What To Go With Now

I've been vaping well over 2 years now. I really like ego batteries. But here is my problem. I am going through clearomizers like there is no tomorrow and spending a fortune. I also tend to have replace a USB recharger every couple months.

I want to try something different.

I have an ego twist which I like a lot. I also have an Ego tank system which I don't like. It clogs easy and I don't get enough vapor. I was considering an Ego C. Is this better than the tank system.

I want something that is going produce a lot of vapor and decent throat hit. So should I switch to an Ego C? Or should I try a different brand of clearomizers (aka stardust) I'm tried multiple brands. And how about that usb charger having be replaced so much is that normal? Someone told me it's charging in the car that kills it.

I am a heavy vapor.

Thanks

The Stardusts are not bad but leak a little.A better choice would be a Vivi Nova or Vivi 2.0 Mini Nova,great vapor and flavor,low cost replacement elements,choice of resistance and a very reasonable price.Unplug the car charger when you are not using it especially when starting the motor.Big voltage swings seem to mess them up.Might be better getting a second battery and just charge them when you get home.

The Stardusts are not bad but leak a little.A better choice would be a Vivi Nova or Vivi 2.0 Mini Nova,great vapor and flavor,low cost replacement elements,choice of resistance and a very reasonable price.Unplug the car charger when you are not using it especially when starting the motor.Big voltage swings seem to mess them up.Might be better getting a second battery and just charge them when you get home.

Thanks for the info. I rotate 4 batteries at one time. As I said I'm a heavy vapor. LOL

I like the eGo-C Twists...I've owned a couple of 'em, and a Vision 1300 mAh Spinner. There are, however, a couple of drawbacks when you compare them to another model eGo battery...the eGo Pass-Through VV.

gallery_15088_188_25826.jpg

First of all, I don't like being unable to use my PV when it's charging. That means I need to have a pass-through device, which eliminates both the Twist and the Spinner right off the bat. I also prefer not removing my carto/atty/tank when it's time to charge. That's especially troublesome when my Twist/Spinner battery dies just as I've filled my drip-shielded atty to it overflow capacity...messy. With a pass-through, when I lose all charge, I can just plug it in on the bottom and keep on vaping.

Another plus for the eGo Pass-Through VV is that it's got a wider range of available voltages (3-6v compared to 3.2-4.8v for the Twist/Spinners) and lockable "+" & "-" buttons. The wider voltage range gives me the ability to not be as picky about juicer selection...low, standard, high resistance cartos/atties/tanks...makes no difference now...I can use 'em all. Also, higher voltage + higher resistance = same vape with less current (cooler switch), and longer vaping time between charges.

Perhaps the best thing about the eGo Pass-Through VV is that its LCD screen lets me know at a glance what voltage I'm currently set at, how many puffs I've taken, and most importantly, how much battery life is left. No more surprises.

That's how I see it. I use mine every day, and it's never let me down...not even once! :thumbup:

I got one here and shipping was free.

They also carry a model that takes a 14500 battery, but they're currently out of stock. I got my dad one for Christmas and he loves it. It's cool because you don't have to toss your eGo when the battery dies for good, and when the charge goes down, you just put a freshly charged battery in and you're off.

The product page for that one is here.

Edited by Rixter

I like the eGo-C Twists...I've owned a couple of 'em, and a Vision 1300 mAh Spinner. There are, however, a couple of drawbacks when you compare

First of all, I don't like being unable to use my PV when it's charging. That means I need to have a pass-through device, which eliminates both the Twist and the Spinner right off the bat. I also prefer not removing my carto/atty/tank when it's time to charge. That's especially troublesome when my Twist/Spinner battery dies just as I've filled my drip-shielded atty to it overflow capacity...messy. With a pass-through, when I lose all charge, I can just plug it in on the bottom and keep on vaping.

I can't plug in at work because I'm working in a government facility and not at the computer enough to justify buying a passthru.

I can't plug in at work because I'm working in a government facility and not at the computer enough to justify buying a passthru.

If you're in one place for a while you can just use an AC adapter and plug in to any wall outlet. :)

When you work for the government you can't plug anything into an wall outlet or into the usb port. I wish I could.

Wow. Bummer. The only advice I'd have for you then would be to get (if you want to continue with an eGo battery), something along the lines of the 1100 mAh so it holds a charge longer. Otherwise, how about a mod that you can change batteries for fresh ones when they lose their charge? I'm not familiar with them so others could give you better advice but it seems like the Vamo is very popular as is the ZMax. Those use batteries that you can take out/buy extras and keep them charged. Just a thought...

When you work for the government you can't plug anything into an wall outlet or into the usb port. I wish I could.

I didn't know this was a thing!? It sounds like you may just need a mod with higher mAh. I have a "rule-of-thumb" for my use where 100mAh in a battery is about an hour worth of use time so my batteries are 900mAh or higher to get me through a workday. Good luck with your search!

I use big battery devices (18650's). I work in a factory on nights. I work 12.5 hour shifts. If I use my lavatube or vamo one battery will last a shift. If I use my kicked Legacy it takes two. The batteries I use are 2250 mah flat tops (i think are trustfire but not 100% sure) as well as 2000mah AW IMR's. I vape roughly 3-4 mls throughout the night give or take depending how the night goes and how the breaks work out. Two 18650's guarantee I never have a dead pv. I have a little two sided plano tackle box that I throw into my work bag. It holds my extra 18650, a 650mah ego battery, a blunt tip 3ml syringe, two empty cartos, two atties, a couple drip tips, an extra battery spring, and two 3ml bottles of juice. That is my travel/work kit. When I leave the house with that kit I could in theory vape almost 3 days if it came down to it. In the past I would run out of either juice or battery life at work and end up bumming analogs. I intend for that to never happen again.
So now to answer your questions. No your charger should not be dying like that. I have a single ego style charger and I've used it for almost a year now with no problems. As far as a juice delivery system. If you don't like the ego-t you WILL NOT like the ego-c. That's my experience. I've had success with both the vivi nova tanks as well as cartomizer tanks. Those are my typical out and about systems. The latter more than the first. I also enjoy dripping but I find that 90% of the time I'm too lazy to do it. I hope that helps. I almost forgot I use to LOVE a bottom coil clearo I think called "phoenix" sold by gotvapes. I used those like crazy for several months until I got into the vivi tanks. Good luck. :)

I use big battery devices (18650's). I work in a factory on nights. I work 12.5 hour shifts. If I use my lavatube or vamo one battery will last a shift. If I use my kicked Legacy it takes two. The batteries I use are 2250 mah flat tops (i think are trustfire but not 100% sure) as well as 2000mah AW IMR's.

This sounds like the way to go for me. Ok where to get a vamo one at? I know about lavatube but I can't get vocano's site up here at home. Grrrr And where do you get the Legacy? I want check out all three before I make a purchase. I assume their starter kits come with a charger?

And I don't like to drip. and will pass on the atty. I will try the viva clearomizer.

And I wouldn't even bum an analog, I'm way past that. I'd rather go without than go back to smoking.

I purchased my vamo at electronicstix.com they are a US company out of UT. I ordered on 12/20 and it was in my hands on 12/24. I'm in TN and think that was a great shipping especially how close it was to Christmas. The Legacy is a pure mechanical mod from puresmoker.com they are a TN based company and I really like my legacy. The downfall is no power regulation so whatever the battery is pushing is what I get which isn't bad as long it's accompanied with a LR atty or clearo or carto. Hope that helps. I know a lot of others have experience with many other big battery devices such as the Silver Bullet by altsmoke.com and the Saber Touch by vapermoon.com. There are a vast number of options out there. Just check around I'm sure you'll find something to your liking! Good luck again.

I purchased my vamo at electronicstix.com they are a US company out of UT. I ordered on 12/20 and it was in my hands on 12/24. I'm in TN and think that was a great shipping especially how close it was to Christmas. The Legacy is a pure mechanical mod from puresmoker.com they are a TN based company and I really like my legacy. The downfall is no power regulation so whatever the battery is pushing is what I get which isn't bad as long it's accompanied with a LR atty or clearo or carto. Hope that helps. I know a lot of others have experience with many other big battery devices such as the Silver Bullet by altsmoke.com and the Saber Touch by vapermoon.com. There are a vast number of options out there. Just check around I'm sure you'll find something to your liking! Good luck again.

Thanks for all the information going go check them out know. I'm in Tennessee as well. I am north of Knoxville in Hunstville which is Big South Fork region.

Bummer electronicstix is sold out of vamo

You should be able to use the vivi nova on the VAMO with no problems. I live in middle TN. About 1.5 hours southeast of Nashville. :) make sure you get a charger if it doesn't come with one! I didn't look to see if it does or not.

Edited by mse12

You should be able to use the vivi nova on the VAMO with no problems. I live in middle TN. About 1.5 hours southeast of Nashville. :) make sure you get a charger if it doesn't come with one! I didn't look to see if it does or not.

Yes it came with a charger. The vamo was hard to find. If I did find it the supplier would be sold out of the charger. The site I got it from is calling it a lavatube. But a kit for $71.99 plus another $8 off with coupon code, I went for it. I hope it's not a cheap knockoff. They also had the real deal on the vivi nova. The other guy recommended a place to get vamo but I had a feeling it wasn't quite what I wanted and they had no vivi novas.

I've only been in TN for a little over a year now. I met my husband online and moved south. I'm originally from Cincinnati, OH. There is still a whole state I haven't seen yet. I haven't made it to Nashville yet. I am going add you as a friend if that is okay. :)