Is There Any System That Works Consistently?

kvjeff73

You may have flooded it. Not sure though. I usually drop around 4ish drops and the first hit may be weak but then it's golden for about 3-4 hits and then it's time to start over. That's the lifestyle of a dripper, great taste but at the cost of dripping every 3-4 hits in my experience. It's definitely not for everyone. I hope you pull it out again sometime and it works good for you. :yes

You may have flooded it. Not sure though. I usually drop around 4ish drops and the first hit may be weak but then it's golden for about 3-4 hits and then it's time to start over. That's the lifestyle of a dripper, great taste but at the cost of dripping every 3-4 hits in my experience. It's definitely not for everyone. I hope you pull it out again sometime and it works good for you. :yes

LOL, isn't "flooding" what you are doing when you are dripping?

Thanks, I get your point. Might have too much juice in.

3-4 hits! I thought I'd get 5-10, oh well.

My suggestion is to buy some of the 510 1.5 ohm atomizers from EmpireMods (already debridged)... I've never really liked the 901's honestly. I use these on a daily basis and have great luck with them. Try them.. I know you will agree.

Edited by DAYVAPE

YMMV I know many ppl claim they get more nice hits by dripping but for me, and it may just be my style of vaping, I get around 3-4 good before it falls off quick. I would also recommend getting an IGO-L rebuildable dripper. It cost $14 and is literally one of the easiest rebuildables out there. I'd say for $25 or so you will have the unit, plus enough wire and silica to last months. I get AWESOME performance out of mine. I can also drip up to like 20ish drops of juice in it without "flooding" to the point that it doesn't perform. I don't know if you are ready to try your hand at rebuilding but it really is super easy and takes about 3-4 minutes to set one up...worth looking into. :D Happy vaping!

Want the truth? Well here it is, EVERY system out there has a flaw. It depends on what you're willing to compromise on. The Vivi Novas don't leak but, provide a dry/burnt hit depending on the juice viscosity. Bobas being the thickest just won't work. I place all top fed clearos in the same category. They are also very hit and miss with the heads. One could be great and the next garbage. To me this system will never work consistently enough to use. The whole design fights itself. The coil is at the top and the wicks hang down to wick the juice up to the coil, all the time fighting gravity. This style people have been trying to get right for 2 years now and while the Vivi nova works the best it still has the issues former models had. Just not as often. Bottom coil clearos work better but still have leaking issues and still have consistency issues. Cartomizers have had consistency issues as well (bogegate) but for the most part that has behind us now. The good thing is that if one or 2 in a box don't work well you're not out very much money. Bad thing with thick juices is that the kill cartos very quick (2-3 days) They also mute flavor. Great thing about them is no leaking and very pocketable even a tank. All in all I believe they are the most consistent. I use Bobas in a carto tank at work most days. Atomizers have better flavor than cartomizers but tend to leak and splatter back in your mouth at times. Even with a drip shield they tend to leak and also make the draw much tighter than I like. You also need to keep a bottle with you to drip. Also remember "Friends don't let friends drip and drive."Lol Genesis atomizers have the best flavor but have a bit of a learning curve. They also aren't very pocketable as they leak when laid down. I prefer these to carto tanks when not at work. The flavor is that much better. There are also a couple enigmas that don't really fit into just one category. The Penelope is a rebuildable atomizer but it's surrounded by a tank that doesn't leak and has an adjustable juice control. The GP Spheroid is kind of a rebuildable cartomizer but also uses a wick to pull the juice from the batting. It also doesn't leak and has better flavor than a traditional cartomizer and since it's much bigger than a standard carto holds much more juice. I haven't tried either but both look promising. So there ya go. While none of the systems are perfect some are more consistent and solve more problems than others. Figure out what is really important and what you're willing to sacrifice and figure out what works for you. For me it was 2 systems. A carto tank for work and while I'm out and about because leaking is my primary concern. While at home I don't have to sacrifice flavor for portability so I use my genesis attys.

I agree with CaseAce. You'll never know how many times I've written the same message out, and then deleted before sending.

Some genesis attys leak like a faucet when laid down, while others do the drip, pause, pause, drip... it depends on the genny and on how it's prepped. Making sure the airhole is sky-up helps, if you must lay it down, helps prevent a lot of leaks.

But they are for the advanced users. (I have a Zenesis which has in fact emptied itself in th 5 minutes it fell on it's side before I noticed, and I have 2 out of 3 MMVapors genesis attys that haven't leaked at all. I'm not saying one is better, than the other, but the way they are built and the way we build the wick and coils does make a difference!).

Once you know your OHMs, Resistances, Volts, Watts,and have a stockpile of good ol' cartos and whatnots, then you're good to go ahead and begin the wonderful world of new learning curves.

But, to answer the OP's post question... "Is there any system that works consistently?" I have to say, yes!!!, the genesis, once you're past the learning curves. Getting past those curves can be ... fun, or it can be extremely frustrating, or most often, both.

Like we said though, they are NOT FOR The beginner!!

Depending on how much power you're applying to the atomizer's coil, you can figure roughly 2-3 pulls per drop. With most drip atties, you can drip 3-4 drops in without flooding or leaking.

It's usually kind of hard to flood a drip atomizer because before it gets to the point of submerging the coil, the juice will just leak out the bottom of the atty and all over you.

With a drip shield installed, you can (conveniently) put much more e liquid (say, 8-10 drops) in your atomizer at a time, and any leaking e juice is trapped inside the drip shield between two o-rings. If your flavor/vapor drops off, you can just take a quick, unpowered pull on the atty and that will cause the extra liquid inside the shield to be drawn back up into the atty for you to vape.

The gurgling you might hear when using a drip shield is just the extra juice being sucked back into the atomizer's housing...it's completely normal. Some atties I've used gurgle a little without a drip shield, but it's basically the same deal...juice being pulled up from the depths of the atty and closer to the coil and wick. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I used them for a few months last year, and got along okay with them. I really liked the whistle tip mouth piece, and the fact they hold a lot of juice. Tobacco flavors especially taste great in them. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they always needed topping off even though there was still a lot of juice inside. But overall, as long as you don't mind topping off, they work pretty swell. I filled mine with a syringe, I don't know if that's how they're still done or not... somebody else will have to fill you in on the new and improved versions that's surely come out since I've used mine.