Pg, And Vg.. And Others?

Finchx6

I recently posted another question in regards to a similar flavor to one I had really liked from one company, but its rather overpriced as are many of their other things.

Basically, I attempted to put liquid from V2 cigs (the Sahara flavor) into the tube tank of my Inferno, and it did not work well at all.. extremely bad leaking from the tip, and even very loud gurgling noises from the tank during use, lots of mouth spatter .. not good.

The juice from Volcano, the makers of my Inferno have never done this. Upon looking over them, I noticed my liquids from V2 are simply labeled PG - Propylene Glycol.. where as my liquids from Volcano literally say "Propylene Glycol Glycerine"

I don't want to run the risk of ruining my Provari.. but I'm really wanting a similar flavor to the Sahara from V2.. But while browsing the Provape website, I noticed under the descriptions of their liquids, it says the same thing as Volcano. "Propylene Glycol Glycerine" ...

I was helped and told to look into a couple of flavors in my previous question that were from Dekang.. upon looking around the net for this particular brand, I found it being offered to sell in various forms.. they were offering it in PG.. VG.. or a 50/50 mix of the two. So I guess my question is basically.... when it says 50/50... is that the equivalent of the ones labeled "Propylene Glycol Glycerine" ?? Or is it something else entirely? Really wondering which is which and what that means on the bottles from Volcano and Provape before I do something stupid and mess up my brand new Provari

50/50 means its 50% PG ( Propylene Glycol) & VG ( Vegetable Glycerin). PG is much thinner than VG. The 100% PG juice you tried will heat up quicker and is more prone to leaking due to its viscosity. The different juices wont ruin your Provari, although higher VG concentrations have been known to gumm up cartos and attys.

Thanks for the replies..

I knew the 50/50 meant it was a combination of both.. My question was more in regards to the labels on the bottles themselves, or the listings on certain websites (such as provapes).. where rather than just saying "Propylene Glycol" or "Vegetable Glycerine" .... they say "Propylene Glycol Glycerine" I was wondering if that meant it was at least some kind of ratio, or a 50/50 mix of the PG and VG..

Though I believe Tameki answered my question in another thread regading flavors.. You mentioned asking Volcano (their bottles have the three word combination on them just like the provapes website lists their liquids as).. and they said it was a combination, so I'm guessing seeing all three words like that basically means its not 100% PG or 100% VG but a mixture??

In which case I know what to look for, for both my Infernos and my Provari.. I found the Camel Desert Ship from Dekang that was recommended to me, and there is also a Cam Tobacco from the actual provapes website I think could be promising as well, though I've made notes on the brand you recommended, EC.. I'll have to look through their website later seeing as I'm off to work at the moment, but I highly appreciate both of your responses and really enjoying the website thus far!

Just out of curiosity I went to Provape's site and took a look. The premium e-liquids just say "USP Grade Gylcerine" with no explanation as to what kind of glycerine it is. The regular e-liquids state clearly that it's vegetable glycerine. So I checked their FAQ and found nothing. Sent an email to them to find out why the discrepancy in wording. Will let you know what they say. :)

Just got a reply from Jennifer at Provapes:

Yes, all of our juice is made with vegetable glycerine. The makers of our juice are the ones that actually provide the wording on their product, so I apologize for any confusion.

Interesting. Now I know that Provapes doesn't make the juice they sell. Good to know. I think I prefer buying from those who make their own. :)

Very good point. If none of the three juices I ordered from Provape really fit into my all-day vape choices, I'll definitely be looking around at the one you mentioned previously ... And I'm guessing for my Provari I should try and stick with a VG liquid? Oh and by any chance do you happen to have any links for ordering direct (if possible) EC and Dekang liquids? If not possibly any recommendations for retailers?

Very good point. If none of the three juices I ordered from Provape really fit into my all-day vape choices, I'll definitely be looking around at the one you mentioned previously ... And I'm guessing for my Provari I should try and stick with a VG liquid? Oh and by any chance do you happen to have any links for ordering direct (if possible) EC and Dekang liquids? If not possibly any recommendations for retailers?

EC Blend's website: https://www.ecblendflavors.com/

Sweet-Vapes.com http://www.sweet-vapes.com/

Sorry, I'm no help with the Dekang liquid as I've never tried it. :(

If I'm not mistaken a Provari is a type of battery. What are you using on it? My personal preference is anything from 50 PG/VG, 60 PG/40 VG and/or 70 PG/30 VG -- it all depends on the flavor.

The vanilla malt, chocolate malt and dulce de leche I prefer at 50/50. The strawberry malt is at 80 PG/20 VG. The nectarine is at 60 PG/40 VG. These taste the best when I'm direct dripping. When I use them in a Kangor T2, Vision Nano or Vision Stardust I prefer a higher PG ratio. With too high a VG ratio in the e-liquid, it tends to be too thick and gums things up easily.

Now these are just my opinions and experiences. Others will have their own tales to tell. :D

I just ordered a few of their premium blends on the Provape website. And yeah the Provari is a VV mod. I like the Inferno cause it can use tanks which I love, but I came across a few liquids from Volcano that really kind if made me realize just WHY we have the variable voltage devices. Needed some more UMPH to really get a good hit. Volcanos Lavatube VV device isn't as highly reviewed as the Provari that I found so I went with it. I just bought a couple of the DCT tanks that Provape offered for it but they didn't have the best reviews so depending on my experience I'll probably be asking around for the best 510 thread tanks/carto combos in people's opinions lol. Will definitely check into those sites, thank you so much. I'm not sure what ratio to go with yet but the 50/50s and 60/40s you mentioned obviously seem like a happy medium. The rest was kind of Greek to me as I don't know too many brands. When I started with the cheap convenience store brand it was a trial, then I asked around for a better company that was similar.. Was sent to V2 .. at which point I got tired of throwing money away and found tanks and VV mods. I didn't think I was ready for the whole VV thing so I got the inferno but 2 months later here I am with a Provari in the mail lol!

The great thing about places like EC Blends and Sweet-Vapes is that they sell 5 ml bottles. They're great for sampling juices to see what you like. The strawberry shortcake from EC Blends was so good I just ordered a larger bottle of it today...as well as about six other new-to-me flavors. Going middle of the road is a good start. You'll figure out what you like better as you go along. :)

The more you read on this forum the more you'll learn. Sometimes it becomes a bit much, but that's why you ask questions. I'm still learning every day. The people here make it easier.