Boge Cartos And Vg E-Juice

paradox

I just got ten boge LR catromizers in the mail today and I was really psyched to try them out. I vape basically 100% VG e-juices so that's all I had to fill them with. I tried using the condom fill method and the juice just kind of all went up through the center hole without really soaking into the filler but after some fidling around I got almost the whole condom full of juice into the carto(or so i thought) it looked like it was pretty saturated so I set it aside for a good half hour to let it wick. I started vaping and I got a really good throat hit and decent vapor but after about the fifth hit the throat hit died off and after vaping for about seven minutes(or less) I started getting that burny filler material taste. I looked inside and the filler material looked like it was already drying up. I tried dripping directly onto the filler material and it just would not soak in so i fiddled around with the condom method again and then some weird methods i found on the internet but it's always the same thing, first few hits are great then the throat hit dies off and it starts to dry out.

am I doing something wrong? do boges just not work with thicker VG juices ? is there another filling method that anyone has found works with thicker juices on a boge carto?

how long do most people go between fill ups on a boge LR carto?

I really need help here because I really want these boges to work.

also I'm using them on an ego-c battery if that makes a difference(can't see how it would).

one last thing I found really dissapointing was that I seemed to be getting slightly better vapor production with the ego-c tank system yet somehow a much better throat hit on those initial drags on the boges...doesn't make much sense to me.

please help! also I do NOT have any syringes so that method isn't an option right now.

You could just try to drip the juice directly into the cartos. And with 100%vg I have heard you won't get very good throat hits on them if any at all. Usually it is the first hit on almost anytime you fill a cartridge the hit is outstanding if not overpowering sometimes. This usually occurs when the cartos haven't absorbed the liquid entirely. Also as a note not all cartos absorb 100%vg very well. You can always just let them sit straight up and let them absorb longer and hope for the best. I just ordered some 100%vg and I am hoping it will be good. It is suppose to be like a 60/40 mix because of the ethyl alcohol or something. Hope this helps you out.

I use the refillable carto's ,I just drip into the filler and let it soak in.Once the filler gets saturated the first time it soaks better.There are things you can add to VG to thin it without affecting the vapor production,and it might make for a better experience if you can load up easier.I use PG or a blend,didn't care much for 100%VG myself.

> I just got ten boge LR catromizers in the mail today and I was really psyched to try them out.

> am I doing something wrong? do boges just not work with thicker VG juices ?

You make it sound like you have used something different in the past that worked -- what was it?

I use Boge 2.0/LR's exclusively. You find something that works and you stick with it until you hear of something better. I absolutely use nothing but 100% VG and the same flavor...at least for the past 6-8 months. Zero issues here. Carto's and VG and just that way -- VG is going to be thick. I wouldn't dare to try to drip into a carto (any brand) with 100% VG. I start all cartos via syringe. When I'm home any refilling is done the same. When I am at work or I am out and about I will drip and wait, but if you are dealing with VG, yeah you are going to want to slowly inject vs. drip and wait. Once it's saturated, dripping isn't so bad. It's a VG thing not a carto brand thing.

You could just try to drip the juice directly into the cartos. And with 100%vg I have heard you won't get very good throat hits on them if any at all. Usually it is the first hit on almost anytime you fill a cartridge the hit is outstanding if not overpowering sometimes. This usually occurs when the cartos haven't absorbed the liquid entirely. Also as a note not all cartos absorb 100%vg very well. You can always just let them sit straight up and let them absorb longer and hope for the best. I just ordered some 100%vg and I am hoping it will be good. It is suppose to be like a 60/40 mix because of the ethyl alcohol or something. Hope this helps you out.

How was it? I've seen a site with the ethyl alcohol base and am courious.

I actually found a method for getting the VG juice to absorb quickly into the filler material. I drip a few drops on top of the material and just blow lightly into the carto and the juice goes right in. after you initially get the filler material soaked dripping into them actually works without much trouble. my boges have been working great today!

• 1 month later...

I just got two 5pks of Boge XL LR Cartomizers in a couple days ago. I also vape 100% VG - I order from Johnson Creek, there mixed with ionized water, and Dripeez, which is mixed with distilled water. I mostly syringe fill them at home, but drip when I'm out. Boge cartomizers are the best. I've tried Smoktech, but every cartomizer gave a burnt taste. I tried Clearomizers and tanks, and smoktechs, nothing worked until I ran into Boges. Like NYC said, find what works. Ego-C twist batteries with Boge XL LR Cartomizers is what works for me.

Lately, I've been getting a few bad Boge cartos here and there in my boxes. I think it's just a case of some poor quality control on the production line, but since a good Boge carto is (IMO) the best performing carto available today (and at less than a buck a piece), I don't mind tossing the occasional bad one out every now and again.

This may or may not be what you're experiencing, but other than the QC issues I just mentioned, I've not had problems with thicker juices in Boge cartos before...it just takes a little longer to saturate fully.

...I've tried Smoktech, but every cartomizer gave a burnt taste...

Yup. I used to use the 1.7Ω SmokTech Resurrectors a lot, but once you scorch 'em, they stay scorched. Boges are a lot more forgiving if you run 'em dry...just fill 'em back up and "cigar puff" 'em a couple of times...back in business. :thumbup:

I remember reading that Boge has improved them. I sometimes get juice down the center hole, that's not an issue - just blow through and it's good. Occasionally I have to wipe the center post off my ego, but that's nothing compared to those damn Clearomizers.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always found with ANY cartos that a 80PG/20 VG ratio is better for them. 50/50 is even a bit thick. The cotton filter tends to not allow VG to absorb as quickly as the more liquid like PG. Same goes with tanks. I love Boge atys and cartos as I find them very reliable. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just got ten boge LR catromizers in the mail today and I was really psyched to try them out. I vape basically 100% VG e-juices so that's all I had to fill them with. I tried using the condom fill method and the juice just kind of all went up through the center hole without really soaking into the filler but after some fidling around I got almost the whole condom full of juice into the carto(or so i thought) it looked like it was pretty saturated so I set it aside for a good half hour to let it wick. I started vaping and I got a really good throat hit and decent vapor but after about the fifth hit the throat hit died off and after vaping for about seven minutes(or less) I started getting that burny filler material taste. I looked inside and the filler material looked like it was already drying up. I tried dripping directly onto the filler material and it just would not soak in so i fiddled around with the condom method again and then some weird methods i found on the internet but it's always the same thing, first few hits are great then the throat hit dies off and it starts to dry out.

am I doing something wrong? do boges just not work with thicker VG juices ? is there another filling method that anyone has found works with thicker juices on a boge carto?

how long do most people go between fill ups on a boge LR carto?

I really need help here because I really want these boges to work.

also I'm using them on an ego-c battery if that makes a difference(can't see how it would).

one last thing I found really dissapointing was that I seemed to be getting slightly better vapor production with the ego-c tank system yet somehow a much better throat hit on those initial drags on the boges...doesn't make much sense to me.

please help! also I do NOT have any syringes so that method isn't an option right now.

I used all VG too, and the system that I like best are the Kanger T2s'. They give some TH and taste is great. The atties tend to flood once or twice a day but thats the trade off.

One thing if you use these, you have to trim approx 2mm off of the silicon cap that comes on the coil head. Otherwise gives a weird taste.

I've used Boge stype carto with AVE juice and seems to work fine, just doesn't give much taste compared to the T2. The only one I've tried is the 1.7 Ohm from iVape.

AVE juice is one of the thinner VG juices I've tried. Vaporrenu, Sweet-Vapes, and Vaporroom's VG is super thick; I haven't tried them in anything but the T2 cause I highly doubt they would work.