Is Pong Really 40!?!?

Just saw this on another forum about one of my other interests.

My intro to video gaming was the home version of this in 1975.

Yes I'm that old! lol

I also had an odyssey in 1980 but that's another history lesson :)

Gamers should celebrate the birthday of the one that started it all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

Atari 2600 was my first. It had a pong game and also a hundred or so more games. I know this because I still have one with over 100 games and a dozen or so of the better 7800 games. My dad bought me and my brothers a 2600 in '81 when they first came out. It came with 1 game, Combat, and the price was $130. About 10 years ago I bought a 7800 from a friend that came with over 100 games for $30 and I still play it. I had a Playstation2 given to me with a bunch of games, I lost interest pretty quickly and gave it all away but I won't ever give away my Atari. It's way better.

I must be as old as Joe because I remember 1975 but didn't get into video games until Pac Man fever hit.

My friend had the black and white version. I had to one up him so my parents bought me a color version. I was so dope. I also used to love playing the handheld Coleco football game also.

Mine had a switch so you could play in black and white just like your less fortunate friend. I played for hours to see what happens when you get a million points on Asteroids, after 999,990 it goes back to 0... or was it only 100,000? Whatever it was, I flipped it after playing it all day.