Absolute Vs Relative Health Effects

Perrien

There are MANY articles out there discussing the relative benefits of gaping to smoking and most agree that it's safer to some degree. What I'd like to know is what are the absolute health risks of vaping?

My wife is an ex smoker (several years now) and I am an occasional cigar smoker (maybe a few a month). We both enjoy and miss the experience of smoking but have no need for the nicotine. Given that we currently don't smoke (effectively), what are the health risks of beginning vaping to get the enjoyment of it back but vape only zero nic mixes? I know nicotine is relatively safe (I've heard similar to caffeine) but if neither of us want or need it, why bother with it? So, any known serious risks of vaping to non-smokers?

As Jeff said there is no indepth studies although I read somewhere about a study that proves no ill effect to the heart. Also PV and VG is in many of the food items we use everyday so I would guess to say minus the nic it should be pretty safe.

Take a drag of a traditional cigarette and blow the smoke through a tissue or cloth. Now try the same thing with vapor from an e-cig. This simple experiment will give you some idea how nasty tobacco smoke really is and how much you really shouldn't worry about e-cig vapor.

So far, the only proof, is via patients and their doctors.

The ecig world, to date, doesn't have the funds to prove anything, that's why we went for the "tobacco" label. :rolleyes:

Doctors, the world over, are astounded by the health improvements of their patients. That's proof enough for me that they are more beneficial than harmful.

Vaping includes nicotine but it is away from all the other harmful stuffs that are available in cigarettes and nicotine is not alone responsible for the hazardous health effects.Don't listen to any one till you feel something physically that would be worse for the body.

Edited by lindsayfox