experience and as far as I know Nicotine is also absorbed over the mouth tissue, if for sure not as much as if you actually inhale the smoke.

Candy...nope, doesn't do it for me, I go back to the cigarette. Holding a pin...nope, won't do it for me neither. I quit the last 2 times with Chantix, and actually it held up good until I run into a stress situation and then I am back on the cigarette. Cigarettes calm me down. My husband is annoyed at the smoke smell that I bring with me, that is why I am looking into vaping.

Well I'll tell you this, I wouldn't worry about the 15 puffs ordeal. Let me tell you, we all blow that rule :lol: I've honestly never heard of it till you mentioned it. Shoot, most smokers take 10 puffs per cigarette.

If it's purely habitual, I'd go with the Njoy and I'm sure you'll be fine. If they don't offer zero, or perhaps it doesn't work for you, then go with either the KR808 or Joye 510.

My advice? Get a Joye 510 Tank with Zero MG liquid. Easy to fill, no mess no fuss, will take care of the hand to mouth ordeal and you'll be good to go.

I've read that the enjoy kings have large amounts of nic.

The strongest is around 30mg,I'm sure that's why they suggest

that you limit the amount of puffs.

I think if you got a kit and got juice around 12-18mg it would be fine.

Just remember to listen to your body it will tell you if you're getting

too much nic.Headaches, queasy stomach,jitters etc...

I won't be much help with the euro plugs but I believe you can get adapters

suitable for charging e-cigs.Hopefully someone will chime in soon who knows

for sure.

Welcome and good luck with vaping.

Edit: yes I have read that nic is absorbed through the membranes in the mouth

so you do get some nic even if you don't inhale.

Edited by joe2003

I've read that the enjoy kings have large amounts of nic.

The strongest is around 30mg,I'm sure that's why they suggest

that you limit the amount of puffs.

That nic rate is bloated without question. I ordered one of the free trials and after hearing how weak the "3%" was I ordered the "4.5"...yeah right. I've been vaping almost a year and there is zero chance the nic is above 20-24mg...I don't have a lab to verify that but just from comparison there's no way its that high. At 4.5% you're talking about 45mg/ml...nope. I vape 12mg typically. The njoy is stronger than that but nowhere near what they claim. The only way that rating is right is if they are using ultra cheap nic base....like cocaine cut with sugar..lol

Thanks for the replies! I am currently looking at the Joye ego-T or the mentioned 510 T most likely as a starter purchase. I've been vaping the Njoy so far "on schedule" *lol* as I would smoke cigarettes, at about 8 to 10 puffs every 2 hours, and it has no adverse effects on me , so I guess there is not much more nicotine getting to me than it would with my analogs. Unfortunately they don't do the zero strength and at 27 dollars for a threepack they are rather pricey compared to a starter set and self refill of liquid.But they might be enough to go to Germany for a couple of weeks *lol*

Price wise I am not really gaining much from switching to vapor, as a carton of my cigs only costs 36 dollars,and I smoke maximum 2 a month. But - I'd like to get rid of the stink, and I would like to not look like 50 when I am 40.