Help Me Get E-Cigs Unbanned! My College Has Banned Them

My college has recently banned e-cigs on campus. Me, along with others find this new ban to be unnecessary. I am trying to persuade my school to reverse the ban. I have created a petition online to show them that people want it reversed. Could you guys check out my online petition and sign it? It would really help! I'm going to do all I can to reverse the ban.

What bothers me about the ban is that e-cigs do not belong in the policy because they don't break any of the rules within the policy! My petition explains why. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could sign it or give me further ideas to help. Here's my petition... https://www.change.o....nic-cigarettes

Thank you!

Good luck mdee4. Colleges have a right to do things like this and once they make up their mind it would be hard to change their mind. Sure a petition site would raise their interest but since it is available for anyone to sign it instead of just people on the campus then I am not quite sure what they would think. I would say you could get everyone gathered up that disagrees and strike if it is legal over there. Just show the college that there is a big group of people that don't agree and just tell them that you will go to a difference college it their decision isn't changed. As in my opinion there really isn't anything special about being a nicotine free campus other than a bunch of students with headaches and going crazy. Anyways that is what I think don't know about what anyone else here would think.

Good luck mdee4. Colleges have a right to do things like this and once they make up their mind it would be hard to change their mind. Sure a petition site would raise their interest but since it is available for anyone to sign it instead of just people on the campus then I am not quite sure what they would think. I would say you could get everyone gathered up that disagrees and strike if it is legal over there. Just show the college that there is a big group of people that don't agree and just tell them that you will go to a difference college it their decision isn't changed. As in my opinion there really isn't anything special about being a nicotine free campus other than a bunch of students with headaches and going crazy. Anyways that is what I think don't know about what anyone else here would think.

Thanks for the info. The reason I am trying to reverse the ban is because I was told they were added because they were smoking devices and the ban will help keep it a nicotine-free campus. However, there is no mention of nicotine within their policy, not even once. That and e-cigs are not smoking devices. E-cigs are not breaking any rules within their policy so I will try to convince them that they should not be banned within their policy.

Eliquid is considered a tobaco product for purposes of regulation ,or lack of.Most bans are for tobacco products .Luckily we leave very little evidence when we stealth vape ,so it is pretty easy to just go with the flow.

Most colleges do listen to their students as long as you remain civil and have all the facts behind you. I'd suggest you first go talk to your Associated Student Government officers and try to convince them to back your cause. They have the ear and can get the attention of your college's cabinet members to try to change this ban.

Good luck!

ETA: Um... you might want to add to this sentence, "The liquid is basically nicotine, glycol propylene, and water." Most e-juice contain food grade flavorings as well as vegetable glycerin, some also contain food coloring. I could be wrong but the only time I've heard of water being used in e-liquid is with 100% VG (vegetable glycerin) mixes. I'm not sure if glycol propylene is the same as propylene glycol but I think it's the latter that you'll find in e-liquids. :)

Edited by Tameiki

If they want to be nicotine free, are they also banning the nicotine infused gum and lozenges?

That is what I am going to ask them. They have no policy against those items, but it wouldn't surprise me if they say don't use those on campus.

Have you sent them info from Casaayet? They have tons of helpful, fact filled, info, including links to the Physicians blogs, Cardiologists reports, and so forth. They will even help you with your presentation if you need that. Good luck!

I just became a member of CASAA. I will look for info on their site to help me. Thanks for the heads up!

• 6 months later...

I also just joined as a regional rep.

I'm impressed that many of their agendas SUPPORT bans of sales to minors.

IMO this proves that this industry is capable of self-regulation and responsible commerce.