Newbie - Head Is Spinning...

Chisox724

Hey everyone!

First off thanks for having a great place for information! I've recently been looking to give up smoking for the health/cost reasons...about a week ago, I tried a drag of an e-cig when I was out, and knew it would be a good path to take in quitting. I'm 26 years old, been smoking Marlboro Lights just under 10 years, a little less than a pack a day, and don't want to go any further (I hate smelling, the city I'm in they are $10 + a pack, and want to be healthy).

Problem...I didn't know exactly what I tried (ugh), so I've been trying to so some research on what I should get to start off. Although this is a great spot for info...I found it is very easy to get over-loaded. I originally thought that you would just order a Marlboro Light e-cig...eh not so much haha.

So, after doing some research, it looks like a consensus is that the eGo is a solid route to go for a beginner, so this is what I am looking at getting from Nashville Vapor (saw them recommended a few times here)...

Vision V2 eGo clearomizer kit on the front page, comes with: 2 1100 mag ego batteries, 2 vision V2 clearomizers, 2 replacement coils, 1 charger, 1 case

Now from what I understand clearomizers are recommended be wise of flavor, but a couple questions: how often do you change out clearomizers? Do I have to drip with a clearomizer or can I just pour the e juice in a cartridge? (Don't want to mess with anything complicated)

Also, I understand a clearomizer is large, is it too big to bring with you when your out with friends or at work? If that's the case should I get an atomizer or cartomizer that would be smaller? If so which would you recommend that would be compatible with the kit I'm thinking of buying?

Also, for juice, I am going to go to sweet vapes and get a variety to try out different nicotine levels and flavors to see what works.

Thanks for all your help, I tried to do as much research as I could before my head was about explode haha, I just want to check check double check before a large purchase!

The clearos are very easy to use. Just unscrew the top cap and fill her up. I think there are a perfect size for going out and about. Looks like you've been doing your research. You ordered a great kit ans Sweet-Vapes makes awesome juices. I recommend their Nutty Coffee and Green Applebacco. :)

Thanks Jeff! Haven't ordered yet, will tomorrow once I know what to get for sure.

Should I even bother with an atomizer or cartomizer or just stick with a clearomizer? And was also curious how long a clearomizer lasts? A week/month/many months?

Thanks again! And I will def give those ejuices a shot.

Like Jeff said !!

Welcome ! :animier:

you sound like you are on the right track. The ego is a great place to start. Clearomizers are very easy to use, fill and vape. over time you will end up trying many different setups...atomizer, cartomizer, various clearomizers....but for now simple is good.

The 1100 ego batteries are fairly long with a great use time between charges. you may find the 1100 a bit longer than your used to. my personal preference is 900mah ego battery. easily lasts me all day between charges. not sure which kits they have, but for you first e cig, the 1100 may (or may not) be a bit more obvious than you are looking for........

Thanks Jeff! Haven't ordered yet, will tomorrow once I know what to get for sure.

Should I even bother with an atomizer or cartomizer or just stick with a clearomizer? And was also curious how long a clearomizer lasts? A week/month/many months?

Thanks again! And I will def give those ejuices a shot.

Most of my clearos last at least a month,

Chisox, I'm assuming your around the Chicagoland area and was going to let you know there is a brick and morter store in Elmhurst on York Road. The place is called Cignot, they also have an online store. Very nice people there :cheers:

GOOOOOOOOO CUBBIESSSSSSSSSSS :p

Chisox, I'm assuming your around the Chicagoland area and was going to let you know there is a brick and morter store in Elmhurst on York Road. The place is called Cignot, they also have an online store. Very nice people there :cheers:

Cubs = Chicago's minor league team :evil:

I saw a location for Cignot in Hickory Hills, was wondering if their prices are competitive with what I would find online?

Just wanted to give an update, got my ego clearomizer kit yesterday along with a few liquids from Nashville...the free master blend they have is pretty decent but the other 2 I bought weren't great, one I think was a mocha 12 mg (ehh so so) and the other a 24 mg reg tobacco (way too harsh).

Anyway, I've loved it so far...the ego is pretty simple to use, pretty much just fill up and have at it. It only came with a USB battery charger so have to order a wall outlet one separately.

Also, I was originally planning to supplement gaping with smoking...eventually moving to all vaping...but I haven't had a cigarette since I tried this for the 1st time yesterday so I'm just sticking with it, and done with cigarettes.

Also...wasn't able to order from sweet vapes until today...got their traditional tobacco and a Spanish gold caramel tobacco...anyone have any thoughts on these? Any good?

finding the right flavors is always a bit of a trial. Very glad the Ego is working for you, it really is a great unit.

could try mixing the mocha and the tobacco....might taste better (or might not)...just a thought.

Happy vaping !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the non smoking world! :sorcerer: flavors are as diverse as what kinda food you like . So I will give you my faverate , pal-mall by joye tech it is available from many diferent retailers I add 4 drops of vannila extract flavor to mine per 10 ml. you can do the same thing with just mixing the 2 flavors of ready to use e-juice about 50-50 I just prefer using extracts, the vision clearmizer is good choice , and you can change the heating cores without throwing away the whole unit . Viva nova has a simular (in performance) unit . as long as you are using a "std " non adjustable battery I would recomend staying away from duel core caromizers , hard on battery and do not perform well on std voltage

Good luck to you

Just wanted to give an update, got my ego clearomizer kit yesterday along with a few liquids from Nashville...the free master blend they have is pretty decent but the other 2 I bought weren't great, one I think was a mocha 12 mg (ehh so so) and the other a 24 mg reg tobacco (way too harsh).Anyway, I've loved it so far...the ego is pretty simple to use, pretty much just fill up and have at it. It only came with a USB battery charger so have to order a wall outlet one separately.Also, I was originally planning to supplement gaping with smoking...eventually moving to all vaping...but I haven't had a cigarette since I tried this for the 1st time yesterday so I'm just sticking with it, and done with cigarettes.Also...wasn't able to order from sweet vapes until today...got their traditional tobacco and a Spanish gold caramel tobacco...anyone have any thoughts on these? Any good?
Chisox probably a great route to go you will find withdrawals for a regular cigarette minimal and in my case I built a distaste for regular cigs pretty quick. I started with a disposable drug store e cig just to try it and maybe someday order a kit. The next morning found me at my local brick and mortar shop buying an Ego T with a clearomizer. I am now one month smoke free and not looking back. I do love my clearomizer and strongly recommend it for ease of fill. As others have said online is cheaper but if you have a brick and mortar store nearby that is great for sampling some e liquids before you buy and getting a feel for what you like.

Cubs = Chicago's minor league team :evil:

I saw a location for Cignot in Hickory Hills, was wondering if their prices are competitive with what I would find online?

Die-hard Cubs fans over here....and I can't say anything because we had ANOTHER 100-loss season.

I've been to Cignot, they have a great friendly staff. My girlfriend goes to Elmhurst College so I'm on York a lot :).

Stay with the brick and mortor store !!!! there are so many knockoffs and junk out there most brick and mortor stores work with you and know the products well . ask friends who they go to , with out these mom and pop stores most would be lost . dont go there and get $100 of free advise then go online and save $ 2 that is close to being dishonest and at the least is dis honorable . most of these stores are a lot easier to deal with and will handle a faulty product on the spot